Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Charlaux

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
Hi all,
I'll try to explain my problem here,I am trying to buy http://download.cnet.com/The-Sims-2/3000-2095_4-76074.html (and I hope Its safe to buy )

1)I clicked to download hoping that I'll first pay and then download it.However instead It downloaded the file without the payment.

2)Then I opened the file,and the aspyr media just appeared.I passed through Intro-Read Me - License-Destination Select but stuck at Select Item,It says there are no software that could be updated.

Can you please explain how to pay,how to download ?
Thanks a lot :rolleyes:

Charlaux

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
The game is no longer available from Aspyr.

Seems like Origin only sells PC version of the game. You could still try to obtain a physical copy of Sims 2.:)

So is it why the download.cnet doesn't work aswell ? I thought It should since,it is still listed.

Anyway,bought it from Amazon UK with a reasonable price,I hope I can play without CD after I install the game.The prices seems to be ridiculous : ebay 239 $ or something for the MAC version.

Last edited:

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
So is it why the download.cnet doesn't work aswell ? I thought It should since,it is still listed.

It is listed since 2007. I guess cnet got so many files uploaded they simply don't check for their validity.

This is how you make $234 on ebay.:)

Charlaux

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
It is listed since 2007. I guess cnet got so many files uploaded they simply don't check for their validity.

This is how you make $234 on ebay.:)

I don't understand why Origin does not put the MAC version of it,I wonder If its that hard.Amazon price (UK) is about 190 dollar cheaper than the ebay version,and just wondering since you seem to be a Mac player.(correct me If I am wrong) While playing with MBPr after 30 minutes in CIV V fan heats a lot,same at Candy Crush but not at Crusader Kings.Is it normal to experience heat issues like that

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
I don't understand why Origin does not put the MAC version of it,I wonder If its that hard.Amazon price (UK) is about 190 dollar cheaper than the ebay version,and just wondering since you seem to be a Mac player.(correct me If I am wrong) While playing with MBPr after 30 minutes in CIV V fan heats a lot,same at Candy Crush but not at Crusader Kings.Is it normal to experience heat issues like that

I do not know. Maybe because Aspyr bought rights for Sims 2 to port it to the Mac and then they simply decided not to renew.

It is known that Macbook Pro generates a lot of heat. On my 17" 2010 Macbook Pro it takes only about 10 minutes in CIV V, for fans to reach their full speed.

While it is normal, I perform a clean up of my Macbook Pro innards about once a month, which helps greatly to decrease heat build up.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.