PDA

View Full Version : I think I fried my iPod

mikemodena
Oct 26, 2005, 03:42 PM
Ok.. so I was in my car this morning (license 4 weeks from today!!) in my driveway making a home-made ipod dock with some RCA to 1/8" cables and I realized that the batt in my car had died.. I tried to start it a few times while the iPod was plugged into the stereo via the headphone out. It had been working before that.. then a little while later I tried to turn it on and got nothing. When I plug it into the computer the little charge icon doesn't even show up. Did I fry the logic board?

I'm not too worried.. my aunt is gonna buy me a 5G for Christmas. :D

MmmPancakes
Oct 26, 2005, 03:55 PM
Try doing a hard reset by holding down the Select and Menu buttons together for about 5-8 seconds. What happens when you connect it to your computer? If the hard reset doesn't work, and your computer fails to recognize it, you may need to send it in to Apple.

EricBrian
Oct 26, 2005, 04:02 PM
I'm not too worried.. my aunt is gonna buy me a 5G for Christmas. :D

Oh, tell your aunt, I want another one. :)

mikemodena
Oct 26, 2005, 04:14 PM
Try doing a hard reset by holding down the Select and Menu buttons together for about 5-8 seconds. What happens when you connect it to your computer? If the hard reset doesn't work, and your computer fails to recognize it, you may need to send it in to Apple.

Hard reset didn't work, and the computer won't recognize it.

MmmPancakes
Oct 26, 2005, 04:21 PM
Hard reset didn't work, and the computer won't recognize it.

Unless there is now something wrong with the cable, this sounds like a fried device to me. What model iPod and how old is it?

mikemodena
Oct 26, 2005, 06:27 PM
Unless there is now something wrong with the cable, this sounds like a fried device to me. What model iPod and how old is it?

It's a 2nd GEN iPod Mini.. I'm calling Apple right now to see if they will fix it for the 1 year period thing.

MmmPancakes
Oct 26, 2005, 07:01 PM
I hope it works out. Be sure to post your results.