Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

datoby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
The old Powerbooks are whining if you copy sth over the ethernet. Really loud it is when you click "about vlc" in the videolan player. Do the new ones have the same whining / chirping? It is very annoying. Ca. 10khz @ 40db.

datoby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
sry for the answer to the post, but i cant use the edit functions.

The whining / chirping is only in the energy modes "normal" and "better performance". On "better battery life" it is really quiet.

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
datoby said:
sth = something
sry = sorry

Contextually it was apparent what these meant bt y th fk d u btr t abv yr wds lk tht?!? It just makes things more obtuse. If you have a question and want people to understand it and answer it then consider communicating clearly.

datoby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
sorry about the shortcuts. I hope this is the right word for it. ca. means in german "zirka". In english it means circa. 10khz is the frequence and 40db the volume.

Back to the question. Anyone here who has got a new powerbook model and can tell me about the whining or chirping in "vlc" (videolan.org) in "about vlc".

Or. If i copy something over the ethernet to my pc (personal computer :p). The powerbook makes some strange noises. I got two replacements, all with the same problem. I hope the new model which apple has sent me, wont "whine".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.