PDA

View Full Version : Large numbers of people not updating to iOS 7?

gadget123
May 2, 2013, 05:05 AM
I'm considering not updating of all these rumours are true.

Apples core fan base won't like it I reckon Apple are trying to please new customers and Android with these low budget iphone rumours and flat OS.

I can see the profits falling more.

DesertEagle
May 2, 2013, 05:07 AM

Apples core fan base won't like it I reckon Apple are trying to please new customers and Android with these low budget iphone rumours and flat OS.

You kidding? I got eager to upgrade to iOS 7 once I heard about the new features and flat UI.

gadget123
May 2, 2013, 05:08 AM
You kidding? I got eager to upgrade to iOS 7 once I heard about the new features and flat UI.

I'm the opposite. This may be the year I give up on iphone and go elsewhere.

TheRainKing
May 2, 2013, 05:08 AM
I think I'll wait for the preview before I decide whether it's worth boycotting. To be honest, it would have to be REALLY bad for me to not use it.

dhlizard
May 2, 2013, 05:39 AM

Making any kind of decision based on rumors is unwise (not my original word choice :rolleyes:) .

BTW iOS6 was the most quickly adopted firmware version in iOS history.
I expect iOS7 will be the same.

Regardless, already an existing discussion on this here --> http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1576835

SMDBill
May 2, 2013, 05:44 AM
If for no other reason, I'm ready for a refreshed look simply because iOS has appeared visually the same/similar to how it looks now for quite some time. With such limited customization capabilities compared to an android phone, the new look will be a welcome change for me.

sagar4995
May 2, 2013, 05:46 AM
as with what we know of ios7, add to that the lack of a jailbreak, ill hang on to my jb device for now.
for the excitement and initial buzz, ill just update my wife's non-jailbroken 4s :o

DMH3006
May 2, 2013, 06:07 AM
This is ridiculous :p
iOS6 looks like iOS5: OMG Apple better change for iOS7 or i'm leaving for Android.
News come out iOS7 is redesigned:OMG why are Apple screwing with iOS? i'm leaving for Android

roadbloc
May 2, 2013, 06:17 AM

Surely it would be better to wait what iOS 7 is like before jumping ship? All we knows is that the interface is meant to be a little more flat and it is to have less skeuomorphic designs.

Even that could be false. They're only rumours.

Ste Nova
May 2, 2013, 06:20 AM
i'll accept whatever apple offer :apple:

The-Real-Deal82
May 2, 2013, 06:33 AM

Like any person interested in gadgets and innovation, I embrace change in equal measure.

I look forward to seeing the new product as we can't all live in the past forever. ;)

----------

I suggest you do it before iOS 7 is released just in case its actually ok and you decide to stay. Its always best to jump ship whilst in the unknown lol.

watchthisspace
May 2, 2013, 07:11 AM

Yeah rumour's of a cheap/low cost iPhone, to me, gives indication that Apple is feeling the hurt from competition and are now wanting to get a foot hold in the low end of the market, traditionally a place where Apple has no presence. I this this is because Apple want to reinforce to consumers that Apple = premium products.

But as rumours are rumours, nothing is certain Apple announces anything.

DesertEagle
May 2, 2013, 07:25 AM
iOS6 looks like iOS5: OMG Apple better change for iOS7 or i'm leaving for Android.
News come out iOS7 is redesigned:OMG why are Apple screwing with iOS? i'm leaving for Android

The postings are probably written by different people. But even more strange is that the discussion is mainly about the UI, and not the actual functions of iOS. Must be because most of the users are actually satisfied with how it works, as opposed to what I can see with many of the Android users.

DMH3006
May 2, 2013, 07:34 AM
The postings are probably written by different people. But even more strange is that the discussion is mainly about the UI, and not the actual functions of iOS. Must be because most of the users are actually satisfied with how it works, as opposed to what I can see with many of the Android users.

yes but the thing is it seems everytime something about iOS is announced people come and say they wanted the exact opposite of what was announced.

Say what you want but iOS works perfectly for 90/95% of its users so obviously people want a different look more than a change on how it works.

DesertEagle
May 2, 2013, 08:36 AM
Say what you want but iOS works perfectly for 90/95% of its users so obviously people want a different look more than a change on how it works.

Yeah, people are strange. ;)

wsc9005
May 2, 2013, 09:14 AM
I will always upgrade to the newest version :)

CTHarrryH
May 2, 2013, 09:40 AM
unbelievable. We don't know what is has but people are already saying they won't install or will leave Apple because of it.

If it offers 1 feature more than the IOS6 why wouldn't you install - because it doesn't have the 3,000 features you want; because it isn't the most beautiful OS you've ever seen? Maybe you just want to brag to your friends that you left Apple because there are only several great new features but Apple didn't do exactly as you commanded.

What shallow people we have in this world.

Simplicated
May 2, 2013, 09:54 AM
I just love how people make premature decisions before it is even announced. Being flat can mean anything. Why don't you make decisions after you've actually seen what it's like?

Also, Internet forums only represent a small fraction of the entire user base. I'm guessing over 60% of the current iOS 6 users will update their phone when it's out, thanks to OTA updates.

Bluemeanie1976
May 2, 2013, 10:14 AM
Sorry? Can anyone tell me what n earth ios7 looks like? No? Oh well, pointless discussion u til it comes out. How on earth can anyone state whether they will, or won't update without even seeing what it has to offer?

----------

This. Nothing but OS drama queens.

WordMasterRice
May 2, 2013, 10:22 AM

Not for nothing, but where exactly are you going to go? If Apple adopts a flatter design, and you leave are you going to go to Windows Phone, who exclusively use ultra flat design, or android who are going flatter every day?

kmj2318
May 2, 2013, 11:50 AM
I don't see flat UI coming, and I'm very excited about the redesign. I expect it's simply going to lose the gloss, but still have textures, just like we've been seeing with OS X for the past several years. The shiny pill buttons have been replaced with soft gradients.

I think the new Music App in iOS 6 is a good indication of where the design is headed. And I think the icons will start to look more like the new Facebook icon.

Armen
May 2, 2013, 12:05 PM

If you're a core fan than go back to the iPhone 3G and roll your OS back to iOS 1.X

hexonxonx
May 2, 2013, 12:29 PM
If there is finally a way to block calls instead of just sending them to VM, I will upgrade without waiting for a JB.

DMH3006
May 2, 2013, 12:39 PM
If there is finally a way to block calls instead of just sending them to VM, I will upgrade without waiting for a JB.

Theres a decline button,doesn't that do the trick for you?

hexonxonx
May 2, 2013, 12:40 PM
Theres a decline button,doesn't that do the trick for you?

That sends them to VM.

monolithic
May 2, 2013, 12:41 PM
It's hasn't even been released yet!

I don't know what flat UI means, but I don't think anyone can predict people avoiding iOS 7 already.

cmChimera
May 2, 2013, 03:56 PM

Apple is going to lose core customers to Android because those core customers hate Android and when they see that Apple's new UI appeals to Android users, they will switch to Android? My brain hurts.

MattInOz
May 2, 2013, 07:27 PM
Yeah rumour's of a cheap/low cost iPhone, to me, gives indication that Apple is feeling the hurt from competition and are now wanting to get a foot hold in the low end of the market, traditionally a place where Apple has no presence. I this this is because Apple want to reinforce to consumers that Apple = premium products.

Or the rumour was seeded by the competition in hope that the market thinks their the ones winning, and Apple need to react to them. This in the end is the problem and the fun with rumours anyone with enough influence can plant them with any intent.

ScottishCaptain
May 2, 2013, 07:28 PM
If you're leaving because Apple wants to tone down the glitz and increase usability, then you're precisely the reason why the Apple community sucks so much these days. That being said, farewell, hope you enjoy your Android!

-SC

eattherich
May 3, 2013, 04:13 AM
This is a crazy thread. While it seems logical that Apple will eventually freshen up iOS, it's purely speculation at the moment that iOS 7 will indeed have this flat look and feel that everyone is constantly talking about. Regardless, it has nothing to do with Anrdoid and nothing to do with profits. If anything, it should keep people using iPhone as long-term users might be feeling that iOS is getting a little stale and welcome such change. Personally, I'm really looking forward to iOS 7. I'm not getting my hopes up too much but they're not stupid and I'm sure it'll be a step in the right direction, especially with Ive in control now.

JaySoul
May 3, 2013, 05:21 AM
It really depends what iOS 7 comes up with.

If it's a great change all round, I'll probably stick with it.

Otherwise I'll leave and go to Android. In a few months time there will be even better phones to choose from.

mrmarts
May 3, 2013, 05:23 AM
Lmao yeah there is a large number of people not updating to ios7 because IOS7 is not out yet lame topic.

5kylar
May 3, 2013, 05:46 AM
I'll be staying JB on 6.1.3 until iOS 7 gets a stable JB. Or may not update at all. Haven't really decided concretely yet.

MattInOz
May 3, 2013, 06:04 AM
Lmao yeah there is a large number of people not updating to ios7 because IOS7 is not out yet lame topic.

The only people using so far had to be paid by apple to use it.
That's how bad it is ?!?!
;-)

TC25
May 3, 2013, 06:09 AM
...but I don't think anyone can predict people avoiding iOS 7 already.

Sure they can and this thread is proof. Such people have no evidence of this, they simply want to be able to claim they were the first to predict this so they can impress strangers on the Internet to improve their self image.

Arran
May 3, 2013, 06:40 AM
OP, You aren't trying to forestall ('http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/forestall ') the adoption of iOS 7, are you? :D

tann
May 3, 2013, 10:42 AM
I think there will be a higher than usual number of people waiting to hear/see what it actually is like upon release, but I think most (like 99%) people will be eager as hell to upgrade to something that will probably look different and act the same/very similarly to the way it did before leading to Apple being able to state how 100million people upgraded in a day or something!

WordMasterRice
May 3, 2013, 10:45 AM
I think there will be a higher than usual number of people waiting to hear/see what it actually is like upon release, but I think most (like 99%) people will be eager as hell to upgrade to something that will probably look different and act the same/very similarly to the way it did before leading to Apple being able to state how 100million people upgraded in a day or something!

Say what you want but looks do matter. If looks didn't matter everybody would drive around in the cheapest car available, after all the accelerator/brake/steering wheel work the same in all cars...

charlituna
May 3, 2013, 12:11 PM

Core Fan Base? What exactly does that mean? The geeks and freaks that expect tons of bells and whistles and will jailbreak to get them or the vast majority of more common users that only care about usability and stability

The former of course won't update until there's a jailbreak ready so that's no shock. And in general they are never happy with what Apple gives them so that's no shock either.

And these are rumors, not facts. It's a tad laughable to hate on something that isn't real. Wait until you get the real thing and then have at it

PhoneI
May 3, 2013, 05:28 PM
Your boycotting an OS that hasn't been announced yet?

lunaoso
May 5, 2013, 07:58 PM

How can profits fall more if they aren't falling in the first place?

maflynn
May 6, 2013, 05:38 AM
I won't be making any decisions on upgrading or not until I see the OS. I think its foolish to decide now that based on rumors people choose not to upgrade.

I see way too many people clamoring for change, it doesn't make sense that so many people are on the opposite side of the fence.

alexander25
May 6, 2013, 08:59 AM
OP will be the first one to upgrade.

Sital
May 9, 2013, 07:49 AM
Let's face it, most people will upgrade to iOS 7 because iTunes will tell them to. They won't know what has changed in iOS 7 before they hit the update button, and most won't care after they upgrade.

GoCubsGo
May 9, 2013, 07:52 AM
This just in, Analyst gadget123 has reported that a large number of people are not updating to the not-yet-released iOS 7.

Finally, an analyst who knows what he is talking about! Apple is doomed.

MattInOz
May 9, 2013, 06:47 PM
Let's face it, most people will upgrade to iOS 7 because iTunes will tell them to. They won't know what has changed in iOS 7 before they hit the update button, and most won't care after they upgrade.

iTunes...
I'm hoping there will be no need to plug in for this update.

phillytim
May 10, 2013, 09:35 AM
People waste waaaay too much time on hyperbole around here, and this is an exact poster child for it.

Worry about this stuff when Apple releases iOS 7.

We have no idea whatsover what iOS 7 will bring.

Threads like these are sooo worthless and annoying.

jarred125
May 10, 2013, 02:53 PM
As long as they keep the stability, I am fine with it.

I have owned tons of Android handsets, and while I love Android .. it doesn't "just work". I even own a Nexus 4, and have to mess around with things to get the GPS to work properly, etc. So tired of that. I want stability, because I don't want to think more about my phone than what I am going to eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Alx9876
May 10, 2013, 05:32 PM
I am looking forward to iOS7 but it better not look like Windows tiles. I hate that Ui so much.

I want all the new features with the polished icon look. Not Xbox 360 tiles.

blesio
May 10, 2013, 05:45 PM
I will update to iOS 7 the moment first beta comes out for sure :)

Sonnestah
May 10, 2013, 06:03 PM

Thinking like this, you're probably still running windows 95

johnnnw
May 10, 2013, 09:09 PM
These are some mighty assumptions considering we know nothing official

Solomani
May 11, 2013, 10:50 AM
Core Fan Base? What exactly does that mean? The geeks and freaks that expect tons of bells and whistles and will jailbreak to get them or the vast majority of more common users that only care about usability and stability

The former of course won't update until there's a jailbreak ready so that's no shock. And in general they are never happy with what Apple gives them so that's no shock either.

And these are rumors, not facts. It's a tad laughable to hate on something that isn't real. Wait until you get the real thing and then have at it

Watch it there bub. Your post is bordering on logic. That's not allowed here.

OatmealRocks
May 11, 2013, 12:12 PM

Good luck and good bye. I will be glad I won't find any more posts from you. You making a decision based on rumors makes me lol.

TC03
May 11, 2013, 01:11 PM
I've heard people not wanting to upgrade for years now. Still, everyone I know is on iOS 6.

You can't avoid it. Resistance is futile.

Patriks7
May 12, 2013, 01:11 PM
Wait, so people will already not be upgrading to something they officially know nothing about? :confused: Yeah, makes total sense!

blesio
May 12, 2013, 01:39 PM
I'll update once the first beta shows up :)

BvizioN
May 13, 2013, 05:02 AM
I only read the title and it felt like i been traveling to the future few months :)

Not updating to something we know nothing about yet? Wise decision!!

isarat
May 13, 2013, 05:10 AM

I suspect, people are badly waiting for flat UI or not, they want a change but doesn't mean that it should neither like Android nor Windows Phone. Surely there will be some changes in the UI, but don't expect a too flat world from apple because the skeuomorphic design given Apple a taste and culture for all these years. So let's wait for another cultural revamp, not just a flat world.

Rogifan
May 13, 2013, 07:04 AM
I suspect, people are badly waiting for flat UI or not, they want a change but doesn't mean that it should neither like Android nor Windows Phone. Surely there will be some changes in the UI, but don't expect a too flat world from apple because the skeuomorphic design given Apple a taste and culture for all these years. So let's wait for another cultural revamp, not just a flat world.

Steve Jobs is dead and Scott Forstall is no longer with the company. They were the biggest proponents of the current iOS design language. Nothing wrong with Apple moving in to the 21st century with their software design. Remember Steve told Tim Cook not to ask what he would do but to do what he (Tim) thought was right.

applesith
May 13, 2013, 10:36 AM
LOL deciding not to upgrade before it's even announced. Most people will upgrade as they do every year.

stevelam
May 13, 2013, 10:42 AM

Its only been traditional for their computer line, which clearly have been dropping in price over the years now, especially with the macbook air.

same thing with ipods. remember when they were like $500? now theres cheap little nanos.

i'm sure part of the reason is 'feeling the hurt' from cheap competition, but its definitely not outside of apples usual pattern of things.

touchipods
May 13, 2013, 10:46 AM
If iOS 7 changes are like iOS 6 changes: new App Store/iTunes layout, new music layout, removing stock apps- I will be very disappointed.

What iOS needs is not a new UI refresh but basic things that should have been introduced from iOS 1 but still missing.

Rogifan
May 13, 2013, 12:40 PM
If iOS 7 changes are like iOS 6 changes: new App Store/iTunes layout, new music layout, removing stock apps- I will be very disappointed.

What iOS needs is not a new UI refresh but basic things that should have been introduced from iOS 1 but still missing.

iOS 1 when Steve Jobs was still running the show? But I thought everything was Tim Cook and the current managem teams fault...

pod5g
May 16, 2013, 12:27 PM
When iOS 7 is made available to the public, I'll wait before updating, just in case there are some bugs. I might even wait for 7.0.1 if 7 is too bug riddled.

KieranDotW
May 17, 2013, 06:37 AM
The reason why me and everyone else hasn't updated to iOS 7 is because it hasn't been released :rolleyes:

Sonnestah
May 17, 2013, 07:56 AM
The reason why me and everyone else hasn't updated to iOS 7 is because it hasn't been released :rolleyes:

great point you've got there

kmj2318
May 17, 2013, 07:56 AM
I'm definitely not updating to iOS 7! :mad:

At least not until it's released.

adildacoolset
May 17, 2013, 09:13 AM

Then you'll go to an even flatter OS with android or windows phone.

BvizioN
May 19, 2013, 09:16 AM

Yeah, of course not! It has only just been announced....

Like 3 weeks or so in the future ;)

otismotive77
May 21, 2013, 07:06 AM
i like the current look of iOS, i dont want it to have a flat look. i hope iOS7 does not disappoints me.

ppeyton1143
May 21, 2013, 08:17 AM

agreed, really excited by the "new UI in iOS7" rumors, can't wait to upgrade.:D

Eckscaliber
May 21, 2013, 10:16 PM
I highly anticipate the release of iOS 7. I hope the change is extremely dramatic.

tekboi
May 22, 2013, 12:30 AM
Samsung made the bold move and made a Samsung section of apple that literally 3 feet across from Apple's. After playing with the Galaxy S4... Apple is going to have to do something major in order to hold my interest TBH.

I want to see "more social integration" and flat icons...

gadget123
Jun 10, 2013, 05:35 AM
And it begins.

Lowest ever take up of IOS?

Should Ive be sacked?

Hopefully pressure to ditch the flat look of IOS7 will
mean 7.1 brings a similar form factor.

Firen
Jun 10, 2013, 06:23 AM
Same thread every darn update.

1. Wait until they actually present it.
2. If you stay with Apple sooner or later you will use it anyway.
3. If you are switching to Android/Blackberry/WP8 - good for you. But no need to announce it.

Jare
Jun 10, 2013, 09:02 AM

Please do, and take your threads with you to some Android site.

chocolaterabbit
Jun 10, 2013, 09:04 AM
And it begins.

Should Ive be sacked?

Inb4 iOS7 becoming a huge hit and gadget123 eating humble crow pie.

jclardy
Jun 10, 2013, 09:30 AM
What rumors? Really this has been the least rumored iOS revision yet. Last year we knew basically every feature before the event.

All we "know" is that there is an interface redesign by Ive and co.

gadget123
Jun 10, 2013, 01:32 PM
Defo not updating.

Tar Sniffer
Jun 10, 2013, 01:36 PM
Ive better put his name on the apology letter.

Fireblade
Jun 10, 2013, 01:37 PM
LOL, looks like an ebook.

shandyman
Jun 10, 2013, 03:32 PM
Defo not updating.

Bye then :p

anim8or
Jun 10, 2013, 03:34 PM
Don't let the door hit u guys in the ass on the way out... Lol

zioxide
Jun 10, 2013, 04:00 PM
Defo not updating.

Enjoy your outdated software then. :p

The rest of the world will move on and embrace the change.

gadget123
Jun 10, 2013, 04:07 PM
Enjoy your outdated software then. :p

The rest of the world will move on and embrace the change.

Looking at switching to the Xperia Z already. :D

shandyman
Jun 10, 2013, 04:12 PM
Looking at switching to the Xperia Z already. :D

But will you leave here and stop spamming your hate, that's the question.... :p

IsaacM
Jun 10, 2013, 04:13 PM
They only ones who won't update are people that have iPhone 3GS and lower. :apple:

F123D
Jun 10, 2013, 04:14 PM
But will you leave here and stop spamming your hate, that's the question.... :p

Yes, any negativity towards iOS is considered spam and won't be tolerated!!

Otherwise, you'll get comments like bye then or don't let the door...

virginblue4
Jun 10, 2013, 04:14 PM
Well I will definitely be updating! I think it's beautiful!

Nikos
Jun 10, 2013, 04:15 PM
A lot of people said the same thing when iOS 6 came along. I'd bet that most or all of them are using it right now.

MacBookPro13"
Jun 10, 2013, 04:17 PM
And it begins.

Should Ive be sacked?

1. No.

2. Hell no.

3. Please leave

denisvj
Jun 10, 2013, 04:17 PM
Updating asap :)

shandyman
Jun 10, 2013, 04:18 PM
Yes, any negativity towards iOS is considered spam and won't be tolerated!!

Otherwise, you'll get comments like bye then or don't let the door...

If you look at his posts, he made about 3-4 threads about how iOS 7 is the end of apple, etc, some of them got deleted, he was spamming hate. I'm all for constructive criticism, but this poster isn't remotely constructive.

loon3y
Jun 10, 2013, 04:19 PM
to the OP

developer site begs to differ, sir.

.Asa
Jun 10, 2013, 04:38 PM
I have three devices:
one still on iOS 5 (for old time's sake)
one on iOS 6 jailbroken and gonna stay that way
one for installing iOS 7 asap

skippymac
Jun 10, 2013, 04:58 PM
Big changes will always divide opinion, so some people won't upgrade. In my opinion the largest factor by a LONG way in uptake of new software is ease of upgrade. My dad was sat on iOS 4 until a month ago when I upgraded him to 6 (which he loves). Effortless OTA updates are the single best move any software company can make in pushing new software.

Frankied22
Jun 10, 2013, 05:22 PM
I think it looks hideous and I will be using my N4 again.

Holte139
Jun 10, 2013, 05:29 PM
I'll definitely be upgrading! This is the first time I'll actually be looking forward to updating my iPad, iOS 7 looks great IMO. Won't be bothering to upgrade my iPhone 5 though, I'll have the HTC One by the time the new iOS comes out.

gadget123
Jun 10, 2013, 06:08 PM
Big changes will always divide opinion, so some people won't upgrade. In my opinion the largest factor by a LONG way in uptake of new software is ease of upgrade. My dad was sat on iOS 4 until a month ago when I upgraded him to 6 (which he loves). Effortless OTA updates are the single best move any software company can make in pushing new software.

Yes indeed atleast some can see where I'm coming from. I dislike this sort of design in general..the fact Apple are now doing it yes I will refuse this update.

spacehog371
Jun 10, 2013, 06:10 PM
Can anyone running the beta tell me if Apple now gives you unlimited space in Photostream?

The feature they showed off had years of photos stored. I can't see multiple years of photos being kept on the device unless it uses photostream and gives you unlimited space.

Dreamliner330
Jun 10, 2013, 06:13 PM
I think it looks hideous and I will be using my N4 again.
Agreed. Looks like Easter. I was looking for UI improvements, it looks like a skinned Jailbroken iPhone with Jailbroken apps. Yuk.
I'll definitely be upgrading! This is the first time I'll actually be looking forward to updating my iPad, iOS 7 looks great IMO. Won't be bothering to upgrade my iPhone 5 though, I'll have the HTC One by the time the new iOS comes out.
I plan on keeping iOS 6.1.2JB iP5 until a 'Google Edition' ROM is released and the Verizon HTC One is available.

I didn't care either way about iOS 7, but the lack of simultaneous Voice/Data on the iPhone is killing me. Can't wait for the HTC One.

sectime
Jun 10, 2013, 06:22 PM
If you look at his posts, he made about 3-4 threads about how iOS 7 is the end of apple, etc, some of them got deleted, he was spamming hate. I'm all for constructive criticism, but this poster isn't remotely constructive.
Let's see: 600,000,000 IOS devices sold - 1 or even 10,000,000 the horror and severe beating these posters rack onto Apple :D
Trolls got to troll.

Jessica Lares
Jun 10, 2013, 06:46 PM
It's too early to really make a decision. I really don't like the design though. I'm really just ugh about this though, because now I regret going Android after my iPhone 4 broke, and then coming back to this mess. It really makes me want to just get an iPhone 5 NOW just so I can have iOS 6 as a backup since you can save the blobs.

I really wish that this was a nightmare that I can wake up from. :( I mean, change is good, but this is like Windows 7 to Windows 8 in a way, and not like the slow maturing of Mac OS 1 to OS X 10.9. 10.9 looks great, I LOVE the iBooks integration, and Keychain syncing is going to be amazing, and the new Notification Center is just wow.

However, this, this is just... When you're attached to the UI as I was... I feel like I'm starting over again. Everything that a lot of people LOVE about the iOS design was thrown out like yesterday's garbage in just five minutes. I know a lot of people don't like skeuomorphism, but it's in the heart of iPad apps, and then some iPhone apps. I would have rather they do the calendar like the new 10.9 one, than what they have for iOS 7. They could have done some basic icon changes, and still have all the other cool features still too.

I don't want to feel like I'm reading someone's niche Tumblr blog when I'm using my phone. And I feel like it's become that - Some teenage girl's fantasy of how her phone ought to look like. I'm not 16 anymore, if I wanted that look, I'd jailbreak.

gadget123
Jun 10, 2013, 06:48 PM
I really wish that this was a nightmare that I can wake up from. :( I mean, change is good, but this is like Windows 7 to Windows 8 in a way, and not like the slow maturing of Mac OS 1 to OS X 10.9. 10.9 looks great, I LOVE the iBooks integration, and Keychain syncing is going to be amazing, and the new Notification Center is just wow.

Difference is Windows are more likely to say they made a mistake and roll back with Windows 9 the menu bar is coming back already.

Apple are too arrogant and will continue with this crap OS until half the userbase leaves or refuses the update.

dsa1971
Jun 10, 2013, 06:53 PM
Doesn't this discussion happen every time a new iOS comes out and then the overwhelming majority upgrade?

Jessica Lares
Jun 10, 2013, 06:57 PM
Difference is Windows are more likely to say they made a mistake and roll back with Windows 9 the menu bar is coming back already.

Apple are too arrogant and will continue with this crap OS until half the userbase leaves or refuses the update.

Or they'll re-introduce it as a new feature. Yeah. I get it. :rolleyes:

No way in hell I'm going to stick with Android though. I've already suffered enough with not having my iOS apps.

gadget123
Jun 10, 2013, 07:04 PM
Or they'll re-introduce it as a new feature. Yeah. I get it. :rolleyes:

No way in hell I'm going to stick with Android though. I've already suffered enough with not having my iOS apps.

What about Blackberry, Bada OS ect..?

----------

Doesn't this discussion happen every time a new iOS comes out and then the overwhelming majority upgrade?

Not quite sure it will be as smooth this time. IOS 5 > 6 added to what IOS5 built on. It had changes people wanted rather than feared.

Rogifan
Jun 10, 2013, 07:07 PM
Here's an option. If you don't like the new OS don't upgrade. jailbreak or go to another platform. I don't think anyone is forced to use iOS.

Holte139
Jun 10, 2013, 07:09 PM
I plan on keeping iOS 6.1.2JB iP5 until a 'Google Edition' ROM is released and the Verizon HTC One is available.

I didn't care either way about iOS 7, but the lack of simultaneous Voice/Data on the iPhone is killing me. Can't wait for the HTC One.

Is the HTC One not available in the US yet then? I'm from the UK and we've had it since March, I'm going to sell my iPhone as I've had some problems with it and buy the One SIM-free, hopefully later on this week.

I just think iOS needed an overhaul in general, and 7 is already making 6 look quite cluttered with all the unnecessary graphics and extras.

Dreamliner330
Jun 10, 2013, 07:11 PM
Is the HTC One not available in the US yet then? I'm from the UK and we've had it since March, I'm going to sell my iPhone as I've had some problems with it and buy the One SIM-free, hopefully later on this week.

I just think iOS needed an overhaul in general, and 7 is already making 6 look quite cluttered with all the unnecessary graphics and extras.
HTC One is available, but not yet on Verizon.

gadget123
Jun 10, 2013, 07:12 PM
HTC One is available, but not yet on Verizon.

is that the phone with the cool speakers?

mncmoore
Jun 10, 2013, 07:13 PM
Good. That means I can update right away.

Dreamliner330
Jun 10, 2013, 07:13 PM
is that the phone with the cool speakers?
Among other things.

gadget123
Jun 10, 2013, 07:16 PM
Among other things.

I admit before IOS7 was announced there's been a few tempters for me on the market. Most seem to be going for that shiney black thin design.

notrack
Jun 10, 2013, 07:21 PM
Ive better put his name on the apology letter.

LOL I almost fell over... :D

Featurewise it's pretty good, nice balance between features and simplicity. But the design doesn't make me wanting it. Looks cheap and unstructured.

sectime
Jun 10, 2013, 08:32 PM
LOL I almost fell over... :D

Featurewise it's pretty good, nice balance between features and simplicity. But the design doesn't make me wanting it. Looks cheap and unstructured.

What does that even mean??