PDA

View Full Version : 1327 error invalid s/:

Malus
Oct 26, 2005, 06:04 PM
I'm trying to install itunes for my new ipod nano that my two great sons and wife bought me for my birthday today. I'm running windows 2000. I get the error 1327 error invalid s/: when installing the software. What could be causing this error?

Thank you.

mad jew
Oct 27, 2005, 02:40 AM
Is the nano plugged in? Do you get the same results from the CD installer as the downloaded installer?

This error means the drive is invalid, usually because of an incorrect drive letter but sometimes also because the registry is wrecked (an incorrect value in a data field). In other words, do you think it's an iTunes problem or an iPod one?

Also, have you changed the drive letter of the drive you're trying to install iTunes onto? Are you having the same problem installing other programs? It may be worthwhile trying to install a small app just to check this.

If you have changed a drive letter, change it back.

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
In Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.
In the Computer Management tree, click Disk Management.
Right-click the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, or the drive that contains the operating system, and then click Change Drive Letter and Path.
Click Edit, and change it to the original drive letter. Click OK, and then click Close.

A temporary solution would be to make a new partition on your hard drive and name it the S partition. I can't think why iTunes is asking for an S though.