PDA

View Full Version : iPod beeping at me!

maxterpiece
Oct 28, 2005, 04:31 AM
Okay, so i left my iPod with an empty battery for quite a while and today when I plugged it into my iBook, it booted up, but then i saw the "device removal" error message on my computer, even though the ipod was still connected.

I looked atthe ipod and it had reverted to the charging screen... the one with the pic of the big battery being filled up. But the battery wasn't being "filled up".There was no animation like usual. It just sat there, frozen. So after pressing the buttons to no avail, I disconnected the ipod from the computer.

The charging image stayed on the screen for another 10 seconds or so, then disappeared. I tried plugging the iPod in again and it booted up again, and this time things went fine for at least 15 seconds. iTunes started to copy some new tracks onto the iPod. Everything looked kosher.

Then boom - right in the middle of updating, it drops back to the frozen battery screen and starts beeping at me over and over... like it's yelling at me for mistreating it or something. I had no idea the iPod even had the capacity to make any other sound then the little clicking noise it makes as you navigate.

So the beeping goes on for about 20 seconds, and I'm just sorta smiling in confusion at the ipod. I'm worried, but then I'm entertained by the absurdity. And then the beeping stops just as suddenly as it had started. The iPod reboots, and reconnects to my computer. iTunes completes its update, and here i am now, with a happily charging iPod resting just to the left of my iBook.

What do ya'll think the little fella was trying to say?

carpe diem
Oct 28, 2005, 05:11 AM
Which iPod?

maxterpiece
Oct 28, 2005, 05:23 AM
Which iPod?
20gb - the last one they made before they went all color.

Chundles
Oct 28, 2005, 05:26 AM
Okay, so i left my iPod with an empty battery for quite a while and today when I plugged it into my iBook, it booted up, but then i saw the "device removal" error message on my computer, even though the ipod was still connected.

I looked atthe ipod and it had reverted to the charging screen... the one with the pic of the big battery being filled up. But the battery wasn't being "filled up".There was no animation like usual. It just sat there, frozen. So after pressing the buttons to no avail, I disconnected the ipod from the computer.

The charging image stayed on the screen for another 10 seconds or so, then disappeared. I tried plugging the iPod in again and it booted up again, and this time things went fine for at least 15 seconds. iTunes started to copy some new tracks onto the iPod. Everything looked kosher.

Then boom - right in the middle of updating, it drops back to the frozen battery screen and starts beeping at me over and over... like it's yelling at me for mistreating it or something. I had no idea the iPod even had the capacity to make any other sound then the little clicking noise it makes as you navigate.

So the beeping goes on for about 20 seconds, and I'm just sorta smiling in confusion at the ipod. I'm worried, but then I'm entertained by the absurdity. And then the beeping stops just as suddenly as it had started. The iPod reboots, and reconnects to my computer. iTunes completes its update, and here i am now, with a happily charging iPod resting just to the left of my iBook.

What do ya'll think the little fella was trying to say?

"I wish I were a soap dish"

SpaceMagic
Oct 28, 2005, 06:32 AM
This happened to me! It's all about the USB cable.

Sync with your firewire cable, and you'll see it works!

Damn USB.