Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saadat

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Hello All,
I messed up my iTunes library, all my music, apps and iTunes U data is intact in the folder, they just dont appear in iTunes. Is there any way by which I can specify the iTunes Media Folder and it adds all data like music, apps and other data. Basically I wanted to preserve play counts. Is there a way out?

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I messed up my iTunes library, all my music, apps and iTunes U data is intact in the folder, they just dont appear in iTunes.
Sounds like you need to restore the iTunes Library file from your backup.

saadat

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
I have no backup of my library files, anyways thanks. I managed it. Used iExplorer to import all data from my iPhone including playcounts. Thats an amazing software. Sorting apps out now, anyways thats not an issue. Cheers!

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I have no backup of my library files,
The iTunes Library file is stored in ~/Music/iTunes, along with your music. If you are backing up your music files, then you're probably backing up the Library file.

Of course, if you're not backing up your files, then you should expect to lose them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.