PDA

View Full Version : T-mobile's Wifi Calling with HTC One

Obscurelight
Apr 30, 2013, 03:49 PM
Not sure if anyone knows the answers to my specific question but I plan to get the Dev Version and was wondering if I ran it on T-mobile's network would I be able to use the Wi-Fi Calling feature or will that be only limited to the T-mobile Edition of the HTC One.

Also for people familiar with the feature, I have another question. I plan to use my phone outside of the states for a few months and from what I've gathered it seems that the Wi-Fi calling feature works anywhere in the world and will allow you to make and receive phone calls as if your number is working within the United States. Is that correct? Is there limitations to this feature such as deducting minutes if you are on a plan that isn't unlimited or it is limited to non prepaid lines so that users with the $30 4G data plan cannot use it?

It would be great if I could for example use the HTC One and run it on a $30 Plan to use the Wi-Fi calling feature abroad where I can be easily reached on my US line as I'd be going to multiple places and changing phone numbers every time will cause complications with people needing to reach me.

If I cannot use the Wi-Fi calling feature on a prepaid plan what would be the cheapest monthly plan that T-mobile offers that I can use? The $50 plan seems a bit excessive since I won't be using any data at all.

Thanks