PDA

View Full Version : should i stick with my macbook air went through a few

verseafterverse
May 1, 2013, 07:22 PM
well i had a macbook pro for a few days and it just lagged horribly the macbook air isnt lagging now but the battery life is terrible 3-3.5 hours im a casual or light gamer honestly all i run is runescape maybe amnesia and possibly possibly cod and league of legends i currently have the lowest air with the 64 gb harddrive should i upgrade to the 13in pro like i had but a better working one or the 13inch one battery life is extremely important to me could the base 13in air handle games fine or should i go back to the pro id rather have the air though as i need it for school and when i took the pro it was alot more noticeable while i didnt even notice the 11.6 air in my backpack is there anything i can do to make the 11.6 airs battery life better as i really do like this laptop alot just not the battery life

Drew017
May 1, 2013, 07:39 PM
It doesn't make sense that the MacBook Pro lagged and the air doesn't. The MacBook pro is more powerful (with better graphics, better processor etc.)

I also have the 11 inch MacBook air, but I get a lot better battery life out of it. Some things that may help with your battery are…

a) Turning keyboard and display brightness down (I keep mine pretty dark). This can add a lot of time.
b) don't run tasks on your MacBook that are CPU heave while on battery for an extended time. Since this uses up a lot of power, it will make your battery not last as long.
c) Turn wifi and bluetooth off to save a bit of power
d) Calibrate your battery (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US)

Also, this may help you

Laptop Battery Guide (http://guides.macrumors.com/Laptop_Battery_Guide)

Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://guides.macrumors.com/Apple_Notebook_Battery_FAQ)

Stetrain
May 1, 2013, 07:42 PM
The 13" Macbook Air does get better battery life than the 11".

There shouldn't be much difference in gaming performance between the two. The 13" Pro won't really be any better for that either, they all use the same Intel HD4000 integrated graphics.

Mrbobb
May 1, 2013, 07:44 PM
Isn't the iPad a better gaming platform? Longer batt life!

verseafterverse
May 1, 2013, 07:45 PM
i had a few problems with the pro and called up apple and they said that i should return it to the store i bought it from (best buy)

Verix
May 2, 2013, 01:35 AM
It doesn't make sense that the MacBook Pro lagged and the air doesn't. The MacBook pro is more powerful (with better graphics, better processor etc.)

Maybe years ago, not today. Processors are both fast, GPU is exactly the same- whereas the MBA has an SSD so with base configurations the MacBook Air will actually be the snappier computer.

I have a Macbook Pro and can't for the life of me see how the thing 'lags' though. Then again it's hard to take someone that doesn't use capital letters or full stops seriously.

TC25
May 2, 2013, 03:26 AM
i had a few problems with the pro and called up apple and they said that i should return it to the store i bought it from (best buy)

While you're at Best Buy, don't forget to pick up some punctuation marks and capital letters.

stchman
May 3, 2013, 02:19 PM
well i had a macbook pro for a few days and it just lagged horribly the macbook air isnt lagging now but the battery life is terrible 3-3.5 hours im a casual or light gamer honestly all i run is runescape maybe amnesia and possibly possibly cod and league of legends i currently have the lowest air with the 64 gb harddrive should i upgrade to the 13in pro like i had but a better working one or the 13inch one battery life is extremely important to me could the base 13in air handle games fine or should i go back to the pro id rather have the air though as i need it for school and when i took the pro it was alot more noticeable while i didnt even notice the 11.6 air in my backpack is there anything i can do to make the 11.6 airs battery life better as i really do like this laptop alot just not the battery life

I almost understood what you were wanting to convey.

While you're at Best Buy, don't forget to pick up some punctuation marks and capital letters.

Agreed, painful to read.