Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supp0rtLinux

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Problem with my iPhone 5 and my wife's iPhone 4S... sent my wife two messages around 9am and 10am this morning. She just called wondering why I've been so quiet. She never got it. Checking between my MBP and my iPhone one says delivered, but the other doesn't (usually they both say it). The wife hasn't rec'd any of them. Have tried rebooting all devices. Even signed out of iMessage, rebooted, signed back in. Nothing is working, though activating after signing back in says all is fine. Has been a problem all day as far as I can tell. Apple status page shows nothing. But googling "april 18 2013 imessage" has quite a few results and some Apple discussion threads with users saying they're having the same issues in Oregon, San Diego, central California, and NC. Anyone else having issues like this today?

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Problem with my iPhone 5 and my wife's iPhone 4S... sent my wife two messages around 9am and 10am this morning. She just called wondering why I've been so quiet. She never got it. Checking between my MBP and my iPhone one says delivered, but the other doesn't (usually they both say it). The wife hasn't rec'd any of them. Have tried rebooting all devices. Even signed out of iMessage, rebooted, signed back in. Nothing is working, though activating after signing back in says all is fine. Has been a problem all day as far as I can tell. Apple status page shows nothing. But googling "april 18 2013 imessage" has quite a few results and some Apple discussion threads with users saying they're having the same issues in Oregon, San Diego, central California, and NC. Anyone else having issues like this today?

I have found the fix for this. Start a FaceTime call with an iPhone you're having an iMessage issue with, after you complete a call your iPhone it will now see that you're starting a conversation with another iPhone and iMessage will take over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.