PDA

View Full Version : Clock on Menubar is offcentre

brendan2452
Apr 26, 2013, 05:11 PM
Hi all, for some reason, I noticed it recently, the clock on my menubar is shifted down and i haven't been able to fix it.

http://i.imgur.com/GB9htVM.png

If I set the menu bar to also show users full names on they are also off centre and I was wondering if anyone had a solution or way to restore the menu bar.

It appears if I create a new user, the problem doesn't exist on the new account, so right now I'm considering creating a new user and copying my Home files across, however, I can't access the folders within my home folders on other accounts so I'm stuck.

Any fix guys?

Thanks so much,
Brendan

maserluv
Apr 27, 2013, 06:58 AM
Hi Brendan,

Off Topic, How do you change the harddisk image? Where did you get/change it from?

Regards Wayne

Hi all, for some reason, I noticed it recently, the clock on my menubar is shifted down and i haven't been able to fix it.

Image (http://i.imgur.com/GB9htVM.png)

If I set the menu bar to also show users full names on they are also off centre and I was wondering if anyone had a solution or way to restore the menu bar.

It appears if I create a new user, the problem doesn't exist on the new account, so right now I'm considering creating a new user and copying my Home files across, however, I can't access the folders within my home folders on other accounts so I'm stuck.

Any fix guys?

Thanks so much,
Brendan

benwiggy
Apr 27, 2013, 07:19 AM
Dear God, no, please don't do this! :eek:
The vast majority of problems in OS X ARE at the user level -- i.e. user preferences, caches, Login Items, etc. It's easy to test this by trying a new account. However, you should NOT "migrate" to the new account. Otherwise, you will migrate accounts every time you get a problem. ("Slash and burn")

What you need to do is test various parts of the user account.
1. Use a utility like Onyx to empty user caches.
2. Try deleting (or just removing) .plist files in <user>/Library/Preferences that might be relevant.
The main one that controls the menulets is com.apple.systemuiserver.plist.
Obviously, removing/deleting this will "reset" all your menulets to default.

3. You seem to have a few other menulets from third-party apps. Try uninstalling those menulets and seeing if that improves things.

Krazy Bill
Apr 27, 2013, 09:21 AM
3. You seem to have a few other menulets from third-party apps. Try uninstalling those menulets and seeing if that improves things.This should be #1 in your list.

No reason to be deleting files/using 3rd party apps until this is done.