Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

warcraftmaster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
here
Just got my iPod 5g (60gb) black. it every thing that i want to be but just plan using it seems slow the menus are really slow to the 3g's, 4g's. is it my iPod or me or does the new iPod have a flaw? it feels like a windows it laggs or jumps

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Mine is exactly the same. Not nearly as smooth and fast as my mini. The 5G takes a second before it changes menus and it's not smooth when it does. I keep thinking it's going to freeze or something.

brogers

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2002
Greensboro, NC
Noticed a little of that on mine. Just got it yesterday and loaded it up today. Not enough to worry about though. 60 gb white. This thing is sweet. Almost too nice to even use.....:D

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
I also noticed a significant degredation in GUI performance... enough to be annoying. Hope this fix works, thanks!

rugonnaeatthat

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I had the previous gen and it was having similar problems... then it died. It was completely replaced and now it is as expected going through the menus. Obviously for battery saving there has to be a delay as the hard-rive spins up etc.. I guess a Nano wouldn't?

Konradx

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Canada
anyone notice that the center click button is harder to press the the old gens? Like you really have to press it deep down to select something? Is it just a flaw in mine or all of them are lame like that now?

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Konradx said:
anyone notice that the center click button is harder to press the the old gens? Like you really have to press it deep down to select something? Is it just a flaw in mine or all of them are lame like that now?

Yeah, I noticed that pretty much all of the buttons are stiffer now, I think it has to do with the slim-ness.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.