PDA

View Full Version : MBA slow to wake up

noetic11
May 4, 2013, 08:43 PM
First post guys. I got a new MBA (11" 2012 i5, 8 gb RAM, 256 gb ssd) a couple months ago. I have only a minor problem but I want to know if it is something I should be worried about. Occasionally when I open it up it is slow to wake up. It will sometimes waits ~10 sec before I can enter password. Twice it has froze momentarily and then gone to a error screen saying it must restart.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Mrbobb
May 4, 2013, 09:14 PM
If it did this since day#1, go see Apple.

Otherwise you have done something to the machine, unknowingly, to cause. If it doesn't bother you leave it, but I don't like that re-start msg myself. I would re-load OS from scratch, but that's just me, no rush, whenever you have a day to kill.

Verix
May 5, 2013, 02:10 AM
Twice it has froze momentarily and then gone to a error screen saying it must restart.

This is not good. Sounds like a less-than-perfectly working SSD.

Jason99kr
May 5, 2013, 02:45 AM
Have same issue @ startup, maybe I need to clean up some apps..
connecting to power source would help little bit maybe,

DisplacedMic
May 5, 2013, 09:27 AM
First post guys. I got a new MBA (11" 2012 i5, 8 gb RAM, 256 gb ssd) a couple months ago. I have only a minor problem but I want to know if it is something I should be worried about. Occasionally when I open it up it is slow to wake up. It will sometimes waits ~10 sec before I can enter password. Twice it has froze momentarily and then gone to a error screen saying it must restart.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

i feel its pain, the older i get the harder it is for me to wake up as well.
but as your device is still youthful i would take it in if that's convenient and see what they say.

do you have the same problem from a cold start or just waking up from sleep?

noetic11
May 5, 2013, 12:39 PM
do you have the same problem from a cold start or just waking up from sleep?

It only happens when waking up, cold start is fine. Also forgot to mention that it is slow to shut down some times: ~30 sec.

DisplacedMic
May 5, 2013, 03:41 PM
It only happens when waking up, cold start is fine. Also forgot to mention that it is slow to shut down some times: ~30 sec.

r/w issue with the HD maybe? added anything new recently? tons of stuff running etc?

you could start line-item ruling out culprits and barring a solution there i'd take it to the fruitstand...