PDA

View Full Version : Win xp on mac air no hard disc drivers

pilsar1230
Apr 21, 2013, 07:01 AM
HI THIS IS MY FIRST POST so here goes i have a mac air 13 inch 2012 with osx v 10.7.5 and am trying to install legal copy of win xp sp3 using virtual box i converted the image file to ISO and it started to load win xp but stopped saying "setup did not find any hard disc drivers installed on your computer" i have searched and a lot of others are having the same problem but no real fixes? at the end of my tether now spent hours on it, can anyone please help.

iphone46
Apr 21, 2013, 08:21 AM
HI THIS IS MY FIRST POST so here goes i have a mac air 13 inch 2012 with osx v 10.7.5 and am trying to install legal copy of win xp sp3 using virtual box i converted the image file to ISO and it started to load win xp but stopped saying "setup did not find any hard disc drivers installed on your computer" i have searched and a lot of others are having the same problem but no real fixes? at the end of my tether now spent hours on it, can anyone please help.

I've had no issues install XP SP3 on VirtualBox(although half the time it was through MDT). Try this: Go to the device menu and click install VM additions. Then while the Windows XP CD is loading press F6 and see if it finds any HD drivers from the VM Additions. I'll look at my MDT server and see if there might've been any drivers I added as well.