PDA

View Full Version : Setting a background image on new video ipod

lilrasta
Oct 26, 2005, 08:10 PM
Hi there...

I was wondering if anyone knows how if there are ways to set background images to replace the plainess that is currently there...

THANKS!!! :confused:

Flying Llama
Oct 26, 2005, 08:47 PM
Hi there...

I was wondering if anyone knows how if there are ways to set background images to replace the plainess that is currently there...

THANKS!!! :confused:

What do you mean by background image?

llama :confused:

iHateWindows
Oct 26, 2005, 09:03 PM
What do you mean by background image?

llama :confused:

I think (s)he asked if you could change the backgrounds of the menus.

davidcb13
Oct 26, 2005, 09:04 PM
No you cant change the background of the iPod

Josh396
Oct 26, 2005, 09:04 PM
I think (s)he asked if you could change the backgrounds of the menus.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. I don't think there is a way to do it unless you want to use some other operating system on it.

puckhead193
Oct 26, 2005, 09:12 PM
i know their is away to change i think the apple when u start it up to something else, i wish their was a way to change the background instead of plain white. with the new screen it would look nice IMO

lilrasta
Oct 26, 2005, 10:10 PM
another feature that i'd say is missing..

a background with my handsome picture would be much better than the plain white that i'm stuck with...

what type of ext. sw can be added anyways?

pdpfilms
Oct 26, 2005, 10:30 PM
another feature that i'd say is missing..

a background with my handsome picture would be much better than the plain white that i'm stuck with...

what type of ext. sw can be added anyways?
As far as I can tell, you cannot modify the existing iPod OS without replacing it (i believe the only alternative is Linux for the iPod... which looks pretty cool).

bankshot
Oct 27, 2005, 01:20 AM
You can't change the background itself, but you can change some of the built in icons and text by editing the firmware. I successfully used iPodIcons (http://ipodicons.sourceforge.net/) to change the "do not disconnect" icon of my iPod photo to a picture of my dog's face (then it was stolen, so some bastard is out there enjoying my puppy's cuteness :mad: ). Doesn't look like it's been updated for 5th gen, but who knows, maybe it'll still work? I seem to recall this program was smart enough to work with any iPod firmware at the time. Might be worth checking into.