PDA

View Full Version : Installing W.XP on my iMac G4

garirry
Apr 27, 2013, 09:17 PM
Because my PC died, I decided to go install XP on my iMac G4 using a program called "Q". After it finish copying files, when it goes to the GUI, it stays stuck at 39 minutes remaining right from the beginning. It just stays there. When I took out my XP disc, I found it was really scratched. Could it be stuck because of the disc? And the disc was working fine when I was using it.

chrfr
Apr 27, 2013, 09:23 PM
Could it be stuck because of the disc? And the disc was working fine when I was using it.

It could be the disc, but how long are you waiting? Emulated Windows performance on the G4 iMac is going to be terrible.

ihuman:D
Apr 28, 2013, 05:56 AM
The best Emulator and OS combination to use would be MS' VPC7 and W. 2000.

garirry
Apr 28, 2013, 06:15 AM
It could be the disc, but how long are you waiting? Emulated Windows performance on the G4 iMac is going to be terrible.

Sure more than 39 minutes. I tried cleaning the disc, still stuck. I have two more questions:
1-If I directly make a copy of this disc to another one, will the new one work?
2-If I continue install with another disc, do I have to re-format and re-copy all files or can I just continue with the GUI?

garirry
May 1, 2013, 06:28 PM
Ok, I downloaded another copy of W.XP, I burned it, I reinstalled Windows, AND IT'S STILL STUCK!!! What do I do now?