Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

epicmar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Northern Florida
Do you think this case is worth $149? I have a Zagg case and the keyboard and protection of the iPad is great, but it ruins the iPad from use as a tablet. The Logitech FabricSkin looks like it might provide the best of both worlds - laptop like functionality when you have to do some real typing (like writing this entry) and tablet like functionality when you want to read a book, news, or do some stylus input. Is it worth $149 - any promo/coupon codes to make the price a little more reasonable?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Go play with a Microsoft Surface's keyboard before you consider it. Fabric is nice because it doesn't leave any marks on your screen, but it's not something I would ever enjoy typing on. It feels too weird.

Lorraine123

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2013
I think it is great to have a real keyboard for iPad mini, since iPad mini is difficult to type words.

epicmar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Northern Florida
I preordered a Logictech fabricskin case/keyboard and it arrived yesterday, 5/14/13.

First impressions: As a case it looks like it will do a good job protecting the iPad. I like the way it sets up for typing. I previously used a Zagg case where the iPad sits in a slot in the keyboard. The fabricskin seems to use a magnet to keep the iPad in place for typing. The fabricskin works better when you are typing on your lap or another surface where the Zagg might slip out of the slot. The Zagg keyboard is seriously better to type on, but I think I will do okay with the fabricskin and be able to touch type fast enough to be productive. The fabricskin seems to be heavier than the Zagg. Probably the biggest reason for switching for me is wanting to be able to also conveniently use the iPad as a tablet without the keyboard in the way - the Logitech Fabricskin case works well in tablet mode.

And yes, the Fabricskin is definitely on the pricey side!

ldenning

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2003
Love Mine So Far

It does add some bulk and weight, definitely. But, the integrated keyboard is really growing on me with a nice touch and decent responsiveness. Love the keyboard automatically turning off when in non-typing position. Magnets hold the iPad in place very strongly when in typing position, and I can use on my lap. Only one typing position and one viewing position, though.

Best Buy has had them in stock for a while in the DC area.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.