PDA

View Full Version : required funcationability (Apple software)

big
Dec 15, 2002, 12:48 AM
iPod-
folders for contacts, the current setup is too hard to find anyone
capability to add a song I am listening to, to any playlist
capability to add multiple songs to any single playlist
pictures in contact v-card, not that much more memory when
greyscale is considered
calender should have different icons for different groups, ie...
work=triangle, home=circle, school=square

iCal-
quicker response

iTunes-
auto download album covers & change folder icons automatically

OS 10.2-
modifiable apple menu
folder colors
some icons are not "changable"
more speed for G3's
a second row on my dock if I want one
finally windows network is easy, thanks for that

irmongoose
Dec 15, 2002, 01:25 AM
Modifiable Apple menus (Fruitmenu) and folder colors (Label X) are available from Unsanity (www.unsanity.com)...

But, of course, why should we pay for that kinda stuff, right?

irmongoose

big
Dec 15, 2002, 02:11 AM
yeah, that's why I put (Apple Software).. I'm looking for a few other good ones, then I think we should bombard Apple with these for an update

BenderBot1138
Dec 15, 2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by irmongoose
Modifiable Apple menus (Fruitmenu) and folder colors (Label X) are available from Unsanity (www.unsanity.com)...

But, of course, why should we pay for that kinda stuff, right?

irmongoose

I don't know, I'm a little wary about the Unsanity stuff... can you offer an iron clad review of the companies capabilities and excellence? It's just that their software is pretty hardcore if you look at it... Does the Fruitmenu and folder colors etc add any overhead performance wise, and can I be sure that I'm not altering OS basics in a negative way?

I love to use these programs, but I've read some posts here regarding updating OS issues and various problems. Any insight that will make Unsanity a sane choice?

:cool:

irmongoose
Dec 15, 2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by BenderBot1138

I don't know, I'm a little wary about the Unsanity stuff... can you offer an iron clad review of the companies capabilities and excellence? It's just that their software is pretty hardcore if you look at it... Does the Fruitmenu and folder colors etc add any overhead performance wise, and can I be sure that I'm not altering OS basics in a negative way?

I love to use these programs, but I've read some posts here regarding updating OS issues and various problems. Any insight that will make Unsanity a sane choice?

Hmm.. well, I haven't used any of the above programs, but I do use Xounds, another Unsanity program, and it works perfectly, no problems at all. People did have some issues with APE (Application Enhancer) when it first came out, but Unsanity fixed the problem quite quickly. I've also actually seen Fruitmenu on my friend's machine, and it works fine on his machine.

Their programs don't add stuff to the kernel or anything, so it should be fine. But some do add stuff to the OS, but that's why they have APE. If you have APE, it removes the need to add extra junk to the OS.

Unsanity is a solid, hard-working company (dispite the name :P). I suggest you go for it, and maybe look on the reviews at VersionTracker to get familiar with any problems you might encounter (but which are now highly unlikely)

irmongoose

AmbitiousLemon
Dec 15, 2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by BenderBot1138

i purchased a copy of fruitmenu and tried out xlabels. No problems. I don't even really realize they are there, i just take it for granted that that is how the system is supposed to be. I use APE as well. no problems.

I have issues with unsanity but none of it has to do with the quality of their software. they produce good applications, update often, and never feel 'beta-ish' like most shareware.

i would say that of all the shareware that is available Unsanity is probably one of the most trusted/reliable.