PDA

View Full Version : Login sounds?

Rossatron
Apr 26, 2013, 07:10 AM
hey,
i was wondering if there is anyway to set a login sound. when the computer is turned on, it plays a sound, but when i just wake it up from sleep mode, there is no sound, just the login screen (and when i log in, there is no sound)

Drew017
Apr 26, 2013, 11:07 PM
hey,
i was wondering if there is anyway to set a login sound. when the computer is turned on, it plays a sound, but when i just wake it up from sleep mode, there is no sound, just the login screen (and when i log in, there is no sound)

You can try this (http://macs.about.com/od/tipstricks/qt/Adding-Startup-Sounds-To-Your-Mac.htm) it gives some info on how to do that with Automator.

Rossatron
Apr 27, 2013, 08:33 AM
:\
so nothing in system pref. eh?

AQUADock
Apr 27, 2013, 08:45 AM
:\
so nothing in system pref. eh?

No there isn't, just curious but why would you want a sound?

justperry
Apr 27, 2013, 08:48 AM

Windows habit maybe.:p

benwiggy
Apr 27, 2013, 08:52 AM
when i just wake it up from sleep mode, there is no sound, just the login screen (and when i log in, there is no sound)
Waking from sleep should not display the login window. Perhaps the screen lock password request, but sleep won't log the user out.

You can add .aif sound files to the Login Items panel in System Preferences, but that will only play when the user logs in, not when waking from sleep.

AQUADock
Apr 27, 2013, 08:56 AM
Waking from sleep should not display the login window. Perhaps the screen lock password request, but sleep won't log the user out.

You can add .aif sound files to the Login Items panel in System Preferences, but that will only play when the user logs in, not when waking from sleep.

But wouldn't you have to wait for quicktime or an audio player to startup and play that sound?

Rossatron
Apr 27, 2013, 09:11 AM

no special reason

i did not know that