PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook + Klipsch 5.1 how??

anamenotused
Oct 28, 2005, 01:33 AM
Just as the title suggest. How can I hook up my new powerbook G4 to my Klipsch 5.1s.

This is the new one, so it has optical out. The 5.1s dont have optical in. Is there a module i can use that will decode the optical? I know klipsch made a DD 5.1 module but i cant buy it anymore new. What do you guys recommend? Am i supposed to get new speakers now cuz to be honest, these 5.1s surpass anything ive ever heard.

khisayruou
Oct 28, 2005, 01:47 AM
You are going to need a multichannel external sound card if you want true 5.1 coming out. There are a few options and kinda expensive at that.
M-Audio Sonica Theater and the Griffin Firewave will get the job done.

anamenotused
Oct 28, 2005, 01:51 AM
You are going to need a multichannel external sound card if you want true 5.1 coming out. There are a few options and kinda expensive at that.
M-Audio Sonica Theater and the Griffin Firewave will get the job done.

wont those put use alot of processing power?

I just want to take the optical signal already being produced to be decoded so i can use the 5.1s....

</newb>

khisayruou
Oct 28, 2005, 02:34 AM
It shouldn't use too much processing power, its not like your going to be gaming or anything. hmmm...you can run optical out into a surround sound receiver. I don't know of any other solution...sorry I couldnt help. :(

khisayruou
Oct 28, 2005, 02:42 AM
Scratch the firewave, I just realized the thing is not even out...don't think it ever will be out for that matter.

Another thread similar to yours: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=157860