PDA

View Full Version : my first powermac gone in cyberspace

fyrmedic
Oct 27, 2005, 03:10 PM
I was supposed to take delivery of my new g5 power mac today. but the fed ex site says data only recieved. apple says product shipped. a few phone calls later. there will be a 72 hr check(three days) then If they cannot find out what happend they will re order 3-5 days more. sorry had to vent. I asked apple what would have happened if I had not called. the service rep said the order would have sat in limbo forever.

jadekitty24
Oct 27, 2005, 07:11 PM
Man, you must be disappointed. A few years ago when I ordered my iBook I was practically rabid awaiting its arrival. I was 10 times more irritable than usual. It arrived 2 days later than estimated and I was livid. But the day i got it was...well, have you ever seen a toddler pitching a fit at the checkout counter of a grocery store because mommy wont let him have a candy bar? And she finally caves and the kid is happy (and quiet, blessedly quiet)? Lets say I was the toddler, the fed-ex guy was the mommy, and the iBook was my candy bar.
*and all was right with the world*

fyrmedic
Oct 27, 2005, 08:16 PM
ROFL....They placed a trace on my lost new toy...the fed ex now says "picked up" and will be delivered tomorrow. Of course I will be at work for the next 24hrs...and I will have to explain to my wife what the big box is that got delivered while I was not home:p

macEfan
Oct 27, 2005, 08:19 PM
sigh, i know it sucks to wait for your new mac :)

Makosuke
Oct 28, 2005, 03:21 AM
ROFL....They placed a trace on my lost new toy...the fed ex now says "picked up" and will be delivered tomorrow. Of course I will be at work for the next 24hrs...and I will have to explain to my wife what the big box is that got delivered while I was not home:pSo far as I can figure, Fed Ex's online tracking system is nearly worthless other than to acknowledge that they are aware they're supposed to be shipping something to you.

I've had it show stuff as "data received" days after it should've shipped, things that said "on truck for delivery" when they weren't even in the same county (and didn't arrive until the next day), and the estimated delivery dates are rarely if ever correct. I pretty much don't pay attention to it until several days after it's supposed to have arrived.

That said, ain't it funny how your computer always gets there when you're not? I waited two months for my first-gen G5 tower to ship, and when it finally did I was leaving for a business trip in Alaska. My wife, at least, was well aware that a gigantic box was going to be delivered the day after I left, though she was none too happy about it sitting in the middle of the dinning room until I got back.