PDA

View Full Version : IPhoto Update Issue

Bottomsup
Apr 24, 2013, 10:52 PM
hi

for some reason I started getting an error in the Mac app store app saying there was an iPhoto update but I had to log into another account to DL it. I searched google and found this can be a bug and the easiest way to fix is to delete the app and redownload.

Problem is that now the app store wants to charge me $14.99 and when I bought my mac iPhoto was installed with the OS for free.

I don't want to pay again. ideas? I think i have the original install USB for my MBA somewhere around here but don't want to reinstall the OS.

Thanks

justperry
Apr 24, 2013, 11:02 PM
It depends on if the OS on the USB is the same as the OS on your Mac right now.
You could try the following:

Mount the DMG installer, make sure that invisible files on your Mac are shown, the go to the System Folder on the mounted DMG, there should be a Folder with Packages, if that is the case you should look for the iPhoto Package.
Now, the best way forward is to first use an App called Pacifist to see where files are Installed, if it only Installs iPhoto inside the Applications Folder just go ahead and let Installer do it's job (Open the iPhoto package by double clicking on it), if there are more files installed in other places it is more complicated because you don't know if files are overwritten, most likely the newer files are not overwritten.
You could just install the Application only by using Pacifist in the Application Folder and then update, this should do the trick.