Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

achimpiri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2013
Hello guys, please help if you can. I have MBP with mountain lion and latest updates on OSX. I was working on osiriX, it was trying to copy files from the CD but could not show the imported files on the database. I have tried it a couple of times including attempting to copy the files on to the desktop. it did not show any saved images anywhere.
I did manage to copy the DICOM files from the CD on to the desktop eventually, , but I noticed that all my files and folders from the desktop just DISAPPEARED. I cannot find them in finder either. Verified the disk - no problems found, restarted and logged off a couple of times with no joy.
CAN any one help finding and restoring my lost desktop items?

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Click on the desktop onto the 'Finder appears in the finder menu. Click on the word 'Finder' and in the drop-down select Finder's Preferences. Make sure "Hard Disk" is checked to show things on the desktop.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Hello guys, please help if you can. I have MBP with mountain lion and latest updates on OSX. I was working on osiriX, it was trying to copy files from the CD but could not show the imported files on the database. I have tried it a couple of times including attempting to copy the files on to the desktop. it did not show any saved images anywhere.
I did manage to copy the DICOM files from the CD on to the desktop eventually, , but I noticed that all my files and folders from the desktop just DISAPPEARED. I cannot find them in finder either. Verified the disk - no problems found, restarted and logged off a couple of times with no joy.
CAN any one help finding and restoring my lost desktop items?

In the sideBar click on Desktop, then "Get Info" from the Menu Bar or Command-I, if it only shows a few KB they are likely deleted or gone, look inside the Trashcan, another thing you can do is to switch on invisible files, if that is on and there is still nothing it's gone I guess.
If you remember a name of a file you can also use Spotligh to search for the file, use advanced search to search everywhere or download EasyFind which is easier.

achimpiri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2013
looks like the files are gone forever, so much for mac reliability. I was just praising the convenience of MBP to my wife, and within half an hour, this tragedy happens. lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.