PDA

View Full Version : New Powerbooks Energy Saver settings

buttercup
Oct 27, 2005, 01:05 AM
I just received my new 15" powerbook and was trying to tweak with the Energy Savings settings when I noticed something odd.

My boyfriends 17" from last February has this "Processor Performance" drop down menu under the options tab and mine does not. I also remember this from my old ibook. His has all the new updates as does mine. So why am I missing this functionality?

Has anyone else noticed this? and does anyone have any idea how to tweak it?

I would also love any suggestions on the best settings for reducing heat and maximizing battery life (other then choosing the better battery life setting of course! ).

thanks!

aristobrat
Oct 27, 2005, 03:00 PM
Don't know exactly if this is what you're looking for, but on my new PB, if you click on the battery icon on the top-right part of the screen, you'll get a pull-down menu that lets you set the PB for optimal battery life, or "normal", or for performance. I'm assuming that these settings will affect the processor, amongst other things. :confused:

Bear
Oct 27, 2005, 03:20 PM
It's automatic on the newest PowerBooks. There have been several other posts in these forums over the past few days about it.