Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeremyboy222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Hello,

I have an Airport Express and a Pioneer Amplifier, but between them, there is a wall and like 10 meter. So, I don't want to break my house off, so is there anyway to connect them so I can stream Airplay to my amplifier (Wireless connection from the Airport Express to the Amplifier?)

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Jérémy

Extra info: I have a Pioneer Amplifier VSX-820

Last edited:

outie2k

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
One solution is to get another Airport Express (#2) that extends your main Airport Express (#1) wirelessly. Then you can place your AE #2 right next to the amp (assuming the wireless signal is good between the 2 AEs, which should be).

Jeremyboy222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
One solution is to get another Airport Express (#2) that extends your main Airport Express (#1) wirelessly. Then you can place your AE #2 right next to the amp (assuming the wireless signal is good between the 2 AEs, which should be).

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion, but isn't there any more inexpensive solution?

Kind Regards,
Jérémy

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
Is the express the only wireless router you have? If not just connect it to your receiver and use it's bridge function to connect to your main router. If not you could get another router. This is a solid choice. If the express is the only piece of hardware you have you are going to have to spend some money, it's just a matter of how much.

If you decide you can go $100 you can get a refurbed 5th gen Airport Extreme, that's the route I went.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.