PDA

View Full Version : Front Row + Airport Express + Dock and Remote = Media Center?

dazj
Oct 26, 2005, 03:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone's ever connected an iPod dock to the USB on the Airport Express and successfully synced?
With the Front Row hack out I got to thinking...
If you could connect the new Universal Dock to AE, could it act as a "different room" Apple remote receiver for Front Row?
And if so, would it be possible to use the AV out functions of the Universal Dock to output sound and audio to a television?

Therefore, could you have Front Row appear on your TV, streamed from your mac and controlled via the Apple Remote virtually giving you a media center set up in your front room?

Does this sound feasable, or have I just been up too long?

robbieduncan
Oct 26, 2005, 03:41 PM
At this point in time the dock lets you control any iPod in it via IR and nothing else. Whilst this may change in future you can't use it to control anything else no matter how you connect it up.

DarkNetworks
Oct 26, 2005, 05:40 PM
At this point in time the dock lets you control any iPod in it via IR and nothing else. Whilst this may change in future you can't use it to control anything else no matter how you connect it up.

quick question, will the nano work with the Universal DOck AND the remote?

khisayruou
Oct 26, 2005, 05:59 PM
quick question, will the nano work with the Universal DOck AND the remote?

Yes, according to the apple store, ipod nano will work.

ipacmm
Oct 26, 2005, 06:21 PM
One day I think apple will come out with the Front Row + Airport Express and Mac/iPod media center, but not right now.

robbieduncan
Oct 27, 2005, 01:29 AM
Yes, according to the apple store, ipod nano will work.

But you don't gain any functionality it didn't have to start with like being able to display slideshows on a TV.