PDA

View Full Version : Nano Armor

kenwoo77
Oct 26, 2005, 09:53 AM
I know there have been many other threads about this, but my hope is to consolidate information about what people have been using to keep their extremely delicate Nano's protected, not argue the existance of the flaw.

I purchased the "crystal shield" from decalgirl.com, and while it works great for the back, it completely hid the beautiful (yet incredibly fragile!) black finish on the front, not to mention making the screen hard to read so I removed it.

I have read users are happy with "The Invisible Shield" and the Martin Field skins, although I am wary of the detailed process installing these skins, and using water to install them.

I would like to keep my Nano in pristine condition while still being able to enjoy the beauty of the product. Is that too much to ask?

lucas
Oct 26, 2005, 10:29 AM
I know there have been many other threads about this, but my hope is to consolidate information about what people have been using to keep their extremely delicate Nano's protected, not argue the existance of the flaw.

I purchased the "crystal shield" from decalgirl.com, and while it works great for the back, it completely hid the beautiful (yet incredibly fragile!) black finish on the front, not to mention making the screen hard to read so I removed it.

I have read users are happy with "The Invisible Shield" and the Martin Field skins, although I am wary of the detailed process installing these skins, and using water to install them.

I would like to keep my Nano in pristine condition while still being able to enjoy the beauty of the product. Is that too much to ask?

I've had an invisible shield on my nano since day 1, was a bit scary to apply (i dont like mixing water with expensive new toys) and it was pretty fidgety to get perfect (i ended up giving up and settled for near perfect).

protection wise, its great. ive been throwing my nano in my pocket with my phone/keys/change and jamming it in the front pocket of my backpack with other assorted loose items and it doesnt have a scratch yet.

only downside as i see it, is since i didnt get it lined up absolutely perfect, pocket lint is accumulating on the minor overhanging parts on some edges. we're talking fractions of a mm, but it does make it easier to spot it has a sheild on

danny_w
Oct 26, 2005, 10:51 AM
I got the EXiM film from eBay (the 3-piece version) and it is working great so far. It was much easier to apply that I expected, and is smooth and crystal clear to boot. I have also ordered both Noreve leather and Agent18 plastic cases; the latter may not fit from what I am hearing.