Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilds94

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Hello MacRumors you beautiful source of knowledge for Macs.

I've got another question and i was hoping maybe someone could either provide an answer or point me in the direction of a thread as i'm struggling to word the question on google.

Anyways, what i want too do is; create an ExFat partition on my HDD that both my Windows 7 Bootcamp partition and OSX can read and write to/from. As well as that, i want too run a torrent client and iTunes in both OS's from the same library and download directory. Has anyone done this in the past? I am not having trouble imagining how iTunes would work, but i'd hope to be able to keep and edit playlists and add songs to my library and have it carry over. But the other part of my question is if i could be mid download of a torrent from one OS, reboot into the other and carry on where i left off.

Thanks for any help! I think this would be an awesome feature for many Bootcamping Macs.

Last edited:

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
To resume a torrent you'd have to get the other os's client to recheck the data before resuming, they tend to keep track of what they've downloaded separate from the data so they'd have no idea that more has been downloaded without being told to check.

I've heard that exfat can be a bit more unreliable, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I prefer just using the bootcamp partition and using an ntfs driver on mac os to write to it, I've had good dealing with paragons driver to date, apart from the annoying drm that locks it to one computer only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.