PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook Z key has gone weird

applemax
Oct 27, 2005, 03:36 PM
When ever I get my finger above the z key ( about 1/2 cm above it ) it types a z. It's so weird. pls help

iEdd
Oct 27, 2005, 03:42 PM
Do you mean above it? Like in the air?
Or
Further up on the keyboard? Like near the 'a' key?

tekmoe
Oct 27, 2005, 03:43 PM
sounds like a case of telekinesis...

can i buy you? we can become famous and make millions. ;)

Eagon
Oct 27, 2005, 03:48 PM
When ever I get my finger above the z key ( about 1/2 cm above it ) it types a z. It's so weird. pls help

my powerbook 22222 key is the same, only you actually have to touch it, albeit very VERY lightly, stupid hypersensitive keys, anyone know a good way to fix it other than removing the key because i have tried that and wasn't confident.

ITASOR
Oct 27, 2005, 03:51 PM
my powerbook 22222 key is the same, only you actually have to touch it, albeit very VERY lightly, stupid hypersensitive keys, anyone know a good way to fix it other than removing the key because i have tried that and wasn't confident.

If it's under Applecare, apple'll fix it. If not, when you took it off, did you put it on right and clean it and stuff?

Eagon
Oct 27, 2005, 04:32 PM
If it's under Applecare, apple'll fix it. If not, when you took it off, did you put it on right and clean it and stuff?

it is under applecare, i didn't take the key off, i got scared of breaking the mechanism after prizing it up a bit