Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
So I was surfing the web, and my computer started acting weird, I was clicking on links and stuff on websites, sometimes they weren't working, and sometimes they popped up a little grey box like the one in the screenshot (ignore the Ani Defranco it was for a friend :)). I restarted and couldn't even click my username on the log-in screen to log-in. I figured maybe a key was stuck, I've hit every key on my keyboard and no luck. I tried an external mouse, and keyboard and still nothing. I have got the mouse to work a few times, but I'm not sure how, and it doesn't stay working. Here is the screenshot, any clue what you would have to press to make that pop-up when you click a link, as that might give me a clue?

I shared my screen through my aunts computer and I can control my computer fine through that.

EDIT: I just opened the Laptop back up and it was stuck on a selection box on my desktop, almost like the trackpad button was stuck. That might be the problem. I managed to open system prefs to try to disable the trackpad when I connect the external incase it it interfering, but I cant figure out how to select the option with just my keyboard, and for some reason I can get it to share my screen anymore...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-24 at 4.24.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-24 at 4.24.01 PM.png
    624.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.