PDA

View Full Version : Airport Problem?

elammm
May 4, 2013, 11:39 AM
Airport is connected on my Powerbook G4, and for most of the time the internet works fine, but every now and then it'll remain connected to the router but the browser wont load any websites, but once I disconnect any power and remove the battery, it seems we be fine? Need this problem sorted, running OSX 10.5.8, any ideas?

Zotaccian
May 4, 2013, 02:15 PM
I had similar case with Macbook where it seemed that after some usage (and when temperature had risen) the Airport card stopped to function, signal would go bad slowly and in the end I couldn't go anywhere. In my case putting the machine to sleep, letting it cool and then trying to use did help so I was quite sure it was the Airport and/or its connector which probably had beginnings of a solder fault or something. Try to do the same thing, use the machine and after problems appear, put it to sleep etc.

Also, try another router and browser just to make sure (for browser you could try TenFourFox and Camino).

elammm
May 4, 2013, 05:39 PM
Its only happened twice today, my machine got quite hot but this didn't seem to effect it, it has never happened mid use and cut out either, its only ever happened once I fired the machine up.

Resetting router / troubleshooting safari didn't work, nor did restarting or powering on / off the machine (unless I remove the battery) - like I said so far its happened twice but it was effecting both safari and firefox

Will update ifit happens again but the actual internet connection seems to always stay strong signal, very occasionally the signal dips by a few bars and pages will take abit longer to load, but then it shoots back up and is just as fast, just as with all wifi connections I suppose.

----------

One last thing the router works flawlessly on my PC, other laptop, iPhone, Tablet, my old iBook, Xbox (sometimes haha), Wii and pretty much any wireless internet enabled deivce, so I dont think it will be the router in the case

kalel77
May 5, 2013, 03:37 AM
It's happening sometime to me too,
Usually turning on/off the airport card on my powerbook or my airport extreme solve the problem.
If I'm think about it probably it's happen most of the time when my mac goes to sleep, than when I start to work again I have this issue.
I think it's a airport software problem.
For a long period of time I tried to run a old version of the airport utility and I noticed that the problem was gone, but the apple reminder to update the software was annoying so now when it happen I just turn on/off the airporto extreme or the airport card and everything work after that.
Cheers.

elammm
May 6, 2013, 05:30 AM
problem returned today, Trying to figure out a way around fixing it without having to take out the battery, do you think replacing the airport card will resolve the problem?

skateny
May 6, 2013, 08:32 AM
problem returned today, Trying to figure out a way around fixing it without having to take out the battery, do you think replacing the airport card will resolve the problem?

There are alternatives. You can get a USB WiFi dongle on eBay for around seven bucks. Disable AirPort and use the dongle in its place. If the problem persists, then you'll know AirPort is not the source. You may even find that you get a better signal from the dongle.

SawyerTHEBEST
May 6, 2013, 09:06 AM
Maybe your time is behind ? that gets me daily since my powerbook doesn't have a battery