PDA

View Full Version : HTC One - returned it today

erio8
Apr 19, 2013, 02:25 PM
I just returned my by 64gb HTC One today. This is the first phone I have ever returned. I received it yesterday and spent over 24 hours setting it up and playing with all the features. I know many might say I should have given it more time. However, I don't think any more time would have made a difference. Now I’m back to my iphone 4. I’ve had an iphone since they first came out, but wanted to try something different. I had never really spent much time on an android phone. I read all the rave reviews and was really hyped up about the phone. I really wanted to like this phone. It’s an amazing phone with good build quality, but I wouldn’t say it’s as good as an iphone. The parts are high quality but I don't think it's built as well as the iphone. It certainly has more options and is more customizable. If I were a software engineer I might consider getting this phone. It was just too finicky for me…much less user friendly. There were several things that turned me off. Many of them related to email which is something I used a lot. These certainly might not be important for everyone:

-Email does not allow you to search on the respective servers. This is something I do quite frequently. You can only search the downloaded emails for a given period of time, ie 30 days. I was told this is the same for all android phones.

-Exchange emails that I read kept showing up as unread.

-Text of email doesn’t fit screen and requires you to pan over the screen to look at entire email. Also, it will only download the text and not the images of the email unless you select that for each email. There is no way to select this as a default for all emails.

-Harder to navigate both within and between individual applications.

-Power button functions as home button on top of the phone. They should have put a home button on the front like the iphone. It's so much easier to access.

-Poor customer support. Called in and the guy calling had no clue how to help me. Worse than Apple. He was feeding me total BS and didn’t know much about the phone.

-I used htc sync to transfer my information over to the iPhone, but it didn’t save many important email addresses I use on a daily basis.

-Couldn’t find email downloads after downloading and no way to open them without downloading. I had to search the Android forums to find a program that allows you to organize your files. This took forever and I still didn’t like how the app worked. Again, not user friendly.

-Phone felt like it would easily slip out of my hand.

-No imessage

-No FaceTime

-Voicemail. I tried an app (youmail) that didn't work as well as the iphone voicemail.

These were all the main cons I can think of at this time.

Pros:
-Beautiful large screen
-Customizable
-Fast processor

I'm glad I gave it a trial. I’ll wait for the next iphone.

thehustleman
Apr 19, 2013, 02:30 PM
Most of that can be solved with an app

erio8
Apr 19, 2013, 02:38 PM
Most of that can be solved with an app

I'm sure but I don't have time to search for the perfect app. Iphone has all that build in the phone.

bmac4
Apr 19, 2013, 02:38 PM
I just returned my by 64gb HTC One today. This is the first phone I have ever returned. I received it yesterday and spent over 24 hours setting it up and playing with all the features. I know many might say I should have given it more time. However, I don't think any more time would have made a difference. Now Iím back to my iphone 4. Iíve had an iphone since they first came out, but wanted to try something different. I had never really spent much time on an android phone. I read all the rave reviews and was really hyped up about the phone. I really wanted to like this phone. Itís an amazing phone with good build quality, but I wouldnít say itís as good as an iphone. The parts are high quality but itís doesnít seem itís built as well as the iphone. It certainly has more options and is more customizable than the iphone. If I were a software engineer I might consider getting this phone. It was just to0 finicky for meÖmuch less user friendly. There were several things that turned me off. Many of them related to email which is something I used a lot. These certainly might not be important for everyone:

-Email does not allow you to search on the respective servers. This is something I do quite frequently. You can only search the downloaded emails for a given period of time, ie 30 days. I was told this is the same for all android phones.

-Text of email doesnít fit screen and requires you to pan over the screen to look at entire email. Also, it will only download the text and not the images of the email unless you select that for each email. There is no way to select this as a default for all emails.

-Power button on top of the phone. They should have put it on the front like the iphone. It's so much easier to access.

-Poor customer support. Called in the guy calling had no clue how to help me. Worse than Apple. I was feeding me total BS and didnít know much about the phone.

-I used htc sync to save my contacts, but it didnít save many important email addresses I use daily

-Couldnít find email downloads after downloading and no way to open them without downloading. I had to search the Android forums to find a program that allows you to organize your files. This took forever and I still didnít like how the app worked. Again, not user friendly.

Pros:
-Beautiful large screen
-Customizable
-Fast processor

I'm glad I gave it a trial. Iíll wait for the next iphone.

Why do people key saying this? It is not an iPhone, and most all android phones have the sleep/wake button on top or the side. It just takes some getting use to.

MacRumorUser
Apr 19, 2013, 02:43 PM
. It’s an amazing phone with - No removable battery (+ HTC's reputation for poor battery life)

battery life on the one is generally very good, and the iPhone hasn't had a removal battery ever... So what's the difference?

-Text of email doesn’t fit screen and requires you to pan over the screen to look at entire email. Also, it will only download the text and not the images of the email unless you select that for each email. There is no way to select this as a default for all emails.

change the mail size limit in settings to more than 'header only' and it will download the images automatically. It doesn't do this by default to save mobile data

dont understand this. Navigating between applications is the same as iOS - click home, select different app ?

-Power button on top of the phone. They should have put it on the front like the iphone. It's so much easier to access.

power button on the iPhone is also on top, your confusing home button with power button.

-Poor customer support. Called in the guy calling had no clue how to help me. Worse than Apple. I was feeding me total BS and didn’t know much about the phone.

we can't comment because we don't know what you were asking them.

-I used htc sync to save my contacts, but it didn’t save many important email addresses I use daily

it should sync without issue, especially if you opt to restore from an iPhone backup. However its always preferable to use google account for contacts if your ever going through android devices.

-Couldn’t find email downloads after downloading and no way to open them without downloading. I had to search the Android forums to find a program that allows you to organize your files. This took forever and I still didn’t like how the app worked. Again, not user friendly.

the downloads app didn't give you a clue?

Pros:
-Beautiful large screen
-Customizable
-Fast processor

sure the iPhone 5S will suit you, hopefully iOS 7 doesn't bring the big changes most are hoping for otherwise you'll be lost ;)

erio8
Apr 19, 2013, 02:43 PM
Why do people key saying this? It is not an iPhone, and most all android phones have the sleep/wake button on top or the side. It just takes some getting use to.

It's a nice feature offered on the iphone. What more can I say. If android phone makers want to compete with the iphone they need to make it more user friendly and provide better customer support by listening to their customers and testing the phones with long time iphone users.

bmac4
Apr 19, 2013, 02:46 PM
It's a nice feature offered on the iphone. What more can I say. If android phone makers want to compete with the iphone they need to make it more user friendly and provide better customer support by listening to their customers and testing the phones with long time iphone users.

Oh dear I am done here. Should not have wasted my time. Just don't bother trying android again.

Dr McKay
Apr 19, 2013, 02:57 PM

What exactly isn't user friendly about it? I found the iPhone to be very user unfriendly to me.

rockitdog
Apr 19, 2013, 02:58 PM
LOL, the OP is exactly why Android heads look at iPhones users and laugh! You can't have used an operating for years and then expect to know and understand and completely feel comfortable with it 24 hours. What a goof! Dude, give it at least a week. I was a former 3GS & 4S user who experimented with Adnroid last summer and decided to go back to iOS but ever since the Android opperating system has been intreaguing me more and more- so much so that I am probably going to purchase the One next week. It takes time for things to gel and become comfortable with- things just don't change overnight.

It's probably better, I'm sure that Andoird was too advanced for the OP anyway especially if he's not willing to try out different Apps.

erio8
Apr 19, 2013, 03:02 PM
Look I'm just giving my personal opinion of the phone. I'm sure many may like it better than the iPhone. This is why I don't like posting such threads. People are too sensitive. It's only a phone. The prefer the iPhone....so what. At least I gave the Htc a shot. I may try an android again in the future.

thekev
Apr 19, 2013, 03:03 PM

What makes one better than the other? You're used to to the first, but what would make the iphone's method better if you weren't coming from one or the other?

erio8
Apr 19, 2013, 03:05 PM
LOL, the OP is exactly why Android heads look at iPhones users and laugh! You can't have used an operating for years and then expect to know and understand and completely feel comfortable with it 24 hours. What a goof! Dude, give it at least a week. I was a former 3GS & 4S user who experimented with Adnroid last summer and decided to go back to iOS but ever since the Android opperating system has been intreaguing me more and more- so much so that I am probably going to purchase the One next week. It takes time for things to gel and become comfortable with- things just don't change overnight.

It's probably better, I'm sure that Andoird was too advanced for the OP anyway especially if he's not willing to try out different Apps.

I bet you wouldn't talk me like that in my face and not behind the keyboard. Dudes like you ruin forums. Have some respect.

Assault
Apr 19, 2013, 03:06 PM

Erio, it takes more than a day to learn everything about Android, coming from iOS. That said, Android is very intuitive, where iOS is actually counter-intuitive. The Sense UI is where issues come into play. I cant stand Sense. I prefer stock Vanilla Android or derivitives of AOSP or AOKP (stands for Android Open Source Project or Android Open Kang Project).

As for your first post, you have to learn that each app has it's own settings feature, which includes GMail. If you were using HTC's email, that may have been a huge problem? GMail gives you everything you wanted, you just have to alter the settings. Takes 15 seconds.

Exchange email on GMail, works perfect. I have an Outlook, Hotmail and Yahoo email account all synced and opens within GMail. I even have them color coded and tabbed. Easy to archive with a simple swipe.

Text and images fit just fine. Just have to click the "Fit in" option under settings.

Navigating and multi-tasking on Android is vastly superior to iOS. You can add 3rd party apps to use swiping from edges, use a Pie control method, use a virtual Navigation button, certain launchers have this ability or simply hit the back, home, recents or menu button. (Not sure which ones the HTC One has?)

Power button and layout of the buttons are just plain bad. No arguing here.

Voicemail. Google Voice can handle all voicemail, to include transcribing tthe entire message if you want it to.

No iMessage - duh. Google has Google Talk and there is a slew of messenger apps.
Google just didn't steal Blackberry Messenger and then file a patent and call it iMessage, preventing other companies from using the feature with iPhones.

I have never used a HTC phone, but the way the One is laid out, is completely wrong for anyone having used an Android phone before. Why they decided to change button placement, is beyond me. You could also have very valid points regarding the Sense UI. I prefer stock Android and find it extremely easy to use. I do have a feeling that the HTC One will be returned in high numbers, simply because both Android and iOS adopters will hate the layout and probably not like Sense UI. And how many ROMS will there be? Probably not many if it isn't a popular phone.

erio8
Apr 19, 2013, 03:08 PM
. Itís an amazing phone with - No removable battery (+ HTC's reputation for poor battery life)

battery life on the one is generally very good, and the iPhone hasn't had a removal battery ever... So what's the difference?

-Text of email doesnít fit screen and requires you to pan over the screen to look at entire email. Also, it will only download the text and not the images of the email unless you select that for each email. There is no way to select this as a default for all emails.

change the mail size limit in settings to more than 'header only' and it will download the images automatically. It doesn't do this by default to save mobile data

dont understand this. Navigating between applications is the same as iOS - click home, select different app ?

power button on the iPhone is also on top, your confusing home button with power button.

-Poor customer support. Called in the guy calling had no clue how to help me. Worse than Apple. I was feeding me total BS and didnít know much about the phone.

-I used htc sync to save my contacts, but it didnít save many important email addresses I use daily

it should sync without issue, especially if you opt to restore from an iPhone backup. However its always preferable to use google account for contacts if your ever going through android devices.

-Couldnít find email downloads after downloading and no way to open them without downloading. I had to search the Android forums to find a program that allows you to organize your files. This took forever and I still didnít like how the app worked. Again, not user friendly.

Pros:
-Beautiful large screen
-Customizable
-Fast processor

I'm glad I gave it a trial. Iíll wait for the next iphone.

sure the iPhone 5S will suit you, hopefully iOS 7 doesn't bring the big changes most are hoping for otherwise you'll be lost ;)

Yes I meant the home button. The power button has to be used when the phone is locked or in standby.

daveathall
Apr 19, 2013, 03:09 PM
I would have given it a little longer TBH, but if it's not for you, thats fine, at least you gave it a try and have scratched the itch. Enjoy your iPhone, although I prefer Android I still think that the iPhone is superb. :)

Kashsystems
Apr 19, 2013, 03:09 PM
Exchange email on GMail, works perfect. I have an Outlook, Hotmail and Yahoo email account all synced and opens within GMail. I even have them color coded and tabbed. Easy to archive with a simple swipe.

This I have to disagree with on, in one aspect. In this day and age were many corporations use Exchange for their hosted email, Exchange should work out of the box without relying on a third party service or software.

erio8
Apr 19, 2013, 03:10 PM
What makes one better than the other? You're used to to the first, but what would make the iphone's method better if you weren't coming from one or the other?

When the phone is sitting there and you want to open something you just press down on the phone with one finger. Also, it's easier to turn in with one hand when holding the phone. Easier to navigate as well.

Assault
Apr 19, 2013, 03:16 PM
This I have to disagree with on, in one aspect. In this day and age were many corporations use Exchange for their hosted email, Exchange should work out of the box without relying on a third party service or software.

uh, GMail is the defacto Google email client. Just because Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc.. decide to put their own crapware on the phone, does not mean you have to use it. In fact you can completely disable it and replace it with GMail, making GMail the default email application.

Again, it takes more than a day to learn how Android works and the things that can be customized. If you have only ever known iOS, you have no idea how held back you have been and how much more capable Android phones are. But it will take some time to learn the OS. That is, and never will be, in question.

Kashsystems
Apr 19, 2013, 03:21 PM
uh, GMail is the defacto Google email client. Just because Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc.. decide to put their own crapware on the phone, does not mean you have to use it. In fact you can completely disable it and replace it with GMail, making GMail the default email application.

Again, it takes more than a day to learn how Android works and the things that can be customized. If you have only ever known iOS, you have no idea how held back you have been and how much more capable Android phones are. But it will take some time to learn the OS. That is, and never will be, in question.

I meant that more as a knock against HTC. There are many people out there in the world want their phone to "just work" regardless of the OS and if HTC offers their own default mail program it should just work with Exchange out of the box with no issues.

MacRumorUser
Apr 19, 2013, 03:27 PM
I meant that more as a knock against HTC. There are many people out there in the world want their phone to "just work" regardless of the OS and if HTC offers their own default mail program it should just work with Exchange out of the box with no issues.

I set up an exchange account without issue just entered my details into Microsoft exchange ActiveSync and it synced no problem in mail. I haven't a clue why the OP had issues.

Assault
Apr 19, 2013, 03:29 PM
When the phone is sitting there and you want to open something you just press down on the phone with one finger. Also, it's easier to turn in with one hand when holding the phone. Easier to navigate as well.

So, the phone is in sleep mode, with no applications running and you just tap the screen and it turns on? You don't touch any of the buttons? I'd like to see that video.

And the iPhone has a 3.99" display vs HTC One with a 4.7" screen. Easier to manipulate with one hand? Yeah, I would agree. But I can handle the S3, which is even bigger, just fine with one hand.

blairh
Apr 19, 2013, 03:36 PM
OP I think you returned your One too quickly. I see no harm in giving it at least a week to learn how to use it better and to get a better impression of the device.

I'm not sure why you called HTC. I'm pretty sure you could have received an answer to any question you had by either looking online or asking a sales rep at your carrier.

The lack of iMessage is a con for sure however if you text a lot with one person or a select few then there are easy alternatives like Whatsapp. Also the One will soon get Google Bable which will most likely be Android's answer to iMessage.

Having said all that, I have no serious problem with you returning your One. I do think you should have given it at least a few more days. Also I find it strange that something like the lack of a home button to wake your One bothered you when you already knew this was the case before purchasing the phone.

The reviews have been glowing across the board for the One. Unless it suffers from some issue that hasn't been unveiled just yet, I think it's going to be the hit HTC so desperately needs.

erio8
Apr 19, 2013, 03:39 PM
So, the phone is in sleep mode, with no applications running and you just tap the screen and it turns on? You don't touch any of the buttons? I'd like to see that video.

And the iPhone has a 3.99" display vs HTC One with a 4.7" screen. Easier to manipulate with one hand? Yeah, I would agree. But I can handle the S3, which is even bigger, just fine with one hand.

You just have to touch the home button. Not just the screen. That is what I meant to say.

Kashsystems
Apr 19, 2013, 03:41 PM
I set up an exchange account without issue just entered my details into Microsoft exchange ActiveSync and it synced no problem in mail. I haven't a clue why the OP had issues.

The only other thing I was wondering is if the OP was on an older exchange server like 2003, because 2003 had a ton of issues with mobile devices.

Stuntman06
Apr 19, 2013, 03:45 PM

I do like the home buttom myself. I own a Galaxy S3 and like the fact that when my phone is in the car mount, I can wake it by pressing on the front home button. On my old Desire Z, I had to hit the power button at the top.

This feature is more of personal preference than anything else. You should see how many S3 owners complain that there is a home button on the front like the iPhone.

Regarding user friendliness, I do find that when I first tried using the iPhone, I had some difficulties with it due to the fact that it is different than Android phones. It cause some frustration until I figured out some of those differences which are not so subtle sometimes. You as a long time iPhone user would likely experience some frustrations on the fact that the HTC One is not an iPhone.

Look I'm just giving my personal opinion of the phone. I'm sure many may like it better than the iPhone. This is why I don't like posting such threads. People are too sensitive. It's only a phone. The prefer the iPhone....so what. At least I gave the Htc a shot. I may try an android again in the future.

That is fine. You tried out the One and found it just wasn't for you. No harm in that. I also do appreciate your commenting on why you chose to return it. We all have different tastes and are also used to different products. Don't let some of these comments from discouraging you from posting your opinions.

The Nokia N9 has no physical buttons on the front. To wake it, you double tap the screen. This feature is due to be available on the Lumina 920 on an upcoming update.

To wake the BlackBerry Z10, you swipe from off the edge of the screen to across the screen.

It took me a while to get used to the size of the S3. My first impression is that it is a two-handed phone. Over time, I got used to the size and can navigate it with one hand. My old phone was a 3.7" Desire Z.

erio8
Apr 19, 2013, 03:48 PM
OP I think you returned your One too quickly. I see no harm in giving it at least a week to learn how to use it better and to get a better impression of the device.

I'm not sure why you called HTC. I'm pretty sure you could have received an answer to any question you had by either looking online or asking a sales rep at your carrier.

The lack of iMessage is a con for sure however if you text a lot with one person or a select few then there are easy alternatives like Whatsapp. Also the One will soon get Google Bable which will most likely be Android's answer to iMessage.

Having said all that, I have no serious problem with you returning your One. I do think you should have given it at least a few more days. Also I find it strange that something like the lack of a home button to wake your One bothered you when you already knew this was the case before purchasing the phone.

The reviews have been glowing across the board for the One. Unless it suffers from some issue that hasn't been unveiled just yet, I think it's going to be the hit HTC so desperately needs.

Not sure it will be such a big hit for long time iPhone users. Lets see. The email issues were enough for me to give up the phone. There was no way to get the phone to search on the email servers. There was no point in trying it out longer. I did search the net and call customer service for solutions. I just don't have much time to spend finding solutions. If I was a teenager or still in college I might have enjoyed playing around with it more.

LIVEFRMNYC
Apr 19, 2013, 03:49 PM
I've seen review vids of complaints about the power button being on top, cause it's the only way to get the One to wake. I think it's a legit complaint but not something you can't get used to if you really like the phone.

ucfgrad93
Apr 19, 2013, 03:58 PM
You can't have used an operating for years and then expect to know and understand and completely feel comfortable with it 24 hours. Dude, give it at least a week. I was a former 3GS & 4S user who experimented with Adnroid last summer and decided to go back to iOS but ever since the Android opperating system has been intreaguing me more and more- so much so that I am probably going to purchase the One next week. It takes time for things to gel and become comfortable with- things just don't change overnight.

Agreed. After using iOS for so long, of course Android is going to feel different. A 24 hour trial isn't long enough.

b166er
Apr 19, 2013, 04:29 PM
When I got curious about Android I bought a Nexus 7 so I wouldn't have to worry about contracts or mobile data. And I'm glad I did, because I know Android pretty well now and I'm looking forward to getting an Android phone next month.

HTC and I though.... no deal. HTC and Moto are both on my blacklist for a variety of reasons. Old grudges, but... I'm stubborn, what can I say.

adder7712
Apr 19, 2013, 07:51 PM

The S III has the same screensize as the HTC One...

Kariya
Apr 19, 2013, 08:13 PM
Typical, Fandroids jump on the OP because he didn't join the "ditched stale iOS for *insert another day another Android slab here* club".

You shouldn't need 6 months to learn a new operating system. 24hrs should be more than enough to get a feel for the basics of any device and decide whether or not you can work with it.

OP tried the phone and listed valid reasons why things didn't work out. Nothing major.

adder7712
Apr 19, 2013, 08:43 PM
Typical, Fandroids jump on the OP because he didn't join the "ditched stale iOS for *insert another day another Android slab here* club".

You shouldn't need 6 months to learn a new operating system. 24hrs should be more than enough to get a feel for the basics of any device and decide whether or not you can work with it.

OP tried the phone and listed valid reasons why things didn't work out. Nothing major.

The thing is, some people are reluctant to change and adapt.

erio8
Apr 19, 2013, 09:14 PM
. It’s an amazing phone with - No removable battery (+ HTC's reputation for poor battery life)

-Poor customer support. Called in the guy calling had no clue how to help me. Worse than Apple. I was feeding me total BS and didn’t know much about the phone.

-I used htc sync to save my contacts, but it didn’t save many important email addresses I use daily

Pros:
-Beautiful large screen
-Customizable
-Fast processor

I had email set to maximum size. It still didn't download the images automatically. Yes I was talking about the home button.

Biggest issue regarding email was the inability to search on the yahoo and exchange servers. Iphone does this automatically. I called HTC about that as well and was told it was impossible. The guy put me on hold almost 20 minutes go and find the answer to that question.

I did restore it from an iphone backup. However, most of the email accounts didn't get transferred. I have used yahoo email for many years and didn't want to change to gmail. There was no downloads app on the phone. I took it to the att store and they couldn't find it either. They said the phone should have come preloaded with a download app like other androids. I did find a way using a app from the play store, but it was still hard to find where they were going within the app. Also, sometimes you just want to open and not save a file in an email. I wasn't able to do that either.

I couldn't find any app or setting to solve these issues so I didn't see any point of keeping the phone any longer.

Explicitic
Apr 19, 2013, 09:15 PM

Actually, the real problem is most people jumping from iOS to Android tend to expect everything to be the same. They expect everything that they had and did on IOS to be and work on Android. It's that kind of mindset that causes all their problems and instead of spending time and looking for alternatives, they don't try at all and make threads like this. For example:

-Application Navigation More Difficult - Easily fixed with a sidebar application, makes navigating between applications a billion times easier than iOS.
-Power (rather Home) Button Issue - Easily resolved with a volume button to wake mod. Makes it just as simple.
-No iMessage - iMessage is iOS ONLY and there ain't nothing Google or anybody else but Apple can do about it. WhatsApp is a billion times better as it is not restricted to one platform. Or wait for the rumored (multi-platform) Google Babel at IO.
-No FaceTime - Again, nothing anybody but Apple can do about it. Use something like Skype or even Google Hangouts, anything that works on multiple platforms. Not everybody uses iOS, you know?
-Voicemail - I assume you are talking about Visual Voicemail? This varies from carrier to carrier but generally, you need to pay an extra fee. Or be like everyone else and use Google Voice for VM....

I can't comment on any of your email or data transfer issues since I don't use much of either but someone earlier already pointed out fixes and alternatives.

The point I'm trying to make here is that people who switch need to change their mindsets and know that it is a different operating system. iOS is a closed environment which basically means anything in there developed by Apple, you probably won't find on another device. But just remember there are many alternatives that are compatible across all platforms and work much better.

The beauty of Android is that literally everything is customizable and can be changed in some way.

ChrisTX
Apr 19, 2013, 09:23 PM
*THIS JUST IN* USER ON A APPLE RUMOR SITE HEAVILY FAVORED IPHONE TO THE COMPETITION!!! Nothing to see here, and this is to be expected on MacRumors. I feel like someone of you aren't even trying to give the competition a chance.

Fernandez21
Apr 19, 2013, 09:32 PM

Text and images fit just fine. Just have to click the "Fit in" option under settings.

How did you get your yahoo! accounts to sync with the Gmail app?

rmhop81
Apr 19, 2013, 09:48 PM
*THIS JUST IN* USER ON A APPLE RUMOR SITE HEAVILY FAVORED IPHONE TO THE COMPETITION!!! Nothing to see here, and this is to be expected on MacRumors. I feel like someone of you aren't even trying to give the competition a chance.

I never understand these comments. If something is so awesome or so much better, why doesn't take an extended period of time before you notice? Oh OP keep it for 2 weeks give it a chance etc. to me with no home button and only can power screen in an awkward position that would make me wanna return it too. People constantly complain about this one handed crap and many androids don't have home buttons. Makes no sense. People are different.

ChrisTX
Apr 19, 2013, 10:42 PM
I never understand these comments. If something is so awesome or so much better, why doesn't take an extended period of time before you notice? Oh OP keep it for 2 weeks give it a chance etc. to me with no home button and only can power screen in an awkward position that would make me wanna return it too. People constantly complain about this one handed crap and many androids don't have home buttons. Makes no sense. People are different.

If you've actually read any of the reviews, you'd understand that the power button was strategically placed at the top of the phone due to it also containing an IR Blaster inside. Is it really that big of a deal that it's on the top left instead of the bottom? Honestly to me, it's not that big of a deal.

blackhand1001
Apr 19, 2013, 11:07 PM

Exchange works in the stock email app on my galaxy nexus and nexus 7. It should work on the HTC mail app as well.

Assault
Apr 20, 2013, 12:39 AM
The S III has the same screensize as the HTC One...

Close, but you're wrong.

Assault
Apr 20, 2013, 12:55 AM

It has been a long time since I set up my Yahoo and GMail to sync. I believe you have to been on a regular computer, log in to your Google account and then add in the POP yahoo exchange info. I do not believe this can be done on a mobile device? But like I said, it has been a while since I did this.

kevinof
Apr 20, 2013, 04:04 AM
Why are these even mentioned here? imessage and facetime are IOS ONLY apps. They are not available on any other platform but IOS. They should have been key decision points in you staying with the iphone, not reasons for returning the HTC.

You obviously knew they were IOS only and yet you went with the HTC and then cite them as reasons to ditch the HTC.

-No imessage

-No FaceTime

JaySoul
Apr 20, 2013, 04:35 AM
Sorry OP but this is a lazy thread.

I had the HTC One for about 4 days. You can't just go from years of iOS to Android in 24 hours and expect to know it all.

I sold my HTC One too, and share a few valid complaints with you but I'll be moving to Android soon enough, it's definitely ahead of iOS in many respects.

onthecouchagain
Apr 20, 2013, 07:45 AM
The mods should combine both the "I tried and returned the htc one" threads into one, and then close it down. ;)

Or we should stop responding altogether to these sorts of senseless threads that offer little to know valuable or helpful information. Just a suggestion.

Kariya
Apr 20, 2013, 09:11 AM
The mods should combine both the "I tried and returned the htc one" threads into one, and then close it down. ;)

Or we should stop responding altogether to these sorts of senseless threads that offer little to know valuable or helpful information. Just a suggestion.

Says the one who is almost guaranteed to follow suit soon enough. You've been complaining about the One since its announcement and every little thing you learn about it you nitpick. Despite not even owning the device yet. At least these folks bought and owned the phone briefly.

I can't wait till you write up reasons why you'll be returning the One and getting a GS4. Followed by you getting the GS4 and then writing about why its not the perfect phone either. Rinse repeat cycle.

At least you're consistent with one thing; crapping on every phone you lay your eyes/hands on. So there's that...

adder7712
Apr 20, 2013, 10:42 AM
Why are these even mentioned here? imessage and facetime are IOS ONLY apps. They are not available on any other platform but IOS. They should have been key decision points in you staying with the iphone, not reasons for returning the HTC.

You obviously knew they were IOS only and yet you went with the HTC and then cite them as reasons to ditch the HTC.

However, there are alternatives.

WhatsApp is the best iMessage equivalent on Android but there are other similar services like LINE, WeChat etc.

macalec
Apr 20, 2013, 10:51 AM
However, there are alternatives.

WhatsApp is the best iMessage equivalent on Android but there are other similar services like LINE, WeChat etc.

I agree with you, the whatsapp is most defiantly the way to go on android. Most folks who own an android have the app, and it is compatible with most platforms.

MacRumorUser
Apr 20, 2013, 10:51 AM
^ its trying to convince other folks in your address book to install whatsapp and set up an account that's the tricky part though.

onthecouchagain
Apr 20, 2013, 10:53 AM
^ its trying to convince other folks in your address book to install whatsapp and set up an account that's the tricky part though.

The folks I recommend whatsapp to are always glad they install it.

I really hope they figure out their pricing policy with Android users though. I think it's kind of unfair Android users have to pay each year while iOS users only have to pay once. Weird split.

Kashsystems
Apr 20, 2013, 11:46 AM

I really hope they figure out their pricing policy with Android users though. I think it's kind of unfair Android users have to pay each year while iOS users only have to pay once. Weird split.

Jan Koum, WhatsAppís CEO, says that the company is planning this year to shift its iOS app to one where new users would pay annually to keep using, taking it away from a one-off download fee.

I think he has to grandfather original purchasers.

adder7712
Apr 20, 2013, 12:41 PM

They have revised the iOS pricing scheme so that's now an annual fee.

rmhop81
Apr 20, 2013, 08:17 PM
If you've actually read any of the reviews, you'd understand that the power button was strategically placed at the top of the phone due to it also containing an IR Blaster inside. Is it really that big of a deal that it's on the top left instead of the bottom? Honestly to me, it's not that big of a deal.

I don't care what the reviews say. You can't turn it on one handed. That is ridiculous. I could care less about one handed operation, except to turn the phone on. That's a must!

Fernandez21
Apr 20, 2013, 09:02 PM
I don't care what the reviews say. You can't turn it on one handed. That is ridiculous. I could care less about one handed operation, except to turn the phone on. That's a must!

I have no problem turning it on one handed. Have you tried using your index finger?

falconeight
Apr 20, 2013, 09:47 PM
You went longer than I did. I played with a display model and it felt good but it reminded me of white wall tires and the OS is all over the place. It's android under sense which is under blink feed.

Southernboyj
Apr 20, 2013, 11:05 PM
Enjoy the restrictions of iOS.

MacRumorUser
Apr 21, 2013, 02:50 AM
I have no problem turning it on one handed. Have you tried using your index finger?

Same, No trouble here with the power button and turning it on one handed. I don't have the biggest hands either.

HTC one and my iPhone 5

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=407849&d=1366028798http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=407851&d=1366029003

thunng8
Apr 21, 2013, 07:40 AM
They have revised the iOS pricing scheme so that's now an annual fee.

They have not revised it yet. The change might come sometime this year according to their CEO. The annual fee is only applicable to new customers once the change takes place.

torana355
Apr 21, 2013, 08:03 AM
Damb i laugh at people that can't figure out how to use an android phone, one of my mates is the biggest technology noob on the planet and he was able to move from an iP4s to a S3 without a hitch and keeps telling me how easy it is to do things compared to his old iphone. Its obvious you either never really had a HTC One or you were not really interested in giving it a fair chance.

onthecouchagain
Apr 21, 2013, 09:07 AM
Damb i laugh at people that can't figure out how to use an android phone, one of my mates is the biggest technology noob on the planet and he was able to move from an iP4s to a S3 without a hitch and keeps telling me how easy it is to do things compared to his old iphone. Its obvious you either never really had a HTC One or you were not really interested in giving it a fair chance.

I agree. iOS is so simple that it's actually harder to use. Things take more steps.

Having said that Sense does do a feel things weird. For example you can't drag and drop to change icons from the dock. You have to go through menus to change that. That's just puzzling and more iOS like than android.

runlsd
Apr 21, 2013, 09:20 AM
I lost my Optimus G recently before HTC One came out. Decided to try something different and got an iPhone 5. Although I've had an iPod Touch for a couple of years, I never had an iPhone.

After using the iPhone 5 for a week, I exchanged it for a HTC One on its launch day. There are things that I took for granted on the Android OS, things that became so simple and expected, that iOS wouldn't do.. iOS by comparison felt dated.

To be honest, I don't like HTC's Sense interface very much. Can't turn off Blinkfeed, can't add toggles in the notification drawer, powersaver mode always stays in notification drawer, column/row # isn't adjustable.. etc. But I've had an Android phone for long enough that I know how to work around most of these "issues." Currently running ADWLauncher EX and it's the best phone I've used.

At the end of the day, different strokes for different folks. But Android can be an extensive platform for a first time user. I would suggest spending more than a day on your next Android phone, if that happens.

Kashsystems
Apr 21, 2013, 09:22 AM
Same, No trouble here with the power button and turning it on one handed. I don't have the biggest hands either.

HTC one and my iPhone 5

Image (http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=407849&d=1366028798)Image (http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=407851&d=1366029003)

Did you cut and clean your nails for that picture? ;)

MacRumorUser
Apr 21, 2013, 09:53 AM
Did you cut and clean your nails for that picture? ;)

Nah, I just bite them lol :D

chagla
Apr 21, 2013, 09:55 AM

login to your gmail via web on a computer.
goto gmail settings > accounts.

you can then specify your non-gmail accounts and import the stuffs. it's a neat feature to manage multiple NON-GOOGLE email account from Gmail.

erio8
Apr 21, 2013, 01:13 PM

HTC one and my iPhone 5

Image (http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=407849&d=1366028798)Image (http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=407851&d=1366029003)

Turning it on obviously isn't the issue. It's waking it up. It's the fact that the power button fuctions like the home button on the iphone. Not the same as reaching over and hitting the home button with one finger to wake up the phone. I do it all the time when my iphone is sitting next to me. You don't have to pick up the phone and reach on top of the phone. Even when holding the phone it's still easier to just press the home button with your thumb which is what I use for most quick selections....much more natural position in line with your natural grip. This is certainly only one of many reasons why I returned the phone. This thread also does a pretty good job of explaining why I didn't like the phone: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1573057

----------

No it just wasn't the phone for me...period. I felt it was inferior for practical reasons. Keeping the phone longer would not have solved the problems I encountered or make me like the phone more. When I get a new phone I want to feel like it's an upgrade and not a downgrade. I didn't need any more time to figure that out. I'm faily tech savy. This thread might help: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1573057

rockitdog
Apr 21, 2013, 02:07 PM
Gonna go out on a limb and say the OP will have (tried) another Android by the end of the summer.... Once you get a taste of the possibilities you can't shake it even if it was for a couple hours.

erio8
Apr 21, 2013, 02:46 PM
Gonna go out on a limb and say the OP will have (tried) another Android by the end of the summer.... Once you get a taste of the possibilities you can't shake it even if it was for a couple hours.

Not going to happen... I don't need a phone with a lot of "possibilities" that serve no true purpose. I just need it to work right for my purposes.

joshwithachance
Apr 21, 2013, 02:58 PM
I was getting cold feet the first 24 hours, but a day or 2 isn't enough time to truly make a decision. In that time all you know is that the experience is unfamiliar to you, which is an uncomfortable feeling, and would lead one to return the device. I'm on day 3 now and have gotten used to Android and Sense 5, which I personally find to be the best Android skin. I will still recommend the iPhone 5 to certain people, but the HTC One is CLASS, and in a league of it's own.

Cod3rror
Apr 21, 2013, 04:14 PM
I made a short summery below of erio's post, for anyone interested.

IT WAS NOT THE IPHONE!

swoosh0217
Apr 21, 2013, 04:39 PM
I'm with T-Mobile and waiting for it to come out this Wednesday. I went to The AT&T store yesterday and checked out the HTC One. My first impression is amazing. The screen just reminds me of my iPhone 5 but allot bigger. The look and feel is as good if not better than my iPhone 5.

I am definitely picking one up this Wednesday!

erio8
Apr 21, 2013, 04:59 PM
I'm with T-Mobile and waiting for it to come out this Wednesday. I went to The AT&T store yesterday and checked out the HTC One. My first impression is amazing. The screen just reminds me of my iPhone 5 but allot bigger. The look and feel is as good if not better than my iPhone 5.

I am definitely picking one up this Wednesday!

Looks can be deceiving. I think it's worth giving a try. I thought the same thing until I actually starting using the phone for it's basic purposes. It's fun to play with, but it's the complete package of the iphone that made me go back. Adding better hardware with a fancy aluminum body simply isn't enough.

Iphone screens are large enough for a phone. If you don't have another device like a laptop or tablet, I can see wanting a larger screeen. Otherwise, it actually makes the phone larger and more awkward. I hope apple doesn't try to compete by increasing the screen size too much on the next iphone. That would be a mistake in my opinion.

roxxette
Apr 21, 2013, 05:12 PM
Nah, I just bite them lol :D

I wish my nails look that good when i bite them :(

----------

Looks can be deceiving. I think it's worth giving a try. I thought the same thing until I actually starting using the phone for it's basic purposes. It's fun to play with, but it's the complete package of the iphone that made me go back. Adding better hardware with a fancy aluminum body simply isn't enough.

Iphone screens are large enough for a phone. If you don't have another device like a laptop or tablet, I can see wanting a larger screeen. Otherwise, it actually makes the phone larger and more awkward. I hope apple doesn't try to compete by increasing the screen size too much on the next iphone. That would be a mistake in my opinion.

Get a grip mate ! Atleast use "imo" :rolleyes: iphone screen are large enough for a phone ? In YOUR opinion, for a lot of people its too damm small :)

Awkward ? I find the iphone 5 extremely awkward being so thin and the fact that its so damm light and feels so fragile.

What is this complete package you speak ? My iphone and ipads all came in a box with a cable and a charger nothing else same with other phones, did you expect to have the same grid of icons and same settings layout ?

:rolleyes: :o

swoosh0217
Apr 21, 2013, 05:18 PM
I used to have an android phone before going back to iPhone 5 so I know quite well how Android software work. Most of the issues you mentioned OP can be address if u just spend a little bit more time with the phone and do some googling for help.

The one thing I will miss are jailbreak tweaks but who says im giving up my iphone 5. I will have the best of both worlds come Wednesday.

erio8
Apr 21, 2013, 05:31 PM
I wish my nails look that good when i bite them :(

----------

Get a grip mate ! Atleast use "imo" :rolleyes: iphone screen are large enough for a phone ? In YOUR opinion, for a lot of people its too damm small :)

Awkward ? I find the iphone 5 extremely awkward being so thin and the fact that its so damm light and feels so fragile.

What is this complete package you speak ? My iphone and ipads all came in a box with a cable and a charger nothing else same with other phones, did you expect to have the same grid of icons and same settings layout ?

:rolleyes: :o

Of course it's my opinion. If you read my post I actually did say "in my opinion." HTC One feels quite light as well and definitely fragile. It might have an aluminum body, but it doesn't feel quite as well made...in my opinion ;)

Complete package meaning hardware and software. See my original post and this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1573057

Dmunjal
Apr 21, 2013, 05:45 PM

Of course. But I find the Exchange client on the iPhone extremely limiting, too. There's an app called Touchdown that is as feature rich as Outlook itself.

Every default app is not going to be everything to everybody. I like the fact that I have choices on Android.

torana355
Apr 21, 2013, 05:47 PM
No it just wasn't the for me phone...period. I felt it was inferior for practical reasons. Keeping the phone longer would not have solved the problems I encountered or make me like the phone more. When I get a new phone I want to feel like it's an upgrade and not a downgrade. I didn't need any more time to figure that out. I'm faily tech savy. This thread might help: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1573057

Almost all the issues in your OP can EASILY be fixed if you actually bothered to give the phone a proper chance. Anyway use whatever phone you like im just pointing out that iPhone users don't always give Android a fair chance. My Nexus 4 is doing all the stuff in your OP and it does it better then an iOS ever could. ;)

roxxette
Apr 21, 2013, 05:51 PM
Of course it's my opinion. If you read my post I actually did say "in my opinion." HTC one feels quite light as well and definitely fragile. It might have an aluminum body, but it doesn't feel quite as well made...in my opinion ;)

Complete package meaning hardware and software. See my original post and this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1573057

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/22/8uqabava.jpg

Krimsonmyst
Apr 21, 2013, 08:06 PM
Let's cut through all the crap and get down to the real issue here.

OP wanted to try something different, but wasn't happy if the new and 'different' handset didn't run exactly like an iPhone.

He didn't want to put an ounce of effort into learning a new OS, so he ditched the One and said it was a disappointing experience, while praising his new iPhone 5.

erio8
Apr 21, 2013, 08:12 PM

OP wanted to try something different, but wasn't happy if the new and 'different' handset didn't run exactly like an iPhone.

He didn't want to put an ounce of effort into learning a new OS, so he ditched the One and said it was a disappointing experience, while praising his new iPhone 5.

It didn't need to run exactly like the iphone. I just wanted it to be nearly as user friendly. It was too much of a compromise. Please read my posts and you wil see it had nothing to do with "learning a new OS." I just disliked the OS. That's the real issue. :rolleyes: I have an iphone 4 by the way.

Dmunjal
Apr 21, 2013, 08:15 PM
I didn't it to run exactly like the iphone. I just wanted it to be as user friendly. That's the real issue. :rolleyes: I have an iphone 4 by the way.

The point he's making is that every one of your issues could have been easily resolved with a little effort. Effort you weren't willing to make. So don't get upset if people point that out.

Kariya
Apr 21, 2013, 08:19 PM
The thing is, some people are reluctant to change and adapt.

The fact that he went out a bought the One nullifies this argument he was very much open to change.

Faulty logic. He wanted a viable alternative to the iPhone not an exact replica. Hence why he bought a phone from a completely different platform in the first place.

The point he's making is that every one of your issues could have been easily resolved with a little effort. Effort you weren't willing to make. So don't get upset if people point that out.

Herein lies the issue with Android for some folks. Effort to bring it up to usable par. Out of the box experience can be significantly lacking unlike iOS (or other platforms). For some its an opportunity to customize/tailor...for others it's just a headache.

erio8
Apr 21, 2013, 08:28 PM

Not upset. Just trying to explain why I don't like the phone and android users seem to be taking it personal. Enough of this spending more time/effort business. That is not the solution. Not everyone has to like the android phone.

Please explain how the issues I was having could be resolved:

How can you fix the native email app to search email servers?

How can you fix the location of the home button?

How can you set up the email so the text and images fit perfectly on the screen every time?

Please don't tell me to use gmail which I don't like or to download some obscure app.

How can you make the OS work smoother and less finicky?

How can you get HTC to provide good customer support?

Not to mention not facetime and imessage. Yes I know they are native to apple, but they were just one more reason to go back to the iphone.

How can you sync emails and contacts over that don't sync like they are supposed to?

bidwalj
Apr 21, 2013, 08:29 PM

Maybe the OP didn't want to make the effort, felt it wasn't worth the hassle. It's the OP's decision, nothing wrong with that. Personally, I get what the OP is saying as I felt that way too. Maybe you can customize android and have it work better than iOS but I didn't really feel like investing that kind of time.

And those that keep saying its simple, easy to use out of the box lol it's not the case for everything. I hated how there wasn't a single control for volume and sounds. You can mute the sound but some apps still had sounds and keyboard clicks.

Dmunjal
Apr 21, 2013, 08:31 PM
Herein lies the issue with Android for some folks. Effort to bring it up to usable par. Out of the box experience can be significantly lacking unlike iOS (or other platforms) does.

I completely agree. But it's not 2007 anymore either. Smartphone users are more savvy then before. They are asking for more capabilities than Apple is offering today. If iOS 7 gets all these new whiz bang features, it will not be as user friendly either.

erio8
Apr 21, 2013, 08:35 PM
I completely agree. But it's not 2007 anymore either. Smartphone users are more savvy then before. They are asking for more capabilities than Apple is offering today. If iOS 7 gets all these new whiz bang features, it will not be as user friendly either.

I think they will be able to maintain it's user friendly interface while adding more capabilities. After all, that's what apple is all about.

johnjefferson
Apr 21, 2013, 08:57 PM
Please don't tell me to use gmail which I don't like or to download some obscure app.

When you want to do something on your iPhone it cant do natively or something you would like it to do better, something simple like, oh I dunno, zoom while recording a video or download a new ringtone, dont you download an app? :rolleyes:

torana355
Apr 21, 2013, 08:58 PM
Not upset. Just trying to explain why I don't like the phone and android users seem to be taking it personal. Enough of this spending more time/effort business. That is not the solution. Not everyone has to like the android phone.

Please explain how the issues I was having could be resolved:

How can you fix the native email app to search email servers?

How can you fix the location of the home button?

How can you set up the email so the text and images fit perfectly on the screen every time?

How can you make the OS work smoother and less finicky?

How can you get HTC to provide good customer support?

Not to mention not facetime and imessage. Yes I know they are native to apple, but they were just one more reason to go back to the iphone.

How can you sync emails and contacts over that don't sync like they are supposed to?

Some of those issues require downloading better apps, im not sure why you would want to use the standard apps when there are much better ones available. If you want to get an android phone and have it work perfectly out of the box you should just stick with iOS, android requires a little bit of effort but the rewards are are great, if you can be bothered. I use Maildroid pro, Whatsapp, Gtalk and sweeptowake to solve many of your issues.

erio8
Apr 21, 2013, 09:17 PM
When you want to do something on your iPhone it cant do natively or something you would like it to do better, something simple like, oh I dunno, zoom while recording a video or download a new ringtone, dont you download an app? :rolleyes:

Those types of features are not that important to me. Yes I do download apps, but they are not necessary for basic features of the phone to work well. 95% of what I do consists of phone, email, text message, internet, and occasionally pics/video. Apple seems to integrate all those features very well and I have not seen any third party apps that work as well as they do.

Fernandez21
Apr 21, 2013, 09:36 PM
Some of those issues require downloading better apps, im not sure why you would want to use the standard apps when there are much better ones available. If you want to get an android phone and have it work perfectly out of the box you should just stick with iOS, android requires a little bit of effort but the rewards are are great, if you can be bothered. I use Maildroid pro, Whatsapp, Gtalk and sweeptowake to solve many of your issues.

Thanks for maildroid, I just downloaded the free version and so far it seems great. I will give it a week or two, but if it works as good as it looks I will get the pro version, though $18 is a little steep.

torana355
Apr 21, 2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks for maildroid, I just downloaded the free version and so far it seems great. I will give it a week or two, but if it works as good as it looks I will get the pro version, though $18 is a little steep.

Kaiten Mail is another very solid email client.

snowcrash
Apr 21, 2013, 10:03 PM
I don't think people (or Fandroids lol) really care you weren't happy with the One, but I tend to agree 24 hours isn't really enough time jumping from one to the other and getting a good feel of what it can/can't do. I remember the initial launch of the iPhone and I was coming from Blackberry, various Windows phones and other smartphones out there and I initially HATED the iPhone. Wanted to chuck it after 24 hours. But I did give it just till the end of the 30 days then went back to my rock solid BB. It wasn't until a few updates that I went back to the iPhone and even then I wanted to toss it. Once I got use to everything it was great. Not to mention the updates were always solid and added more and more features I was looking for. I got no dog in this fight (had just about every smartphone pre-iPhone and since have had every iPhone since), but I think if anyone is thinking of jumping ship (from apple to android or from android to apple or whatever) I would say give it a little time then 24 hours, I don't think you can really get a good feel out of the box for any system Apple or not. Of course I will get a good feel for a 5S out of the box since I have had iPhones for years but that doesn't mean that everyone coming to an iPhone for the first time will not have some apprehension and buyers remorse when it doesn't function the same way their previous smart phone works. I have known some people coming from some really crappy smartphone not like the iPhone at first and texting me like crazy how confused they are and how to do things but after a few days or week they love it.

Anyway, long story short, you weren't happy and only you know what you are looking for and you think 24 hours was plenty of time for you to make that call. You pulled the trigger stronger then I did. I'm still debating even ordering the HTC One (though the more I read and see about it the more I REALLY want one)

johnjefferson
Apr 21, 2013, 10:13 PM
Those types of features are not that important to me. Yes I do download apps, but they are not necessary for basic features of the phone to work well. 95% of what I do consists of phone, email, text message, internet, and occasionally pics/video. Apple seems to integrate all those features very well and I have not seen any third party apps that work as well as they do.

Ok, then why did you feel the need to switch to Android? Must be something lacking on the iPhone. Some things like being able to swap keyboards, messaging apps, pop in an SD card with music and movies etc...may not be important to you but are to others. Depends on your needs in a phone.

mjpearce023
Apr 21, 2013, 10:24 PM
Turning it on obviously isn't the issue. It's waking it up. It's the fact that the power button fuctions like the home button on the iphone. Not the same as reaching over and hitting the home button with one finger to wake up the phone. I do it all the time when my iphone is sitting next to me. You don't have to pick up the phone and reach on top of the phone. Even when holding the phone it's still easier to just press the home button with your thumb which is what I use for most quick selections....much more natural position in line with your natural grip. This is certainly only one of many reasons why I returned the phone. This thread also does a pretty good job of explaining why I didn't like the phone: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1573057

----------

No it just wasn't the phone for me...period. I felt it was inferior for practical reasons. Keeping the phone longer would not have solved the problems I encountered or make me like the phone more. When I get a new phone I want to feel like it's an upgrade and not a downgrade. I didn't need any more time to figure that out. I'm faily tech savy. This thread might help: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1573057

i cant believe you're getting jumped for having a different opinion. I agree about the home button issue as I used the one x for about 3 weeks and still didn't get used to it. I see why people like the One but I wasn't all that impressed. The camera was not that great and my iphone 5 took better pictures inside AT&T than the one. Also the default browser was no faster than the 5 and pages had to reload everytime I hit the back button. I'm not sure what the best browser on android is but hopefully there is something better than the stock browser. I'm gong to wait and try out the s4. It has a home button and I think it would be an easier transition coming from the iPhone.

fredaroony
Apr 22, 2013, 02:52 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Dontazemebro
Apr 22, 2013, 05:48 AM
Threads like this really make me chuckle. The fact that that the op is convinced that his dated iphone 4 is a better option than the One is hilarious in itself.

I still have my 4 and my rundown inspire 4G could run circles around that laggy piece of crap.

fredaroony
Apr 22, 2013, 05:55 AM
Threads like this really make me chuckle. The fact that that the op is convinced that his dated iphone 4 is a better option than the One is hilarious in itself.

I still have my 4 and my rundown inspire 4G could run circles around that laggy piece of crap.

It's become clearer that this is only a troll thread.

mattopotamus
Apr 22, 2013, 06:09 AM
I only read your initial post, but from your complaints it seems like you did not spend enough time with the phone.

Doc750
Apr 22, 2013, 06:37 AM
I stopped reading after "returned within 24 hours" ... Obviously this is a apple fanboy post. The phone was probably his dad's phone and by returned he meant gave it back him in the morning and went back to his hand me down iPhone.

fr33 loader
Apr 22, 2013, 06:38 AM
I remembered my first MacBook a week after Apple switched to Intel Processors. Coming from Windows for years, I was ready to return it on my first 24 hours of OSX Tiger use. It takes some time to learn some new stuff. Heck, I couldn't even find the uninstall button and I thought it was so unintuitive. After a few weeks, I came to find out that its faster for me to just drag a program to trash to uninstall it as opposed to using an uninstaller program. I just have to relearn a habit.

About iOS to Android, yes it'll take more than 24 hours to get comfortable with it and definitely more than 5 minutes playing with it in Bestbuy to make any reasonable judgement about it. In my opinion...

sk1wbw
Apr 22, 2013, 06:53 AM

I know it's unfathomable that people might not actually like Android?

mattopotamus
Apr 22, 2013, 07:20 AM

C'mon, the OP clearly could have solved all of his issues very easily if he truly wanted to give it a chance. If you spend less than 24 hours with a phone, you probably are just not comfortable with it. Having owned every generation iphone, I know for a fact after 24 hours I would go back to it. At the very least, he should have spent a week with it and then made his decision.

cynics
Apr 22, 2013, 07:46 AM
I don't think there is a problem with preferring iOS even on an old iPhone 4 compared to a new Android phone.

However I think there are two considerations.

One is time. It took me well over a month to appreciate iOS. I don't see how anyone can truly give something like an entire OS a real chance in 24 hours or less.

Two and this is more important and everyone does this. Trying to operate a new OS using the previous OS as a reference. I've been borrowing my buddies old plastic MacBook and coming from windows it was obnoxious. You really need to step back and approach it as if you never touched a computer before. It's like when you are learning a second language. You will be converting the second language to your native language instead of just knowing. When using a different OS people are trying to convert it to what they already know.

I started in Android and came to iOS. At first it was terribly limited. I was able to find loop holes for basic task like emailing PDF files (still can't attach more then one). Regardless the more I used it the more I appreciated it. But if you would have given me less then two weeks I would have sent it back because I wouldn't have had enough time and I would have been trying to use it like an OS I was comfortable with.

erio8
Apr 22, 2013, 08:40 AM
Ok, then why did you feel the need to switch to Android? Must be something lacking on the iPhone. Some things like being able to swap keyboards, messaging apps, pop in an SD card with music and movies etc...may not be important to you but are to others. Depends on your needs in a phone.

I just wanted a change and was eligible for an upgrade. I tried a different phone. It just didn't meet my needs like the iphone. If it would have, I certainly would have kept the phone.

----------

I stopped reading after "returned within 24 hours" ... Obviously this is a apple fanboy post. The phone was probably his dad's phone and by returned he meant gave it back him in the morning and went back to his hand me down iPhone.

My dad...haha. I don't think so. I'm probably a lot older than you think. If I was such an apple fanboy I wouldn't have pre-ordered the HTC One. No hand me down either. In fact, I would be willing to pay even more than what I paid ($300) if there was a phone out their that I felt was significantly better than an iphone. After trying the phone, I do appreciate apple more than I did before.

----------

Exactly.

rockitdog
Apr 22, 2013, 09:52 AM
I just wanted a change and was eligible for an upgrade. I tried a different phone. It just didn't meet my needs like the iphone. If it would have, I certainly would have kept the phone.

So when you first got your iphone, it met every need of yours right out of the box? You didn't have to download any apps or make any adjustments to the settings? Man, that is AMAZING! I don't think I've ever had a phone that met every need right away.

erio8
Apr 22, 2013, 09:58 AM
So when you first got your iphone, it met every need of yours right out of the box? You didn't have to download any apps or make any adjustments to the settings? Man, that is AMAZING! I don't think I've ever had a phone that met every need right away.

Actually no I didn't need to download any third party apps. I'm sure I made some adjustments in the settings, but the phone met all my needs right out of the box... Of course I do have some apps on the phone that I use occasionally, but they are not tied in with the basic functions of the phone.

mattopotamus
Apr 22, 2013, 10:28 AM

Actually no I didn't need to download any third party apps. I'm sure I made some adjustments in the settings, but the phone met all my needs right out of the box... Of course I do have some apps on the phone that I use occasionally, but they are not tied in with the basic functions of the phone.

That actually makes sense depending on what phone/carrier you are on. For example, visual voicemail works right out of the box on an iphone. For the nexus, I had to set up google voice. That is easy for me but may be a pain for others. I can totally see how someone who does not use a lot of apps would prefer and iphone. Also, I had to set up the APN settings. Obviously this is nexus specific, but still could steer many people away.

jrswizzle
Apr 22, 2013, 10:52 AM
That actually makes sense depending on what phone/carrier you are on. For example, visual voicemail works right out of the box on an iphone. For the nexus, I had to set up google voice. That is easy for me but may be a pain for others. I can totally see how someone who does not use a lot of apps would prefer and iphone. Also, I had to set up the APN settings. Obviously this is nexus specific, but still could steer many people away.

How did you set up visual voicemail through google voice to work with your existing phone number? Does it route through Google Voice? Sorry for asking noobish questions....

johnjefferson
Apr 22, 2013, 10:53 AM

I see. Well, you said in your initial post you didn't want to use Gmail. You probably should have avoided a phone running a GOOGLE operating system heavily tied to GMAIL then haha

kiltedthrower
Apr 22, 2013, 11:04 AM
I don't have a One but in my stock email set up as exchange, I have all my emails synced, not just 30 days

skinnylegs
Apr 22, 2013, 11:32 AM
I have read through quite a few of these posts. Interesting thread. Can't get enough of this ongoing iOS vs. Android OS debate. LOL

I was surprised to see little mention of BlinkFeed as this is obviously the HTC One's killer app. Sure; the phone has a nice build and great hardware but BlinkFeed is what sets it apart from every other phone out there. I have spent quite a bit of time fooling around with this phone at the AT&T Store and I am duly impressed with BlinkFeed. IMO, HTC has put an incredible amount of thought into the Sense UI and this is nowhere more evident than BlinkFeed. I will go so far as to say that BlinkFeed is the type of innovation I would expect to see from *Apple*; not HTC.

I do understand the OP's disappointment with Android OS after having used iOS for many years. It's funny. IMO Apple has nailed the core apps and people are looking for more peripheral features. On the other hand, Android OS has a plethora of supporting features but the core apps could use some more fit-and-finish. I will give you a perfect example. Visual Voicemail. I know. I know. There are 3rd party apps that can handle this but IMO every single high-end Android phone should have VV out-of-the-box. Users shouldn't have to google "which visual voicemail app is best" to add a basic function of a core app. I would also argue that Gmail can appear kinda clunky if you're used to Apple Mail. 'Nuff said. I don't want to digress.

Now on to my main point.....

For a guy like me that has tried numerous Android devices and a Lumia 920 yet has returned to the iPhone every single time, if you want to woo me away from my iPhone you better bring something pretty compelling to the table. You better bring something more than the stock Android OS because I can *guarantee* you that widgets and Łber customization are not enough to compel the average iPhone user to switch to Android OS.

Enter BlinkFeed.....

It's funny how smartphones have evolved to the point where, for many people like myself, the *phone* is one of the least used features. Go figure. Most of the time I'm on my *phone*, I'm perusing news and/or social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. This is where BlinkFeed makes huge strides. All of the stuff I use most is there front and center. No more double-taping the home button and switching between Facebook, Twitter, USA Today, Engadget and the other multitude of sites I hit on a regular basis. BlinkFeed has my back. It's all in one nice, tidy and graphically rich space. Brilliant!

Since my post has had a bit of an Apple fanbois slant, allow me to speak on one thing that *really* bugs me about iOS. Probably my single biggest gripe. Cutting to the chase, the lack of a hierarchical file system for apps is IMO embarrassing. On my iphone, I have a handful of apps that I use on a daily basis and about three dozen or so that I use on occasion. When you download an app on the iPhone an icon for said app populates to one of your screens and there is *no* way around this. So, my phone is littered with 40 or so icons. Lame. Very lame. Yes I understand how to create folders but really? Would it be so difficult to have a single icon that when tapped displays all apps in alphabetical order *and* the ability to decide which icons I want on my display? Rant over.

To bring my post to conclusion, I am buying an HTC One on Friday. I may come back to my iPhone but I may not. I'll let you know after a couple of weeks. If I do return to the walled garden, it will no doubt be to suckle at the breast of the Apple ecosystem I am so invested in. :)

mattopotamus
Apr 22, 2013, 11:59 AM
How did you set up visual voicemail through google voice to work with your existing phone number? Does it route through Google Voice? Sorry for asking noobish questions....

I just downloaded the google voice app and followed the instructions (it has you log into gmail on the computer to complete the steps). It uses my current phone number and I set the voicemail up through google voice (it has a different voicemail number). The best part is that it integrates into your normal call log, so messages can be played and deleted from the stock app. If you ever stop using it, make sure to disable google voice, and change your voicemail number back to your normal phone number. For example, say my phone number is 770-xxx-xxxx my voicemail number is usually that same number. Google voice just gives you a different voicemail number and you record your gretting through google voice. The reason you want to make sure you disable it if you stop using it is because your calls will be forwarded to the google voice number still.

You keep the same number and it just changes the voicemail number you log into. It is free and does not change anything with your carrier. Just imagine the iphone type voicemail but on your nexus :)

tbayrgs
Apr 22, 2013, 12:04 PM
You keep the same number and it just changes the voicemail number you log into. It is free and does not change anything with your carrier. Just imagine the iphone type voicemail but on your nexus :)

And with transcriptions of the messages delivered to you, if you so choose. TBH though, in my experience the accuracy of the transcriptions leaves something to be desired.

mattopotamus
Apr 22, 2013, 12:21 PM
And with transcriptions of the messages delivered to you, if you so choose. TBH though, in my experience the accuracy of the transcriptions leaves something to be desired.

I just left that option off. The only thing I have noticed is the volume is lower on the voicemails than the rest of the phones volume. It is the best visual voicemail aside from the iphones IMO.

jamojamo
Apr 22, 2013, 12:34 PM

Agreed, but I have had some funny mistaken transcriptions.... :)

jrswizzle
Apr 22, 2013, 12:38 PM
I just downloaded the google voice app and followed the instructions (it has you log into gmail on the computer to complete the steps). It uses my current phone number and I set the voicemail up through google voice (it has a different voicemail number). The best part is that it integrates into your normal call log, so messages can be played and deleted from the stock app. If you ever stop using it, make sure to disable google voice, and change your voicemail number back to your normal phone number. For example, say my phone number is 770-xxx-xxxx my voicemail number is usually that same number. Google voice just gives you a different voicemail number and you record your gretting through google voice. The reason you want to make sure you disable it if you stop using it is because your calls will be forwarded to the google voice number still.

Huh - sweet. I've never gotten into the whole Google voice thing, though its been recommended by my fandroid brother-in-law :p

I'll check it out, thanks!

CD3660
Apr 22, 2013, 12:47 PM
I just downloaded the google voice app and followed the instructions...

Only available in the U.S. at the moment unfortunately.

Dmunjal
Apr 22, 2013, 12:50 PM
Huh - sweet. I've never gotten into the whole Google voice thing, though its been recommended by my fandroid brother-in-law :p

I'll check it out, thanks!

Also, if you're on AT&T, try AT&T Messages which integrates visual voicemail, SMS, transcription, and call logging into one app. It also has a PC and Tablet interface so you can text from your PC, too.

rockitdog
Apr 22, 2013, 12:53 PM
I have read through quite a few of these posts. Interesting thread. Can't get enough of this ongoing iOS vs. Android OS debate. LOL

I was surprised to see little mention of BlinkFeed as this is obviously the HTC One's killer app. Sure; the phone has a nice build and great hardware but BlinkFeed is what sets it apart from every other phone out there. I have spent quite a bit of time fooling around with this phone at the AT&T Store and I am duly impressed with BlinkFeed. IMO, HTC has put an incredible amount of thought into the Sense UI and this is nowhere more evident than BlinkFeed. I will go so far as to say that BlinkFeed is the type of innovation I would expect to see from *Apple*; not HTC.

I do understand the OP's disappointment with Android OS after having used iOS for many years. It's funny. IMO Apple has nailed the core apps and people are looking for more peripheral features. On the other hand, Android OS has a plethora of supporting features but the core apps could use some more fit-and-finish. I will give you a perfect example. Visual Voicemail. I know. I know. There are 3rd party apps that can handle this but IMO every single high-end Android phone should have VV out-of-the-box. Users shouldn't have to google "which visual voicemail app is best" to add a basic function of a core app. I would also argue that Gmail can appear kinda clunky if you're used to Apple Mail. 'Nuff said. I don't want to digress.

Now on to my main point.....

For a guy like me that has tried numerous Android devices and a Lumia 920 yet has returned to the iPhone every single time, if you want to woo me away from my iPhone you better bring something pretty compelling to the table. You better bring something more than the stock Android OS because I can *guarantee* you that widgets and über customization are not enough to compel the average iPhone user to switch to Android OS.

Enter BlinkFeed.....

It's funny how smartphones have evolved to the point where, for many people like myself, the *phone* is one of the least used features. Go figure. Most of the time I'm on my *phone*, I'm perusing news and/or social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. This is where BlinkFeed makes huge strides. All of the stuff I use most is there front and center. No more double-taping the home button and switching between Facebook, Twitter, USA Today, Engadget and the other multitude of sites I hit on a regular basis. BlinkFeed has my back. It's all in one nice, tidy and graphically rich space. Brilliant!

Since my post has had a bit of an Apple fanbois slant, allow me to speak on one thing that *really* bugs me about iOS. Probably my single biggest gripe. Cutting to the chase, the lack of a hierarchical file system for apps is IMO embarrassing. On my iphone, I have a handful of apps that I use on a daily basis and about three dozen or so that I use on occasion. When you download an app on the iPhone an icon for said app populates to one of your screens and there is *no* way around this. So, my phone is littered with 40 or so icons. Lame. Very lame. Yes I understand how to create folders but really? Would it be so difficult to have a single icon that when tapped displays all apps in alphabetical order *and* the ability to decide which icons I want on my display? Rant over.

To bring my post to conclusion, I am buying an HTC One on Friday. I may come back to my iPhone but I may not. I'll let you know after a couple of weeks. If I do return to the walled garden, it will no doubt be to suckle at the breast of the Apple ecosystem I am so invested in. :)

Blinkfeed actually impresses me the least with the One because its basically Flipboard which I've had for years on the iPhone/ iPad. It's the exact same thing! Nothing new here!

jamojamo
Apr 22, 2013, 01:05 PM
Blinkfeed actually impresses me the least with the One because its basically Flipboard which I've had for years on the iPhone/ iPad. It's the exact same thing! Nothing new here!

Doesn't Blinkfeed push to the main home screen, in fact, isn't it the main home screen assuming you use it? Like Facebook Home pushes all the FBcrapola?
I also think Blinkfeed contains emails, calendar, etc.

Seems like the delivery mechanism is new even if the content it delivers isn't necessarily new.

While I haven't used Blinkfeed, I have used Flipboard on my Nexus and iPad and haven't had it push to desktop like Blinkfeed does. Is it capable of that?

jrswizzle
Apr 22, 2013, 01:20 PM
Also, if you're on AT&T, try AT&T Messages which integrates visual voicemail, SMS, transcription, and call logging into one app. It also has a PC and Tablet interface so you can text from your PC, too.

Into a seperate ATT app or into the existing stock apps?

I'd prefer to use the stock apps if I can help it.

----------

Doesn't Blinkfeed push to the main home screen, in fact, isn't it the main home screen assuming you use it? Like Facebook Home pushes all the FBcrapola?
I also think Blinkfeed contains emails, calendar, etc.

Seems like the delivery mechanism is new even if the content it delivers isn't necessarily new.

While I haven't used Blinkfeed, I have used Flipboard on my Nexus and iPad and haven't had it push to desktop like Blinkfeed does. Is it capable of that?

I don't think it pushes automatically - and you don't have to set it as your main home page. Personally, I don't use all the space on my Nexus 4 screens anyways. Think of it like a home page dedicated to your flipboard widget.

Personally, in my limited time with it, I think it looks cool and would probably use it a lot.

mattopotamus
Apr 22, 2013, 01:31 PM

I don't think the att messages works on nexus devices since they are not a carrier (well not an att phone) phone. I know I tried it a few months ago, and it was not an option to download on the nexus 4.

skinnylegs
Apr 22, 2013, 06:01 PM
Blinkfeed actually impresses me the least with the One because its basically Flipboard which I've had for years on the iPhone/ iPad. It's the exact same thing! Nothing new here!Actually, BlinkFeed is different than FlipBoard. BlinkFeed allows you to add your calendar, email and I'm pretty sure text messaging. Huge difference. Also, BlinkFeed is a home screen. Once again, big difference.

Dontazemebro
Apr 22, 2013, 06:14 PM
BlinkFeed is just an improved version of HTC's friend stream, nothing really innovating there IMO

Tinmania
Apr 22, 2013, 07:03 PM
Into a seperate ATT app or into the existing stock apps?

I'd prefer to use the stock apps if I can help it.
I don't see how anything could go into the stock phone app, like VVM does on the iPhone. Therefore, visual voicemail in the AT&T Messages app goes into that same app.

However, I don't believe the app will work with the Nexus 4 anyway. It didn't work when I had my Nexus 4. It wouldn't even let me install. Back in November it let me install it but it would never open. Then, around the beginning of december, it was no longer showing as compatible with the N4 in the play store.

Works OK on my Note 2 though.

Michael

unlinked
Apr 22, 2013, 07:35 PM
Not to mention not facetime and imessage.

You should really stop saying that. It is impossible to take anything you take seriously when you do.

----------

I don't see how anything could go into the stock phone app, like VVM does on the iPhone. Therefore, visual voicemail in the AT&T Messages app goes into that same app.

Android has an API (ICS+) for integrating voicemail into the stock phone app. Obviously your network or whoever does your voicemail has to integrate but it isn't really that difficult.

Tinmania
Apr 22, 2013, 07:57 PM
Android has an API (ICS+) for integrating voicemail into the stock phone app. Obviously your network or whoever does your voicemail has to integrate but it isn't really that difficult.
Interesting. Wonder if I can install the stock Android phone app on my Note 2 (well I would imagine I could).

While the AT&T Messages app works "OK," it could definitely be better. Plus it is not just voicemail--it's SMS and call log too. Kind of redundant for that stuff.

Might be time to turn VM over to GV.

Michael

Kashsystems
Apr 22, 2013, 09:00 PM

Omg thank you, this would make getting an Android phone much easier for me.

Vegastouch
Apr 22, 2013, 09:08 PM
I just returned my by 64gb HTC One today. This is the first phone I have ever returned. I received it yesterday and spent over 24 hours setting it up and playing with all the features. I know many might say I should have given it more time. However, I don't think any more time would have made a difference. Now I’m back to my iphone 4. I’ve had an iphone since they first came out, but wanted to try something different. I had never really spent much time on an android phone. I read all the rave reviews and was really hyped up about the phone. I really wanted to like this phone. It’s an amazing phone with good build quality, but I wouldn’t say it’s as good as an iphone. The parts are high quality but I don't think it's built as well as the iphone. It certainly has more options and is more customizable. If I were a software engineer I might consider getting this phone. It was just too finicky for me…much less user friendly. There were several things that turned me off. Many of them related to email which is something I used a lot. These certainly might not be important for everyone:

-Power button functions as home button on top of the phone. They should have put a home button on the front like the iphone. It's so much easier to access.

-Poor customer support. Called in and the guy calling had no clue how to help me. Worse than Apple. He was feeding me total BS and didn’t know much about the phone.

-I used htc sync to transfer my information over to the iPhone, but it didn’t save many important email addresses I use on a daily basis.

-Phone felt like it would easily slip out of my hand.

-No imessage

-No FaceTime

-Voicemail. I tried an app (youmail) that didn't work as well as the iphone voicemail.

These were all the main cons I can think of at this time.

Pros:
-Beautiful large screen
-Customizable
-Fast processor

That says it all right there. Ther is no way you will get used to Android in one day. It isnt the same as the iphone you have used since 2007.

I really dont not care which phone you use but i hate seeing that people used them a day or two and then say it didnt work. There are fixes for all those things you griped about but just you didnt give it any time to figure it out.
These phones OS's arent the same and assuming they would and saying this dont do this or that like iPhone does is foolish.

LOL...OR iPhone users should use their whole trial time on them to get used to them and find out how to use it. Android is user friendly but nobody should have to hold your hand for you to learn how it works.

erio8
Apr 22, 2013, 09:47 PM
That says it all right there. Ther is no way you will get used to Android in one day. It isnt the same as the iphone you have used since 2007.

I really dont not care which phone you use but i hate seeing that people used them a day or two and then say it didnt work. There are fixes for all those things you griped about but just you didnt give it any time to figure it out.
These phones OS's arent the same and assuming they would and saying this dont do this or that like iPhone does is foolish.

LOL...OR iPhone users should use their whole trial time on them to get used to them and find out how to use it. Android is user friendly but nobody should have to hold your hand for you to learn how it works.

Not this insanity again. Please read my posts. I also asked for solutions to the issues I was having with the phone, but did not get any solid answers. I already explained multiple times that it was more than adapting to a new OS. I know it's hard for you android fans to accept. I don't like android, at least not this version...period. Don't take it personally. It's just a phone.

Vegastouch
Apr 22, 2013, 10:01 PM
Not this insanity again. Please read my posts. I also asked for solutions to the issues I was having with the phone, but did not get any solid answers. I already explained multiple times that it was more than adapting to a new OS. I know it's hard for you android fans to accept. I don't like android, at least not this version...period. Don't take it personally. It's just a phone.

I read some but you tried to call the manufacturer. Should of just came here. I always learn more stuff here or XDA than anywhere else but get quicker answers here.
Still, bottom line is you didnt give it any time to know simple stuff like how to get text to fit or how to get pics to show in your emails.
You had 15 days and gave up in one which is fine with me but i just dont know why some people make a switch if they arent going to give it the full trial.

CD3660
Apr 23, 2013, 03:19 AM
This thread is just going around in circles now.

Perhaps it's time to close it?

adder7712
Apr 23, 2013, 04:41 AM
I read some but you tried to call the manufacturer. Should of just came here. I always learn more stuff here or XDA than anywhere else but get quicker answers here.
Still, bottom line is you didnt give it any time to know simple stuff like how to get text to fit or how to get pics to show in your emails.
You had 15 days and gave up in one which is fine with me but i just dont know why some people make a switch if they arent going to give it the full trial.

Actually, I find it odd to call tech support instead of posting on a forum with more knowledgeable people.

sk1wbw
Apr 23, 2013, 04:54 AM
6 pages so far of nothing but criticizing someone over their cell phone.

CD3660
Apr 23, 2013, 05:13 AM
6 pages so far of nothing but criticizing someone over their cell phone.

Exactly! Let's give the OP a break.

erio8
Apr 23, 2013, 05:36 AM
Actually, I find it odd to call tech support instead of posting on a forum with more knowledgeable people.

Pretty odd that their tech support was so terrible and that I have to rely on an internet forum for answers to their products. I'm not on tech forums that much either. Neither are a lot of people. Never had to do that with apple. Then again, I only had to call them a couple times over the years. Their products are more intuitive. Plus, there is always the apple store with the Genius bar.

I also asked for solutions here is one of my posts, but still no good answers.

----------

This thread is just going around in circles now.

Perhaps it's time to close it?

Yes. Lots of criticism for an apple forum. It's good I didn't post this on an android forum :)

maflynn
Apr 23, 2013, 07:08 AM
[MOD NOTE]
I think this thread has reached the end of its usefulness