Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
I currently have an Apple AirPort Extreme and into that is plugged my O2 wifi router.

At the moment I'm paying for line rental and a home phone I never use. Can I use mobile broadband at home?

theSully

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2013
I currently have an Apple AirPort Extreme and into that is plugged my O2 wifi router.

At the moment I'm paying for line rental and a home phone I never use. Can I use mobile broadband at home?

Mobile broadband as in a wifi hotspot? That uses a cellular connection for data?

Sure, why not. I did for a while.

Not a huge deal. The quality of the connection isn't necessarily great, but whatever. For basic browsing, it sufficed.

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
Or, do you mean you can keep your Internet connection through O2 (via DSL, I assume) without having to pay for phone service? If that's your question, you're best off asking O2. I know with AT&T, they changed their terms a few years ago to allow for "naked" DSL without phone service. Prior to that, you HAD to have phone service with them if you wanted DSL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.