PDA

View Full Version : Getting Mercedes iPod Integration Installed

mkubal
Oct 26, 2005, 01:43 PM
I can't find anyone else's experience with this installation so I figured I'd start my own thread.

I brought my 2005 c230 in at 7:40 AM to have the Mercedes iPod integration kit installed and now I'm a bit worried about it. It's supposed to be a 1-3 hour install, but they just called me wondering if they can keep the car thru tomorrow because they're having problems with the "plug-n-play," whatever that means.

What I'm thinking has actually happened is that I'm one of the first people to get this installed and they don't have a clue in hell what they're doing. This makes me very worried because (a) I don't like being the guinea pig and (b) they have my nano for testing purposes.

This is such a cluster-*******. I have a bad feeling that my Nano is gonna come back scratched to hell. What was I thinking? They should have their own iPod to test it with.

In the event that this doesn't end badly, I will surely take pictures and post them. Should be a nice setup.

pdpfilms
Oct 26, 2005, 02:12 PM
I can't find anyone else's experience with this installation so I figured I'd start my own thread.

I brought my 2005 c230 in at 7:40 AM to have the Mercedes iPod integration kit installed and now I'm a bit worried about it. It's supposed to be a 1-3 hour install, but they just called me wondering if they can keep the car thru tomorrow because they're having problems with the "plug-n-play," whatever that means.

What I'm thinking has actually happened is that I'm one of the first people to get this installed and they don't have a clue in hell what they're doing. This makes me very worried because (a) I don't like being the guinea pig and (b) they have my nano for testing purposes.

This is such a cluster-*******. I have a bad feeling that my Nano is gonna come back scratched to hell. What was I thinking? They should have their own iPod to test it with.

In the event that this doesn't end badly, I will surely take pictures and post them. Should be a nice setup.

I'd be worried too. Give them a call, ask what they've been up to. Also, let them know how worried you are about the nano, not because you think they're irresponsable, but because you know it scratches too easily.