Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
I was helping a friend upgrade her 12" PB today, and I noticed that one of the small hex screws in the bottom corner of the screen was missing, and the one on the other side was loose. I asked her if she'd noticed this and got "Come to think of it, I found a screw on the floor a few days ago. I threw it out. Oh dear." (She's not too bright when it comes to this sort of thing.)

Anyway, I broke out my tiniest hex screwdriver and tightened the other screw (how the heck are you supposed to reach that screw, though? The body is in the way!), but now she's got a little hole and a slightly (though surprisingly not severely) loose display shell.

Anybody have a bright idea as to where to come up with one? The nearest Apple store is 300 miles away, PBFixit sells them but they're $20 for a full set and out of stock anyway, and eBay came up empty. Being that Apple does all laptop service in-house now, do authorized service centers even stock parts like that?

g0gie

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2005
if its under warrenty , they will mail you a box and fix it for you. They shoudl do it with no problems, and the fixit people will most definantly have the parts on hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.