PDA

View Full Version : [iPad Mini] Logitech Ultrathin and input language

pikkpoiss
Apr 29, 2013, 03:22 PM
Hi,

I'm considering buying the Logitech Ultrathin keyboard for my iPad Mini. I'm wondering how is the input of "non-english" letters - like , , , - handled as there don't seem to be keys for these letters. Maybe someone from sweden or norway has an answer.

Cheers

blueroom
Apr 29, 2013, 03:39 PM
I think you simply hold down the base letter and the accents will appear to select onscreen. Much like OSX & iOS.

pikkpoiss
Apr 29, 2013, 03:49 PM
I think you simply hold down the base letter and the accents will appear to select onscreen. Much like OSX & iOS.

Yeah, I thought so myself. Seems less than perfect, I can use all the letters with my current wireless apple keyb.

Still maybe there's someone with first hand experience.

Pressure
Apr 29, 2013, 04:10 PM
If you need those letters, you can easily buy the non-english keyboard, like the Scandinavian version which does have -- :)

pikkpoiss
Apr 29, 2013, 04:24 PM
OK, I just had another look at the keyboard and it does seem to have all the letter keys I need. I thought there were some missing compared to full sized keyboards.

Thanks for the reply.

Cptnodegard
May 1, 2013, 09:08 PM
Logitech are some weirdos when it comes to properly listing their non-English keyboard, operating with English layout images on both Scandinavian websites and the packaging.