Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmggs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Hi!

I have a iPod Touch 3G. I have made a restore to clean everything but the problem is that that ipod only works with iOS 5 so there is new apps that don't work. Is any way to get the old version of that apps? For example i use the https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/mcin...411263894?mt=8

But the new version don't work on my iPod, how i can get the older one?

This is a planed obsolesce and bad practice of Apple don't have older versions of the apps for older devices. And worse you can not install application that you have bought!

Does any know a workaround?
I don't have a backup of the older apps on iTunes. Because i never thought that Apple is doing this to the consumers...

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Others here will know more, but my guess would be that Jailbreaking ( if it's even possible ) would be your only possible way of achieving this. Apple pull older versions of apps from the store, so you won't find them there.

Someone should chip in with the JB option.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
It is important to maintain BACKUPS of your favorite applications.

In fact, unrelated to iOS, you should be keeping backups of your system, regardless. The iPod touch (third generation) came out in 2009. You never made any backups since then?

Retrieve an old copy of the program from your backup that is compatible with your device. That is the only way Apple allows this to work. It's a terrible policy they have, but you have to deal with it if you wish to continue using Apple products.

If you failed to make a backup, there are two alternatives:
1: buy a newer iOS device.

2: jailbreak your device, install a piracy tool, then install a cracked copy of the app.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.