PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible... [That iOS 7 will actually be ready for WWDC or shortly after?]

jatindrj
May 3, 2013, 12:16 PM
That iOS 7 will actually be ready for WWDC or shortly after? Would it be possible that they have been working on the new OS these past few months and they decided not to put out betas because they have a completely new design they don't want seen yet? Maybe the new phone as well?

I feel like the workers would have to have some pretty tight lips about this but you never know.

Ultra AleM
May 3, 2013, 12:26 PM
That iOS 7 will actually be ready for WWDC or shortly after? Would it be possible that they have been working on the new OS these past few months and they decided not to put out betas because they have a completely new design they don't want seen yet? Maybe the new phone as well?

I feel like the workers would have to have some pretty tight lips about this but you never know.

Kind of hard. It will be shown in June and shipped in September more likely.

BETAs are necessary for major releases. When you make radical changes you cannot risk to mess up everything on consumer's phones.

charlituna
May 3, 2013, 12:43 PM

of course they've been working on it for months. They don't put out betas until they announce it and as for the last year or two that is at WWDC.

As for the hardware, they shifted to a fall release so there's no reason to assume that the next iphone and the launch of iOS 7 will be any time sooner. Despite what hit whoring websites and their fictitious 'sources' claim

chrf097
May 3, 2013, 03:07 PM

Betas, yes, but a full version, no.

Dwalls90
May 7, 2013, 09:32 AM
Maybe earlier than Sept/Oct?

Only because they pulled engineers away from OS X to work on iOS, so either iOS 7 is a HUGE overhaul that needs more time, or they are trying to get it out for a summer release with the iPhone 5S.

sarcosis
May 7, 2013, 12:03 PM
Betas, yes, but a full version, no.

+1 for that. You defiantly need Betas out to test out bugs. iOS is great at this. They will release a beta, give it to developers to do two things, update their programs so when go time happens, the developers have new apps to showcase the new iPhone and OS to the general public. Second, it helps squash bugs. Squashing bugs is a side effect since Apple is doing that too.

I know that the iOS6 betas will get alot of flack because of no so great maps, but i don't think it's a programming issue, which is what you look for in betas so you can fix bugs, but rather a data issue. I think by that point they were too far committed and need to stick with it. They took the gamble that their data was good enough (hindsight it wasn't) and that the community would be able to add their input (which is still the fastest way to do it).

buddybd
May 7, 2013, 12:53 PM
Preview version should be ready, and the final version by Sept/Oct. Thats the usual way though, they have definitely been working on iOS 7 before Ive took charge, and as long as he only changes graphical changes rather than core functionality changes, I don't see why the same timeline can't be followed.

Rogifan
May 7, 2013, 03:57 PM
Preview version should be ready, and the final version by Sept/Oct. Thats the usual way though, they have definitely been working on iOS 7 before Ive took charge, and as long as he only changes graphical changes rather than core functionality changes, I don't see why the same timeline can't be followed.

Mark Gurman at 9to5Mac says he heard any iOS 7 development done prior to management reorg was scrapped after Forstall was let go. Of course we have no idea if that's true or not, but that's what heard.

jacobss
May 8, 2013, 11:04 AM
I predict the final release at the end of September/start of October.

Menel
May 8, 2013, 11:48 AM
I predict the final release at the end of September/start of October.

I predict when the gen7 iPhone is ready for launch.

SnowLeopard2008
May 8, 2013, 11:57 AM
Judging from past experience, Apple will release a beta at WWDC. I don't remember if they ever released a new major version (1.0, 2.0, etc.) at WWDC. Same goes for new iPhone. Always a demo with the new hardware and software with future launch dates that are specified. I may be wrong since my memory is not perfect.

Top1Dog525
May 8, 2013, 12:17 PM

I think that they will have at least a mockup of iOS ready for the WWDC, that way they can show the looks and some of the key features... but probably not a full working operation system. Like others have posted, I concur with the forecast of it being ready around September. In any case looking forward to seeing what they have done with it :D

moderngamenewb
May 8, 2013, 02:48 PM
I'm thinking iOS 7 will be announced at WWDC, but not released until September/October like some of the previous releases, whereas OSX will probably be announced at WWDC and most likely be released in July

Peace
May 8, 2013, 02:52 PM
I'm thinking iOS 7 will be announced at WWDC, but not released until September/October like some of the previous releases, whereas OSX will probably be announced at WWDC and most likely be released in July

That's not going to happen. Developers need access to betas and GM way before any public release. They need to catch up with all the new API's in order to make their apps ready.

Beta's of IOS 7 and OS 10.9 at WWDC for developers then a public release around September.

Defender2010
May 9, 2013, 03:07 AM
Can't wait to use the beta versions over the summer...

KdParker
May 9, 2013, 01:10 PM

Will not be released until the betas are sent out to devs for testing.

pod5g
May 15, 2013, 11:17 PM

No. For a major release with a (possibly) new UI, betas are a must.

iOSRegister
May 19, 2013, 03:33 PM
Pretty sure we will see the usual pattern - beta 1 released June 10th. Followed by every 2 or so weeks a new beta until around September time when iOS 7 is released to everyone.