Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
I just got my 12" 1.33GHz iBook G4 today- and it is freakin' awesome!!! :)

see related thread- https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=1843903&posted=1#post1843903

The design is incredible, the display is gorgeous, the glowing Apple logo on the back rocks, the keyboard works nice for typing, the 1.33GHz PowerPC G4 processor seems very zippy, its holds a nice long charge, its super-lightweight and ultra-portable, I could go on forever...

In short, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT! :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry, but I just had to share this before I exploded. :)

Anyone even considering purchasing a iBook G4 should just go ahead and order one- they R-O-C-K! :)

Mark me up as a superfan of the new iBooks! :)

jmufellow

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2005
Great! It's a great machine. I just got mine about 3 weeks ago and could not be happier about it. I just love being able to beat it around (within reason) and not have to worry about it dying on me. I just keep it in a little generic zip-up sleeve and put it in my backpack and I'm good to go! Enjoy :)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
DORK!!!

...I'm glad you got your iBook. New mac day is AWESOME!

where are the undressing the iBook pics??? SHARE!

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
katie ta achoo said:
DORK!!!

...I'm glad you got your iBook. New mac day is AWESOME!

where are the undressing the iBook pics??? SHARE!

Sorry, my digital camera is not working currently (time to buy a new one), so I have no pics to upload. *bummer*

And yes, there is nothing quite like new Mac day! :)

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
jmufellow said:
Great! It's a great machine. I just got mine about 3 weeks ago and could not be happier about it. I just love being able to beat it around (within reason) and not have to worry about it dying on me. I just keep it in a little generic zip-up sleeve and put it in my backpack and I'm good to go! Enjoy :)

Glad to hear that you are lovin' your new iBook as well. :)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
dmw007 said:

Enthusiasm like that is definitely infectious. I am very happy for you ... hope to join the club soon.

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Oops, I just noticed that I titled this thread "My 12' iBook G4 just arrived!" instead of "My 12" iBook G4 just arrived!"

So before someone shows me the error of my ways, I bought and received an iBook G4 with a 12 "inch" screen- not a 12 "foot" screen.

***hangs head in humiliation***

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Deepdale said:
Enthusiasm like that is definitely infectious. I am very happy for you ... hope to join the club soon.

Thanks Deepdale! :)

What type of 'Book are you looking for?

Guess that it doesn't matter- they all rock! :D
An iBook G4 comes highly recommended though (depending on your needs of course).

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
Our 14'' iBook just arrived on Monday, our first Mac. The girl and I are madly in love with this computer too. Her only issue is that shortcuts for Excel are not the same and possible not as extensive/intuitive as in Windows. For instance, I think she said Control + I + R is to insert a new row. I know we can program shortcuts but I'm not sure I can do these 3 key ones, like Apple Key + I + R or whatever. Ah well, I'm happy at least. :)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
dmw007 said:
Thanks Deepdale! :)

What type of 'Book are you looking for?

Guess that it doesn't matter- they all rock! :D
An iBook G4 comes highly recommended though (depending on your needs of course).

I like them both very much. My concern with the 12" size was whether my eyes would feel too much strain at my age. Fortunately, that does not seem to be a problem. While at Apple using Safari, I make the minimum font size 14, then enlarge the print size and everything is fine. The 12" and me could be very happy together.

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
Ha, I was about to comment on how insane it would be to have a 12 foot iBook ;)

Glad you got your computer, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

iSaint

macrumors 603
dmw007 said:
Oops, I just noticed that I titled this thread "My 12' iBook G4 just arrived!" instead of "My 12" iBook G4 just arrived!"

So before someone shows me the error of my ways, I bought and received an iBook G4 with a 12 "inch" screen- not a 12 "foot" screen.

***hangs head in humiliation***

Dang! You redeemed yourself! I was logging in to say "A twelve foot screen!? Good grief I'd hate to see the backpack for that puppy" or something equally cheesy.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
dmw007 said:

see related thread- https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=1843903&posted=1#post1843903

The design is incredible, the display is gorgeous, the glowing Apple logo on the back rocks, the keyboard works nice for typing, the 1.33GHz PowerPC G4 processor seems very zippy, its holds a nice long charge, its super-lightweight and ultra-portable, I could go on forever...

Anyone even considering purchasing a iBook G4 should just go ahead and order one- they R-O-C-K! :)

Mark me up as a superfan of the new iBooks! :)

yeah good for u...
i'm happy so far with my iBook but i WANT a Powerbook...the new ones xD

Alasta

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
I got my 12" iBook last weekend, and I'm thrilled with mine. I was agonising over whether I should go with the 12" or the 14" model because cost and portability are important to me, but I wasn't sure whether I could work with a 12" display.

As it turns out, I'm really happy with the 12" and it hasn't taken long for me to get used to the smaller display.

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
I got my 12" iBook a month ago and am still loving it. Still thinking about getting a faster hard drive though.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
iSaint said:
Dang! You redeemed yourself! I was logging in to say "A twelve foot screen!? Good grief I'd hate to see the backpack for that puppy" or something equally cheesy.

Yeah, I was going to say something about his unusual definition of "ultra-portable" :p

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Nermal said:
Yeah, I was going to say something about his unusual definition of "ultra-portable" :p

If he had managed to snare a 12 foot computer, at least he would have received mention in the Guinness Book of Records for the cheapest price ever paid for such an easy on the eyes iBook.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
dmw007 said:
... the display is gorgeous...

You're kidding me, right? The display on my cousin's 12" iBook is complete crap. The viewing angle at full brightness is like... 5 degrees. And it has a dead pixel.

I thought the 12" iBooks were known for having really crappy LCDs.

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
cleanup said:
You're kidding me, right? The display on my cousin's 12" iBook is complete crap. The viewing angle at full brightness is like... 5 degrees. And it has a dead pixel.

I thought the 12" iBooks were known for having really crappy LCDs.
It's actually not bad at all. Obviously you can't compare it to Sony's high-resolution ultrabright notebook displays, but it's very good in normal lighting conditions. The viewing angle is also pretty good, and since the display is small, you don't really need a very wide viewing angle.

And dmw007, congrats! :)

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
SummerBreeze said:
Ha, I was about to comment on how insane it would be to have a 12 foot iBook ;)

Glad you got your computer, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

Needles to say, that I might just need a much larger desk to accommodate such a beast. :)

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
mad jew said:
I got my 12" iBook two years ago and I'm still loving it.

Nice stuff dmw007. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. :)

Working on the pictures, give me a few minutes and I will try to post some.

L

Lau

Ooh, congratulations. Some guy in my college canteen had one and it looked gorgeous. I'm really tempted to sell my 12" 1.33GHz PB and get a 12" 1.33GHz iBook. Even though that makes no sense. Even though there's no reason to. :eek:

They're just so pretty and white. Can't wait for the pics.

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Hmm, my camera does not appear to work with Mac. I connect it to my computer (tried both my Power Mac and iBook) and the screen on the camera changes to "USB Mode", but is not recognized on my Mac.
Any thoughts...

Sorry it looks like no pics guys. I can try later on today, but I have to head to college now (and then work from there). :eek:

L

Lau

dmw007 said:
Hmm, my camera does not appear to work with Mac. I connect it to my computer (tried both my Power Mac and iBook) and the screen on the camera changes to "USB Mode", but is not recognized on my Mac.
Any thoughts...

Has it mounted as a USB drive? If it has, you can go into the folders on it and find the pictures in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.