Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilrasta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Hi there...

I was wondering if anyone knows how if there are ways to set background images to replace the plainess that is currently there...

THANKS!!! :confused:

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
lilrasta said:
Hi there...

I was wondering if anyone knows how if there are ways to set background images to replace the plainess that is currently there...

THANKS!!! :confused:

What do you mean by background image?

llama :confused:

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
iHateWindows said:
I think (s)he asked if you could change the backgrounds of the menus.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. I don't think there is a way to do it unless you want to use some other operating system on it.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i know their is away to change i think the apple when u start it up to something else, i wish their was a way to change the background instead of plain white. with the new screen it would look nice IMO

lilrasta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
another feature that i'd say is missing..

a background with my handsome picture would be much better than the plain white that i'm stuck with...

what type of ext. sw can be added anyways?

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
lilrasta said:
another feature that i'd say is missing..

a background with my handsome picture would be much better than the plain white that i'm stuck with...

what type of ext. sw can be added anyways?
As far as I can tell, you cannot modify the existing iPod OS without replacing it (i believe the only alternative is Linux for the iPod... which looks pretty cool).

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
You can't change the background itself, but you can change some of the built in icons and text by editing the firmware. I successfully used iPodIcons to change the "do not disconnect" icon of my iPod photo to a picture of my dog's face (then it was stolen, so some bastard is out there enjoying my puppy's cuteness :mad: ). Doesn't look like it's been updated for 5th gen, but who knows, maybe it'll still work? I seem to recall this program was smart enough to work with any iPod firmware at the time. Might be worth checking into.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.