Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pikkpoiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
Hi,

I'm considering buying the Logitech Ultrathin keyboard for my iPad Mini. I'm wondering how is the input of "non-english" letters - like ä, õ, ö, ü - handled as there don't seem to be keys for these letters. Maybe someone from sweden or norway has an answer.

Cheers

pikkpoiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
I think you simply hold down the base letter and the accents will appear to select onscreen. Much like OSX & iOS.

Yeah, I thought so myself. Seems less than perfect, I can use all the letters with my current wireless apple keyb.

Still maybe there's someone with first hand experience.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
If you need those letters, you can easily buy the non-english keyboard, like the Scandinavian version which does have æ-ø-å :)

pikkpoiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
OK, I just had another look at the keyboard and it does seem to have all the letter keys I need. I thought there were some missing compared to full sized keyboards.

Thanks for the reply.

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
Logitech are some weirdos when it comes to properly listing their non-English keyboard, operating with English layout images on both Scandinavian websites and the packaging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.