PDA

View Full Version : I don't think Apple intended on issuing a case with the new iPods

john_satc
Oct 26, 2005, 07:01 AM
I just came home and opened up my new iPod! yay! I looked at the bottom of the box which says contents, serial number etc and it says 'Includes iPod, earphones, USB 2.0 cable, and iTunes for Mac and Windows.
I believe, after the fuss with the nanos getting scratched, Apple rushed off some cases for the new iPods - explaining why they are so awful - to protect these, and they were stuffed rather tightly in my case.
Sos if this has already been discussed, just my little word!

Piarco
Oct 26, 2005, 07:15 AM
This is what I thought when I saw the length of the shipping times for the new 5G's. Most of the previous iPod releases were virtually shipping the day of release, but it was different this time - down I think due to the fuss over nano scratching, and Apple was eager to at least attempt to provide some protection for the new iPods......

May be due to another reason, but I think this makes a boatload of sense...

Loge
Oct 26, 2005, 07:59 AM
Looks rather like it. Perhaps instead they could have just thrown in a random colour iPod sock.

Piarco
Oct 26, 2005, 08:25 AM
Looks rather like it. Perhaps instead they could have just thrown in a random colour iPod sock.
Not a bad idea at all! I think I may have preferred that option too...

joshysquashy
Oct 26, 2005, 08:54 AM

they wouldnt do that

1. these are much cheaper to make
2. now people will still buy the socks

xyouxfailmiex
Oct 26, 2005, 09:35 AM
those things are U G L Y