PDA

View Full Version : How do I

White Rhino
Oct 27, 2005, 03:46 PM
How do I convert acc into mp3 using itunes?

swiftaw
Oct 27, 2005, 04:09 PM
How do I convert acc into mp3 using itunes?

Firstly, In iTunes->Preferences->Advanced->Importing make sure the option of Import Using is set to MP3 Encoder.

Then, in your library, ctrl click on song and select Convert to MP3.

MmmPancakes
Oct 27, 2005, 04:11 PM
Firstly, In iTunes->Preferences->Advanced->Importing make sure the option of Import Using is set to MP3 Encoder.

Interesting, I didn't know one could do that. What are the advantages and disadvantages between the two formats?

swiftaw
Oct 27, 2005, 04:15 PM
Interesting, I didn't know one could do that. What are the advantages and disadvantages between the two formats?

I would say that AAC is better quality for the file size, whereas MP3's are more universally playable.

Nermal
Oct 27, 2005, 04:17 PM
Just a word of warning: Converting from one lossy format to another will reduce audio quality.

swiftaw
Oct 27, 2005, 04:20 PM
Just a word of warning: Converting from one lossy format to another will reduce audio quality.

Yeah, but sometimes it is a necessary evil, like the only way to import a song bought on another online store into itunes.

Buy protected WMA or RA, burn to CD, re-rip to iTunes.

Nermal
Oct 27, 2005, 04:27 PM
Not many people know this, but it's possible to play RealAudio 10 in iTunes. It's AAC inside a RealMedia container, and you can extract the AAC using VLC, then play the AAC in iTunes. I don't know about protected content though.

swiftaw
Oct 27, 2005, 04:31 PM
Not many people know this, but it's possible to play RealAudio 10 in iTunes. It's AAC inside a RealMedia container, and you can extract the AAC using VLC, then play the AAC in iTunes. I don't know about protected content though.

Interesting. I cant imagine that it would work for protected RealAudio.

White Rhino
Oct 27, 2005, 04:50 PM

thanks for your help