PDA

View Full Version : Awesome fan made BlackBerry ad

0dev
May 7, 2013, 10:18 AM
Just found this on YouTube and thought I'd share it because I just think it's awesome. I think this is the kind of commercial BlackBerry should actually air on TV, it does a good job connecting people to their brand again IMO.

BLRXUARm3kA

sentinelsx
May 7, 2013, 11:59 AM
May be blackberry can do better if they swoop up the ad agency samsung is using :)

FrancoisC
May 7, 2013, 12:28 PM
Not bad for fan made :)

Nice little jab at Apple in there too :p

LIVEFRMNYC
May 7, 2013, 09:42 PM
Didn't like it at all. I get the concept but it was too long and focused to much on texting, which ruined any connection/emotion for the actors. The faceless actor depiction of earlier years also ruined it. When he comes home and they show his face, I found myself saying "Who the hell are you?".

The concept kind of reminded me of this commercial ......... http://youtu.be/5Wa_6g9WNgU. They should of made it something like that but just slightly longer.

Sorry for being such a critic, I can't sleep and I'm bored.

iLog.Genius
May 7, 2013, 09:52 PM
Didn't like it at all. I get the concept but it was too long and focused to much on texting, which ruined any connection/emotion for the actors. The faceless actor depiction of earlier years also ruined it. When he comes home and they show his face, I found myself saying "Who the hell are you?".

The concept kind of reminded me of this commercial ......... http://youtu.be/5Wa_6g9WNgU. They should of made it something like that but just slightly longer.

I agree. I want to add that it would've been better to focus not only texting and include e-mail and BBM which is pretty much what BlackBerry's are for. And for an ad, you want to be able to relate to the person so it would've been effective to show their faces throughout the ad instead of just the end.

0dev
May 8, 2013, 05:25 AM

That is true, I agree with you on those points, but then this is a fan ad. For a fan ad I think the concept is brilliant and if it was done professionally there is potential here. It'd sell a lot of BlackBerries if a professional had a crack at it I reckon.

maflynn
May 8, 2013, 05:36 AM
No bad but I wouldn't say awesome. I guess that's just me and I was a former BB user back in the day.

slu
May 8, 2013, 08:13 AM
The ad looked good and was edited well. It was way too long though. And it was focused on texting, which any phone could do. And lastly, I never need to hear that song again.