PDA

View Full Version : It always says "do not disconnect"

minhdinh85
Oct 26, 2005, 10:12 AM
hey guys, im not sure if this is a common problem but when my ipod is connected to my computer it always says do not disconnect. the "enable disk use" is off. from what i know it's suppost to dissconnet ofter it has been updated, but mine does not. i even tried to eject it but it says it says that the ipod is being used by another program and wont let me. I have no other programs open. any help would be great.

erickkoch
Oct 26, 2005, 10:43 AM
Which iPod are you using? I noticed the same thing since I got my Nano, but it never did that on my 1st Gen iPod.

I found that you have to eject the iPod, then it returns to it's normal display while staying connected to your computer so you can charge it. Anybody else notice this?

DaftUnion
Oct 26, 2005, 10:43 AM
Eject it from iTunes, not Windows. If iTunes isn't open, open that first, and the eject it from that program.

minhdinh85
Oct 26, 2005, 11:08 AM
yeah it says the same thing when i try to eject from itunes. it very odd. its' the ipod video.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Oct 26, 2005, 11:46 AM
Sometimes the iPods get a little hiccup after syncing. Forcing a new sync from iTunes or, in some cases, a reset (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705) while it's still connected usually does the trick. :)