PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy with video size.

JesterJJZ
Oct 27, 2005, 06:17 PM
I downloaded one music video just for the hell of it. I won't be getting anymore. I wish they would offer larger sizes for those who don't care about playing them on an iPod. I'm a filmmaker and I just like seeing the work. If the videos they had were at 640x480 than perhep I'd get more in the future. 320x160 is pitiful.

stoid
Oct 27, 2005, 06:23 PM
I agree, I downloaded the Weapon of Choice video, simply because Walken is awesome, but I was very displeased with the video quality.

However, I hear that the TV shows are better quality than the music vids.

solvs
Oct 27, 2005, 06:57 PM
Unhappy with video size.
Sounds like a personal problem. :p Kidding. Yeah, the quality seems okay for the iPod or a small screen, but it doesn't look that great on larger screens. Don't expect HD, think VHS. On EP speed. But that's kinda like 128kbps AACs. They're great for what they're for, and faster to download, but you aren't going to get CD quality. I don't think I'll be buying any anytime soon, but Apple is just dipping their tows in the water, so we just have to wait and see what happens.

What do you expect for $2?

JesterJJZ
Oct 27, 2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah Well I guess I don't buy music from the Music Store for the same reason. There should at least be a 192kbps option. Apple Lossless would be ideal.

BurtonCCC
Oct 28, 2005, 08:34 AM
What do you expect for $2?
Bingo.

Daniel

Ferrence
Oct 28, 2005, 11:01 PM
I agree, I downloaded the Weapon of Choice video, simply because Walken is awesome, but I was very displeased with the video quality.

However, I hear that the TV shows are better quality than the music vids.

I downloaded the "weapon of choice" video as well, and I have to say that the picture is pretty awesome! Pretty surprised at how good it was.

I'm wondering why your video is lagging? Do you have a lot of "album art" loaded into your pod? I've been hearing of lag problems due to that.

OutThere
Oct 28, 2005, 11:16 PM
I downloaded the "weapon of choice" video as well, and I have to say that the picture is pretty awesome! Pretty surprised at how good it was.

I'm wondering why your video is lagging? Do you have a lot of "album art" loaded into your pod? I've been hearing of lag problems due to that.

I think they were referring to playing the video on the computer, as opposed to the iPod.

At this point I don't think you can expect a whole lot of quality on something that is geared towards watching on an iPod screen, and costs $2. :)