PDA

View Full Version : Dead Pixels or just normal - plz help me!

TobyM
Oct 28, 2005, 01:41 AM
i need your help guys...already posted this on ilounge, but i need as many feedback as possible.

when my ipod displays a black foto, or a dark scene during a video, i see some very little white dots on display, which vary when i move the ipod to left and right. then other white dots become visible.
it really depends of the angle you look at the ipod.
backlight has to be on.

i dont know if these are really dead pixels, because they are that small (you really have to look for them), and can only be seen from certain angles, and there are MANY of them...7 or 8 at least.
you can only see them when you display a black foto or a black scene from a video with backlight on, not in any of the menus.

i just called apple, they gonna replace it.
but i really want to know if thats normal, and if these are dead pixels or just dust particles.

could anybody of you test whether its the same with your ipod? just watch a plain black foto with backlight on, and move and lean your ipod a little, left and right, looking at the display from different angles.
and plz look carefully, they´re hard to find ;)

TobyM
Oct 28, 2005, 11:49 AM
no replies :(

on monday tnt will take my ipod with them, the new one´s gonna need another 2 weeks from shanghai :(

couldn´t anybody please test this?
just put a black jpg on your ipod, and watch it with your backlight on, moving your ipod a little.

i´d kick myself´s *** if every ipod has these white dots, and i´d have to wait for 2 weeks for my new one, with just the same dots.

HardHatMac9
Oct 28, 2005, 12:07 PM
There are about two posts in the last week about this. I had a similar problem with my iPod. The problem is with the plastic above your screen, not the pixels. The problem with the plastic creates a prism effect which is why the screen looks different at certain points when you move it around.

I got a replacement, but I haven't opened it yet, I'm worried it will have the same problems and I don't feel like dealing with the hassel. At the same time I don't want to wait for another iPod if it's messed up.

noelister
Oct 28, 2005, 12:20 PM
I noticed the same problem. At first i thought it was my screen protector but I removed it and it has the same problem. however, my little dots seem to be in the exact same place:confused:

Any suggestions???

TobyM
Oct 28, 2005, 04:13 PM
are you sure about that prisma effect?
it really looks like bad/dead pixels to me.
also, there are really many of them.

seems like there arent many people with white dots on their new ipod. or maybe nobody has looked close enough until now.
i hope my replacement ipod comes with no white dots...