PDA

View Full Version : MBA 2012 512 SSD Disk needs repairing...

tigres
Apr 25, 2013, 08:13 AM
Hi folks,

Quick Q.

I am having disk repair issues with my MBA every 2 months or so. When I repair the disk, all is fine again.

The error is always "Volume bitmap needs minor repair for orphaned blocks"

In anyones opinion, is this a hardware issue, or software?
What would you do for resolution? Please spare me the Reinstall OSX again from scratch- unless it is completely necessary.:(

PBG4 Dude
Apr 25, 2013, 08:56 AM
I'd bring it to Apple. Something's obviously wrong. Let them figure it out. That's their job.

tigres
Apr 25, 2013, 01:32 PM
I'd bring it to Apple. Something's obviously wrong. Let them figure it out. That's their job.

Yep.
3:30 appt today, my third one with this machine.

PBG4 Dude
Apr 25, 2013, 02:28 PM
Yep.

That sucks man. :( Hope they fix you up this time.

stchman
Apr 25, 2013, 02:35 PM
Yep.

So you're on your 3rd SSD or 3rd time having this same problem with the current SSD?

If it is the 3rd time with having this problem, I would tell Apple to just replace the freaking SSD, especially at how much a 512GB SSD is!!!!

tigres
Apr 25, 2013, 04:05 PM
Well I am back from Genius bar.

Another unsuccessful appt. Guy advised me to wipe it, and reinstall the damn OSX.

My other issue is my battery drain overnight which is bringing it to 85-88% the next AM. His solution- turn off my bluetooth for my  keyboard and mouse- WTF?

This Mtn lion software is a PITA, SL ran my older MBA so much smoother with less unplug/install, disconnect blah blah....
Why in the hell do I need to turn bluetooth off for it not to kill my battery? I run it in clamshell mode, External monitor, keyboard and mouse. That's my setup; so now I will not be able to wake via bluetooth when I plug in. And for those wondering, powernap is and has always been disabled as well.

I was not in the mood to argue today, but when I am back from my business trip next week- I am going back to have them square this up, and make my machine work as advertised 30 days of sleep or bust.

BTW- my 3rd trip to the genius bar for the same issue on battery and SSD repair disk issue.

stchman
Apr 25, 2013, 04:38 PM
Well I am back from Genius bar.

Another unsuccessful appt. Guy advised me to wipe it, and reinstall the damn OSX.

My other issue is my battery drain overnight which is bringing it to 85-88% the next AM. His solution- turn off my bluetooth for my  keyboard and mouse- WTF?

This Mtn lion software is a PITA, SL ran my older MBA so much smoother with less unplug/install, disconnect blah blah....
Why in the hell do I need to turn bluetooth off for it not to kill my battery? I run it in clamshell mode, External monitor, keyboard and mouse. That's my setup; so now I will not be able to wake via bluetooth when I plug in. And for those wondering, powernap is and has always been disabled as well.

I was not in the mood to argue today, but when I am back from my business trip next week- I am going back to have them square this up, and make my machine work as advertised 30 days of sleep or bust.

BTW- my 3rd trip to the genius bar for the same issue on battery and SSD repair disk issue.

I would call Apple and tell them to make it right or give you your money back.

I imagine you spent $2K on that MBA with a 512GB SSD, I would expect flawless performance out of a $2K machine.

tigres
Apr 25, 2013, 04:50 PM
I would call Apple and tell them to make it right or give you your money back.

I imagine you spent $2K on that MBA with a 512GB SSD, I would expect flawless performance out of a $2K machine.

2200 or so yes.
Yeah, I'll call Apple, sick of going in hearing, eh it looks ok here.

PBG4 Dude
Apr 26, 2013, 08:16 AM
2200 or so yes.
Yeah, I'll call Apple, sick of going in hearing, eh it looks ok here.

I went through hell with my local Apple store over the bad capacitors in the rev a iMac G5. They tried to tell me I had "bad power" to my house. Called AppleCare and after some discussion, they had a 3rd party contractor come to my house and fix my iMac G5 in front of me.

Sometimes the "geniuses" can be too elitist for their own good.

Kushp14
Apr 29, 2013, 06:50 PM
Call apple customer relations and ask for replacement.