PDA

View Full Version : [phones] What smartphone are you currently using?

TacticalDesire
May 5, 2013, 09:03 PM
Just as the title says, what smartphone are you currently using? Are you happy with it?

I'm currently on a Nexus 4 and I'm extremely happy with it. If there's one thing I could change about it, it would be the battery though. I can eek out a day fine but it's a little close for comfort sometimes. Other than that I couldn't be happier. Lack of LTE hasn't been much of a problem for me despite how nice it is.

What about you?

sarcosis
May 5, 2013, 09:46 PM
Just as the title says, what smartphone are you currently using? Are you happy with it?

I'm currently on a Nexus 4 and I'm extremely happy with it. If there's one thing I could change about it, it would be the battery though. I can eek out a day fine but it's a little close for comfort sometimes. Other than that I couldn't be happier. Lack of LTE hasn't been much of a problem for me despite how nice it is.

What about you?

Using the Nexus 4 as swell and I've got mixed feelings about it. When it works, it's amazing. Is it better than the iPhone 5. Still not sure for what I use it for. It's the shortcomings that drive me nuts. Lack of LTE doesn't hurt me too much since the stuff I do, HSPA+ works great. Its the camera that kills me. It's better than the GNex, but that wasn't hard to do. The biggest thing for me is the Bluetooth. It's just so darn twitchy. I've had too many times where I go to turn it on, it does nothing. It takes a reboot to get it to work again.

Other than those things, I get a few random glitches here and there. Nothing to complain about. Liked the Nexus 4 over the S3, but the S3 had a great camera. I do miss that.

bembol
May 5, 2013, 09:53 PM
hTc One and Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm very happy with both. Each has its strengths and weaknesses.

jrswizzle
May 5, 2013, 09:56 PM
Signature says it all - I have the N4, HTC One and iP5. Currently sport the One as my daily driver and my iPhone 5 for work. The Nexus 4 will be used here in a few weeks when I head to Italy for 10 days.

There are different things I like about all of them, but the One may be my favorite - which is hard for an old iOS diehard like me to say!

ChazUK
May 5, 2013, 10:18 PM
Nexus 4 is my primary phone at the moment. Really pleased with the phone and having unlimited data, google services like Google Music and tethering are invaluable to me.

I sim swap between the Lumia and iPhone 4 as and when I feel like it! :)

nickchallis92
May 5, 2013, 10:25 PM
Galaxy S3 here.

Would love a galaxy S4, or the HTC One, or a new motherboard + graphics card.

But can't afford any of them! Student problems

onthecouchagain
May 5, 2013, 10:27 PM
HTC One.

Happy.

Could be happier, of course.

Fernandez21
May 5, 2013, 10:29 PM
I carry two phones, right now it's an iPhone 5 and HTC One. Best combo ever.

soulreaver99
May 5, 2013, 10:35 PM
Retired the Note II, went back to the iPhone 5 to use as an in-between phone while waiting for the Galaxy S4 and the HTC One. So glad I saved myself some frustration and went to the HTC One 64GB Developer Edition!

Hope Apple comes up with something better on the next generation iPhone and iOS7!

teamjaycub
May 5, 2013, 10:47 PM
I'm currently using an iPhone 5, but I'm going to sell it to buy a GS4.

Tig Bitties
May 5, 2013, 11:33 PM
Nexus 4, can't wait to be the first to get the next Android OS update immediately, where as the S4 and One owners will be waiting to till next year for their update.

My next phone will be the Nexus-Five in October, running Android 5.0

Krimsonmyst
May 5, 2013, 11:52 PM
Galaxy S4. Mega keen for the devs to do their thing for custom Roms and kernels. The S4 is great as it is, but I'd like to slim down some of the touch wiz bloat.

kramjam
May 6, 2013, 12:13 AM
iPhone 5, really tempted by the HTC One but going to see what Apple has in store next month with the iOS7 preview. Hoping that it brings some much needed features besides the UI makeover that's rumored, starting to get annoyed with the limitations of the OS.

cnev3
May 6, 2013, 12:20 AM
I cant believe several people are using two phones. So you have two separate numbers, on two separate accounts, or are they shared?

I couldnt stand to carry two big android phones in my pocket.

Guess its nice to combat the battery life issue though.

printz
May 6, 2013, 12:29 AM
A Samsung Galaxy Mini. It's fine as a smartphone, but it has the tendency to reboot occasionally. Dunno whether it's damaged physically, or Android (which isn't even the latest) is just like that and having kernel panics.

Sylon
May 6, 2013, 12:47 AM
Just switched to the Samsung Galaxy S4 from the Nexus 4. I love my GS4, such a joy to hold in my hand. Since switching to the Nexus 4 and now to the GS4, my old iPhone 4S feels so tiny in my hand. I don't understand all the hate the GS4 got for its build materials. They don't feel cheap at all. It actually weighs less than my iPhone and my Nexus, and I like that. Perfect size phone for me.

As for the software, I like it. I don't like the bloatware, something you don't get with the N4 or the iPhone. But other than that, I love it. How's this for crazy, this is my first Samsung phone since the Blackjack, lol.

Arni99
May 6, 2013, 12:51 AM
Nokia Lumia 920.
Waiting for the next iPhone and just sold my iPhone 5 as long as the next one has not been announced yet to maximize its sale value.
:p
Had the GS4 for 3 days, but got the new unlocked Lumia 920 for 369.- EUR which is almost 50% less than what I payed for the GS4.

Zwhaler
May 6, 2013, 03:37 AM
Note 2 and it is a beast phablet.

daveathall
May 6, 2013, 03:50 AM
I am really enjoying a SGS4, it is now set up how I want and it works and looks really good, I also have a Nexus 4 to sim swap and to get and preview Google updates sooner than I would with the S4. I really think that there is a plethora of fantastic phones about ATM, Apple, HTC, Samsung, Nokia and Sony have all got top of the range phones that are absolutely superb, I could quite happily carry any one of these. The choice for us, the consumer is better than it has been for a long time. :)

I don't understand all the hate the GS4 got for its build materials. They don't feel cheap at all. It actually weighs less than my iPhone and my Nexus, and I like that. Perfect size phone for me.

As for the software, I like it. I don't like the bloatware, something you don't get with the N4 or the iPhone. But other than that, I love it. How's this for crazy, this is my first Samsung phone since the Blackjack, lol.

I agree with these two points, the S4 feels like a quality product in the hand. As for the bloatware, I deleted or disabled all that I was able, the rest is hidden in the app draw out of sight, out of mind. :)

mattopotamus
May 6, 2013, 06:09 AM
Currently I am using the nexus 4. I am overall happy with the phone. It has some downsides, no LTE, camera, battery life; However for $299 I can't beat it. I know the type of person I am, and it would annoy me having a phone without the latest software. As long as I stay with android phones, I will stay with the nexus line until something changes with the way updates are handled.

lbros360
May 6, 2013, 06:33 AM
Iphone 5 user coming from a note 2. Very happy user!

Dontazemebro
May 6, 2013, 07:08 AM
Had my One X + stolen over the weekend so I'm back on my One X. Although I have been thinking about grabbing a Nexus 4 to tide me over till the 4th quarter slate of phones gets released. Not too impressed with this current crop (GS4, HTC One, Optimus G) of phones on the market, or moreso not that much of an upgrade over the One X.

adder7712
May 6, 2013, 07:12 AM
International Galaxy S3.

Still going strong despite the onset of the S4 and HTC One.

ToyGun1
May 6, 2013, 07:14 AM
Me using iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy s4 both phones are great.

bmac4
May 6, 2013, 08:07 AM
Note 2 and nexus 4. Best set up I have ever had. Hardware and software combined the note 2 might be the best phone I have ever used. Software only the nexus takes it. I have the iphone 5 too, but I only use it as an ipod.

zone23
May 6, 2013, 08:22 AM
iPhone 5 and a HTC Droid DNA.

Fernandez21
May 6, 2013, 08:29 AM
I cant believe several people are using two phones. So you have two separate numbers, on two separate accounts, or are they shared?

I have two numbers (one for work and one personal), on two accounts. Works great, I don't like giving my personal number to my clients, and I can mute my personal phone during my work day. If I'm going out I just leave my work phone at home.

TG1
May 6, 2013, 08:47 AM
Currently have the iPhone 5 as my personal phone and a Razr M for work. I always like to have the iOS and Android combo.

mattopotamus
May 6, 2013, 08:56 AM

A lot of people using multiple phones, myself included, just change sims out. I have a nano sim and use adapters to make it work with any type of phone.

ChazUK
May 6, 2013, 09:39 AM

I have two lines, business and personal.

I just set of the day with the phone of my fancy that morning. I will say its far more convenient carrying the Lumia and Nexus as np they use the same charging and USB standard. I have spare Apple cables at work to combat the iPhone incompatibility.

JediZenMaster
May 6, 2013, 10:53 AM
Nexus 4, iPhone 5 and HTC 8x

Woodcrest64
May 6, 2013, 10:13 PM
Galaxy S2 LTE 16gb on Jelly Bean. Still working like a charm and feels even snappier now with 4.1.2 compared to when I first got it with Gingerbread.

I don't have any desire to upgrade this year. I'm excited to see what Android 5.0 key lime pie brings. Though it may not come until next year as JB 4.3 is said to be announced at the next Google I/O.

I'm also excited to see what Apple does with iOS 7 and iOS 8.

bmac4
May 7, 2013, 07:58 AM
Galaxy S2 LTE 16gb on Jelly Bean. Still working like a charm and feels even snappier now with 4.1.2 compared to when I first got it with Gingerbread.

I don't have any desire to upgrade this year. I'm excited to see what Android 5.0 key lime pie brings. Though it may not come until next year as JB 4.3 is said to be announced at the next Google I/O.

I'm also excited to see what Apple does with iOS 7 and iOS 8.

Wow still using the S2. I wish I could keep a phone that long. I just always want the latest thing out.

Kariya
May 7, 2013, 08:11 AM
iPhone 5.

Had an LG N4, Nokia N9, HP Pre3, Omnia W (Samsung Focus Flash) but dumped all of them and returned to a certain fruity company. Ordered a GS4 and HTC One but cancelled after reading this sub-forum.

For me, nothing out there has beaten the overall experience of owning an iPhone...yet.

ChristianJapan
May 7, 2013, 08:13 AM
Still happy with my iP4; ready to get a iP 5S once released in summer

Peterg2
May 7, 2013, 09:30 AM

If I do not get the HTC One, I will probably get the iPhone 5. I don't think I can wait for the 5S as my home button is becoming a pain.

0dev
May 7, 2013, 10:37 AM
iPhone 4, very unhappy, it's a pile of crap. Replacing it with a BlackBerry soon.

sentinelsx
May 7, 2013, 11:06 AM
iPhone 5. Love the LTE. Not happy with the OS though.

Switching to nexus 4 in a week (will get next nexus in fall) because the iPhone has spoiled me to use a smartphone with direct updates from the software manufacturer and no carrier and OEM bloat/gimmicks.

----------

I loved the iPhone 4. The 5 is superior technically but for some reason I feel like the iPhone 4 was the best iPhone I ever had.

The battery life was stellar after several months and I could go play mc3 online on it for a couple hours and still have enough to last me the rest of the 24 hr period.

Also every ios version was jailbroken on it. 4.0,4.1,4.2,4,3,5.0,5.1. Tweaks were much more stable too. And I could always revert to whatever OS version I wanted on it. Good times :(

0dev
May 7, 2013, 11:08 AM
I loved the iPhone 4. The 5 is superior technically but for some reason I feel like the iPhone 4 was the best iPhone I ever had.

The battery life was stellar after several months and I could go play mc3 online on it for a couple hours and still have enough to last me the rest of the 24 hr period.

Also every ios version was jailbroken on it. 4.0,4.1,4.2,4,3,5.0,5.1. Tweaks were much more stable too. And I could always revert to whatever OS version I wanted on it. Good times :(

You can have mine if you want, we'll do a swap for your iPhone 5 ;)

ucfgrad93
May 7, 2013, 11:09 AM
I am currently using an iPhone 4S. I have an upgrade to use, but will wait to see what is coming in a few months.

Looon
May 7, 2013, 11:11 AM
I have an iphone 5 and galaxy s3
I switched off the gs3 a month ago and haven't missed it at all. The iphone 5 battery lasts me more than a day where the s3 I would have to plug it in in the middle of my shift at work which is a pain when your only option is to leave it out back where it could get stolen
Also not happy with how weak the s3 antenna is
My iphone 5 gets full LTE in spots where the s3 couldn't seem to keep a strong signal which also contributed to the poor battery life
Android is nice but the extra features are pointless when I can't use them because my battery will die on me

Fanaticalism
May 7, 2013, 11:16 AM
I5/gs4

sentinelsx
May 7, 2013, 11:18 AM
You can have mine if you want, we'll do a swap for your iPhone 5 ;)

Heh, time for a nexus 4 now. Going to leave iOS for a year or two and then we will see where it stands later. I am sure iOS will get some overhauling this year but i doubt it will be a lot.

I have an iphone 5 and galaxy s3
I switched off the gs3 a month ago and haven't missed it at all. The iphone 5 battery lasts me more than a day where the s3 I would have to plug it in in the middle of my shift at work which is a pain when your only option is to leave it out back where it could get stolen
Also not happy with how weak the s3 antenna is
My iphone 5 gets full LTE in spots where the s3 couldn't seem to keep a strong signal which also contributed to the poor battery life
Android is nice but the extra features are pointless when I can't use them because my battery will die on me

That is why i want next nexus to be made by motorola. Their antenna strength is great and means much better battery life when connected to cellular networks. The nexus 4 from LG is fine on wifi but takes a hit on 3G and i think the cellular hardware is more responsible for bad battery life than android OS.

EmaDaCuz
May 8, 2013, 06:46 AM
Sony Xperia T. While I love the hardware, I am a bit perplexed by Android. When everything works fine, the phone is a pleasure to use. Otherwise, I just want to throw it to the wall and break it into pieces. I may try to root it and go for a custom ROM.

mattopotamus
May 8, 2013, 06:58 AM
iPhone 5. Love the LTE. Not happy with the OS though.

Switching to nexus 4 in a week (will get next nexus in fall) because the iPhone has spoiled me to use a smartphone with direct updates from the software manufacturer and no carrier and OEM bloat/gimmicks.

----------

gonna wait until after the I/O to see if they do a refresh on it?

KentuckyHouse
May 8, 2013, 07:19 AM
As someone said earlier, my signature says it all...

Right now my primary is the LG Optimus G and I've got the iPhone 5 and S3. My Note 2 arrives tomorrow (I had one before but stupidly sold it and missed it dearly). I'll then sell the S3 and keep the OG, Note 2, and iPhone 5. The Note 2 will probably be my daily driver at that point with the OG being my backup. Eventually the iPhone 5 is going to my wife to replace her 4S. I may or may not use an upgrade to get the 5S later this year. I haven't decided yet.

sentinelsx
May 8, 2013, 07:22 AM
gonna wait until after the I/O to see if they do a refresh on it?

I doubt the refresh rumors are true.

daveathall
May 8, 2013, 07:48 AM

I'm more or less in agreement here, I had a 4S and still believe it to be the best iPhone I have owned, there was just something about it. (I did have a iPhone 5 for a couple of months)

Stuntman06
May 8, 2013, 01:19 PM

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 for my personal phone. It's the best phone I have ever used.

I have a BlackBerry Tour 9630 for work. It is adequate for work purposes. Batterly life is awesome.

When I am at work, I put my SGS3 in airplane mode and turn on my BB. I don't like taking personal calls and messages while at work. I may turn it on during breaks if I am expecting a message. After work, I turn by BB off and switch off airplane mode on my SGS3. I occasionally do on call support for work. When I do, I forward my BB phone number to my SGS3, so I don't have to carry around 2 phones all the time.

0dev
May 8, 2013, 01:27 PM

I used to have two phones just so I could have one main phone I kept for a long time and other I could replace every few months so I could try out new phones all the time. I went through BlackBerries and Android phones at a rate of around five a year back in the day. The main phone was the one I actually used as a phone and it's the number I gave out. The secondary phone I didn't even bother putting a call or text plan on, I just had internet.

I'd still be doing that now if I could afford it :(

tbayrgs
May 8, 2013, 02:16 PM
I'm using a HTC One (Dev edition) and will be sticking with it (at least through the summer ;)) as I'm selling my Note 2 and handed the iPhone 5 over to the wife. It's my 4th Android device in the past year and I've finally found a keeper. It's not perfect but best I've used so far.

I've also decided I'm not a big fan of carrier branded devices or phones using a skin on top of stock Android so I'm most interested in upcoming iPhones, Nexus devices and possibly the rumored Motorola X phone.

ToyGun1
May 8, 2013, 02:59 PM
I'm using a HTC One (Dev edition) and will be sticking with it (at least through the summer ;)) as I'm selling my Note 2 and handed the iPhone 5 over to the wife. It's my 4th Android device in the past year and I've finally found a keeper. It's not perfect but best I've used so far.

I've also decided I'm not a big fan of carrier branded devices or phones using a skin on top of stock Android so I'm most interested in upcoming iPhones, Nexus devices and possibly the rumored Motorola X phone.

Device using now is Samsung Galaxy s4 and iPhone 5
Note 2 SOLD To make way for iPhone 5s in september:p

KentuckyHouse
May 8, 2013, 04:00 PM

Logic bud. Try using logic. :rolleyes:

If you're with a GSM carrier you have SIM cards that you can pop out of one phone and into another. You can easily swap back and forth this way.

And I'm sorry. Battery life issue? Let me put my Note 2 or even my Optimus G up against my iPhone 5 and you'll see who has the battery issues. Hint...it'll have an apple on the back of it. :cool:

Ashe9
May 8, 2013, 07:59 PM
Logic bud. Try using logic. :rolleyes:

If you're with a GSM carrier you have SIM cards that you can pop out of one phone and into another. You can easily swap back and forth this way.

And I'm sorry. Battery life issue? Let me put my Note 2 or even my Optimus G up against my iPhone 5 and you'll see who has the battery issues. Hint...it'll have an apple on the back of it. :cool:

Never had an issue w/ iPhone 5 battery life. Optimus G, however, is a crapshoot.

Jessica Lares
May 8, 2013, 11:27 PM
I'm on a Huawei Fusion 2. It's a less than $80 GoPhone. I'm pretty happy with it. I rooted it, installed CM7, and it's working fairly well. Have it setup to look like ICS, and with all the apps having the Holo look anyway, the only thing that really stands out differently is the recents tab.

It's kinda slow too, but not as bad as when I first got it and couldn't change he CPU to max out at all times.

Can't wait until iPhone S5 though. :D

Johbremat
May 8, 2013, 11:44 PM
In the last few weeks skipped from a Samsung Galaxy Nexus to Xperia Z.

Played with the Lumia 920 and couldn't bring myself to jump ship, as nice as it was. Tried the HTC One, and honestly can't see the fascination everyone seems to have with it.

Continue to hope (read: dream) of Sony releasing a handset in the same vein as the Tablet P, with a third screen on the outside.

Borealis
May 9, 2013, 12:59 AM
I am using a Samsung GS3 currently with 16GB internal memory and a class 10 exFAT formatted 16GB microSD card. The phone is not perfect, it has a few minor annoyances, but on the whole, it's an awesome device, which does pretty much everything I want it to do. I am running it stock with transitions and all the bloatware disabled...runs smoothly with no lag anywhere. I'd go so far as to say that it's the single best mobile electronic device that I have ever owned/used in terms of functionality and ease of use.:cool:

I am mostly in areas that have full signal strength or wifi, so I can easily get a full day of moderate/heavy usage (watching videos, full time gmail sync, browsing etc). Battery is around 15-25% at bedtime when it's time to charge. I rarely use the device to make phone calls since I much prefer to SMS or email. I frequently transfer large files (videos and documents mainly) between the phone and my PC, and the ease with which I can do it really makes the device shine for me. Just plug in to the USB port, drag and drop; no need to convert any of the videos...the stock, hardware accelerated video player plays pretty much anything you throw at it, with good battery life too. And there are always excellent free alternatives such as BSPlayer and MXPlayer for those rare pesky mkv files that don't work well with the stock player.

I also carry a microSD-to-SD adapter in my wallet all the time, so for really large files (>4GB), I use it to transfer the file(s) to my exFAT formatted microSD card.

The file explorer options for Android are extremely useful, as are the file compression apps.

I am looking forward to upgrading to the Note 3 or the GS4 (once the bugs have been ironed out) in a few months.

Hastings101
May 9, 2013, 03:28 AM
A three year old Blackberry Torch 9800. I lost my HTC One X somewhere while on a road trip so I'm forced to use a backup until I have time to get a new smartphone.

It's not that bad really: I absolutely love the hardware keyboard, the battery life is fantastic (a full 15+ hour day with very heavy use), and the e-mail/texting is still better than on any other phone I've used (combined inbox is a godsend). On the flip side, the rest of the software is annoyingly slow and if there's any sort of bug at all I have to do a battery pull to fix it. Plus, I don't think RIM's web browser developers could make a decent browser if their lives depended on it.

0dev
May 9, 2013, 07:30 AM
A three year old Blackberry Torch 9800. I lost my HTC One X somewhere while on a road trip so I'm forced to use a backup until I have time to get a new smartphone.

It's not that bad really: I absolutely love the hardware keyboard, the battery life is fantastic (a full 15+ hour day with very heavy use), and the e-mail/texting is still better than on any other phone I've used (combined inbox is a godsend). On the flip side, the rest of the software is annoyingly slow and if there's any sort of bug at all I have to do a battery pull to fix it. Plus, I don't think RIM's web browser developers could make a decent browser if their lives depended on it.

You should look at the Z10 or Q10, they run a totally new OS completely rewritten from the bottom up and it's finally a modern smartphone OS, but it also has the same combined inbox and awesome messaging features of traditional BlackBerries, and the Q10 has that same awesome keyboard. Plus the browser on the new OS is excellent (I **** you not!) and you no longer need to pull the battery for anything (unless you want to swap it on the go ;)).

Worth having a look when you get your replacement phone :)

Oohara
May 9, 2013, 07:57 AM
I use a Note 2 since a month, my first non-iPhone ever, and I LOVE it.

In fact I love it so much that I still keep my old iPhone 3G around for when I go out to get hammered :D

paulsalter
May 9, 2013, 08:00 AM
A bit behind on my phone, I still use the Galaxy S2

It does everything I need and when I am at home I use my Nexus 7

I have till Jan next year when my upgrade is due, plan on getting the S4 but this could change

The-Real-Deal82
May 9, 2013, 08:06 AM
I use a Note 2 since a month, my first non-iPhone ever, and I LOVE it.

In fact I love it so much that I still keep my old iPhone 3G around for when I go out to get hammered :D
I know a few friends who have the Note 2 and for all its great features, its not so great at fitting in the pocket of a pair of skinny jeans on a night out lol. For a start it looks like they have a telephone book wedged down there and due to its size its likely to get dropped in the early hours when trying to ring a taxi. :D

0dev
May 9, 2013, 08:21 AM
I know a few friends who have the Note 2 and for all its great features, its not so great at fitting in the pocket of a pair of skinny jeans on a night out lol. For a start it looks like they have a telephone book wedged down there and due to its size its likely to get dropped in the early hours when trying to ring a taxi. :D

Is that a Note 2 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? ;)

Oohara
May 9, 2013, 08:24 AM

Lol yeah, nerd answer: "Ummm...yes, it's a Note 2 I'm afraid :("

The-Real-Deal82
May 9, 2013, 08:42 AM
Indeed haha.
The Note doesn't seem to have the same cool factor in a pub/nightclub as it would sat on the boardroom table IMO. A mate of mine got off with a girl and decided to get her number when we were out last month and she apparently said 'wow that's big' and giggled when he whipped it out (The Note!), so size can be a hindrance for some :p ...Not that I buy a phone for status like that, I'm married after all :)

KentuckyHouse
May 10, 2013, 09:46 AM

The problem here isn't the size of the Note 2. :rolleyes:

Look, I lived through the 80's...it was awful the first time around (except for the music). Why in the heck does today's generation want to bring back the fashion??? Neon colors, skinny jeans, leggings, dorky haircuts.

My message to this generation...find your own identity and stop recycling the god-awful ideas of past generations. Sure, we were cool at the time (or so we thought), but when you start ripping off past generation's fashion and style...it's not a hat tip to the past...it just shows that you all have a lack of imagination.

paulsalter
May 10, 2013, 09:50 AM
Look, I lived through the 80's...it was awful the first time around

:eek:

How many times have you lived through the 80's, sound like a time traveler :D

I know what you mean in the full post, but like the above bit on it's own

The-Real-Deal82
May 10, 2013, 09:50 AM
The problem here isn't the size of the Note 2. :rolleyes:

Look, I lived through the 80's...it was awful the first time around (except for the music). Why in the heck does today's generation want to bring back the fashion??? Neon colors, skinny jeans, leggings, dorky haircuts.

My message to this generation...find your own identity and stop recycling the god-awful ideas of past generations. Sure, we were cool at the time (or so we thought), but when you start ripping off past generation's fashion and style...it's not a hat tip to the past...it just shows that you all have a lack of imagination.
I was born in 1982 ;)
I don't think slim fit jeans are exclusive to the 80's much like boot cut jeans are not exclusive to cowboy times :p

Then again bringing back massive phones could be classed as bringing back the 80's, have you thought about that? Can't just blame the fashion :)

Tig Bitties
May 10, 2013, 09:53 AM
Nexus 4

Only phone am I looking to upgrade to would be the Nexus-Five in October / November. And maybe, just maybe see what Nokia & Microsoft have for their next generation Windows 9 phone later this year, or whatever it will be called.

KentuckyHouse
May 10, 2013, 02:38 PM
I was born in 1982 ;)
I don't think slim fit jeans are exclusive to the 80's much like boot cut jeans are not exclusive to cowboy times :p

Then again bringing back massive phones could be classed as bringing back the 80's, have you thought about that? Can't just blame the fashion :)

This is a good point...LOL. But skinny jeans are a bad idea at any time. :D

:eek:

How many times have you lived through the 80's, sound like a time traveler :D

I know what you mean in the full post, but like the above bit on it's own

Haha...yeah, apparently I'm a time traveler and didn't realize it. :p

demisb
May 10, 2013, 03:45 PM
After a lot of dumb phones, this is my list:
HTC Desire HD - HTC Incredible S - HTC One X - LG Nexus 4 - HTC One

Really loved the N4, but couldn't resist the beautiful One :D

BTW, Was on Paranoid Android on the N4, and now on ARHD 8.0 on the One
Both awesome roms!

0dev
May 10, 2013, 05:04 PM
Haha...yeah, apparently I'm a time traveler and didn't realize it. :p

Well they did invent a time machine in the 80's...

http://i.imgur.com/Rv152UB.jpg

:p

Saturn1217
May 10, 2013, 05:37 PM
Currently using a Galaxy Nexus. Hoping it is still supported for a few more os updates (I have the gsm version from the play store)

I have to say that after doing a factory reset and only reinstalling the apps I actually use it runs great. Does basically everything I need it to. Which is slightly frustrating as I have become quite enamored of the galaxy s4.

But I also want the next nexus 7, and to finally get an iPad whenever those are released, and maybe update my macbook air to the latest haswell if there are significant battery life improvements...needless to say I am not made of money so I will have to pick just one. First world problems...

slu
May 10, 2013, 08:45 PM
Just moved from an iPhone 4 to a Nexus 4. Couldn't be happier. The bigger screen is wonderful.

Beeplance
May 10, 2013, 08:54 PM
iPhone 3GS. WOOHOO! :D

siurpeeman
May 11, 2013, 01:29 AM
currently a nexus 4, but i switch off between the nexus and an iphone 5. i'm itching, though, for another device. :(

Wrathwitch
May 13, 2013, 12:18 PM
FWIW Still using the SSGS3 in Canada on Telus.

I really can't complain much about the phone. I am getting twitchy about something new. The HTC One almost tempted me, but I don't like the two step you need to get for such settings like wifi, brightness etc compared to Samsung.

I am really hoping that Google releases something that I just MUST have this year. I could use something new and have a back up phone. I would like to have a native Google aka stock phone. One that isn't locked in by telus that is....

sentinelsx
May 13, 2013, 12:22 PM

I really can't complain much about the phone. I am getting twitchy about something new. The HTC One almost tempted me, but I don't like the two step you need to get for such settings like wifi, brightness etc compared to Samsung.

I am really hoping that Google releases something that I just MUST have this year. I could use something new and have a back up phone. I would like to have a native Google aka stock phone. One that isn't locked in by telus that is....

Yeah the S3 is still a pretty good phone.

The only reason i like the S4 more is because pentile AMOLED always benefits from higher resolution and screen is the biggest drawback here IMO. So more resolution makes the S4 as must have. If the S3 had a 720p LCD instead, i would not mind.

You can also unlock it pretty easy.

maxosx
May 13, 2013, 12:40 PM
A Smartphone is such an important, useful, and necessary tool for me that I have a very dynamic usage pattern. Always fine tuning my workflow, and as one who is addicted to trying most of the different phones, I would say it's a tie presently.

I have two favorites as primary phones, my Nexus 4 & my HTC One. The HTC mostly because I haven't used an HTC for a couple of years.

Next up is my Galaxy S4, for a variety of reasons, all rather small personal preferences. It's a very comfortable phone in-hand. Also as one who prefers not to use a case the ergonomics of the S4 have changed slightly over my S3, just enough to make the S4 a very comfortable phone to hold.

Speaking of ergo's the flat slab shape of my iPhone 5 is rather bad, however thank's to the Mophie Juice Pack Air I use, it's made the tiny iPhone feel much better. Now it just needs a decent sized display.

I'm a bit ambiguous about Windows Phone's still... but I will continue to remain open minded. Sometimes MS is very slow to get a project off the ground, yet they have staying power and usually get things sorted out at some point.

jrswizzle
May 13, 2013, 12:43 PM

Two-step? Download power toggles and viola!....

Wrathwitch
May 13, 2013, 12:45 PM
Two-step? Download power toggles and viola!....

Yeah I saw that feature, it is nice, but I still like just pulling down the default UI notification tab and having access there. Downloading an app for that, still makes it feel like a two step process, unless you can tack it onto the pull down menu some how... Otherwise you have to navigate to the page that it is on and then use the features.

jrswizzle
May 13, 2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah I saw that feature, it is nice, but I still like just pulling down the default UI notification tab and having access there. Downloading an app for that, still makes it feel like a two step process, unless you can tack it onto the pull down menu some how... Otherwise you have to navigate to the page that it is on and then use the features.

That picture IS my pull down menu.....

You download power toggles, set up the toggles YOU want (can also change icons and colors - also gives you a battery life percentage in the top left of the status bar) and it all shows in you pull down menu like shown.

It's much nicer than the Samsung iteration IMO - the way Samsung does it seems extremely cluttered and overwhelming. With power toggles you have the freedom to customize as you want.

hexonxonx
May 13, 2013, 12:59 PM
Nexus 4 and iPhone 4S.

Wrathwitch
May 13, 2013, 02:43 PM
That picture IS my pull down menu.....

You download power toggles, set up the toggles YOU want (can also change icons and colors - also gives you a battery life percentage in the top left of the status bar) and it all shows in you pull down menu like shown.

It's much nicer than the Samsung iteration IMO - the way Samsung does it seems extremely cluttered and overwhelming. With power toggles you have the freedom to customize as you want.

Cool! Thanks for the info! Always learning :)

jrswizzle
May 13, 2013, 03:15 PM
Cool! Thanks for the info! Always learning :)

No prob! Someone told me about it when I had my Nexus and I liked it so much I carried it over to the One. I feel like I made it match Sense 5 pretty closely :D

Ih8reno
May 13, 2013, 06:44 PM
Past 3 phones were , iPhone 4S, galaxy nexus and now iPhone 5. What can I say, iPhones just always seem to draw me back in!

Shadow Puppy
May 13, 2013, 07:23 PM
A couple Nexus 4's and an HTC One. :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/294853_10151648461682463_294224023_n.jpg

The Game 161
May 13, 2013, 07:32 PM
Galaxy S4

siurpeeman
May 13, 2013, 10:41 PM
A couple Nexus 4's and an HTC One. :)

Image (https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/294853_10151648461682463_294224023_n.jpg)

why two nexus 4s?

Shadow Puppy
May 13, 2013, 10:52 PM
why two nexus 4s?

One is running different versions of various apps, than the one that's running the Play Store versions.

Explicitic
May 13, 2013, 11:19 PM
I currently carry a Droid DNA and Int'l Galaxy S3. After thinking for a while, I decided neither the HTC One or Galaxy S4 really interest me at all since they don't bring much to the table. I'm waiting to see what Google (next-generation Nexus) and Samsung (next-generation Note) have in store for the fall.

F123D
May 14, 2013, 01:33 AM
Galaxy Note II.

After seeing all the new smartphones released so far this year, I have no regrets with my purchase. Really enjoying this phone.

Fireblade
May 14, 2013, 03:37 AM
Galaxy S4.
Absolutely love this device.

The-Real-Deal82
May 14, 2013, 03:42 AM
One is running different versions of various apps, than the one that's running the Play Store versions.

Must be a pain swapping the sim card. I notice one has no sim in the picture.

sk1wbw
May 14, 2013, 05:38 AM
Just got a 32 gig Galaxy Nexus to use alongside my iPhone 5, but a day after I got the Nexus, someone offered me 250 so my iPhone 5. So now I'm just using the Nexus.

Zmanbaseball2
May 14, 2013, 05:44 AM
Alias 2 now iPhone 5 since last December

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

towg
May 14, 2013, 05:54 AM
HTC One.

Before that an iPhone 5 and before that a Nexus 4.

I prefer the HTC :)

Shadow Puppy
May 14, 2013, 06:48 PM
Must be a pain swapping the sim card. I notice one has no sim in the picture.

I actually have two sims (only one was installed at the time of this picture though). I use one for personal, one for business, and the 3rd Nexus I run various things on that I wouldn't want to try out on my daily driver device.

The-Real-Deal82
May 15, 2013, 02:17 AM
I actually have two sims (only one was installed at the time of this picture though). I use one for personal, one for business, and the 3rd Nexus I run various things on that I wouldn't want to try out on my daily driver device.
Fair enough :)
You're obviously well into this as a hobby.

Zmanbaseball2
May 15, 2013, 08:35 PM
i am currently using samsung Galaxy S4 and the iphone 5, really happy with both of them. none of them is perfect but both have their own specialities.

Perfect set of phones to have. You can choose which phone to use to fit in with other people around you. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

superstarmc
May 15, 2013, 09:12 PM
The iPhone 4S. Hopefully verizon HTC One next month.

LSUtigers03
May 15, 2013, 11:15 PM
iPhone 5 right now. I'm looking to add a Note 2 or Optimus G in the near future.

kenypowa
May 15, 2013, 11:49 PM
can't believe how many people here are wielding two or more top of the line phones.

I'm very happy with Nexus 4 with HTC Amaze as backup.

durant35
May 16, 2013, 01:48 AM
Note 2 and love it. I'm tempted by the S4 but don't want to give up the larger screen. Waiting for the Note 3!