Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VinegarTasters

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
The HTC One's biggest weakness is that, as an Android device, it does not support SD Cards for expanding the Flash memory. So what HTC One did, was take the USA HTC One make the back cover removable, and added in SD Card support! It also added in a SECOND SIM card try for dual SIM support!

Here it is... the unboxing...

YourAvgUser

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
Even though the HTC One is constructed all out of aluminum, it is acutally just an aluminum backplate that is fused with plastic. Fused with plastic is a fancy way of saying glued to plastic. They look kind of silly here don't you think?

VinegarTasters

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Only for china unfortunately.

You should turn on annotations and look at the video again. I don't think the phone is locked to any carriers. Because of the second SIM, you can get a phone that supports any type of cell technology... CDMA2000, WCDMA, and the pure China TD-SCDMA. The first two is supported worldwide, the last is supported only in China (and one other I think).

VinegarTasters

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
custom rom for htc one china model

Are there already custom roms for htc One usa version? Is the phone rooted already? What is the custom roms based on? (android version).

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
If any of you lot want to import these to the US and UK you could potentially make a lot of money ;)

chagla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2008
for China only. it will be hard to find in the usa. although ebay might have them. generally Negri Electronics and Expansys USA is pretty good with unlocked phones. they carry a wide variety, including dual-sim phones.

speaking of htc one, i still wouldn't get it due to lack of SD card. sure it looks nice but i wont trade nice looks for functionality.

VinegarTasters

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
more detail about microsd in htc one

Here is another video showing the MicroSD slot. This time you can see it actually slide in. It is the push until click to lock, and push until click to unlock type of MicroSD card slot. The same with the dual SIMS slots.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.